Woodentop v CapOne*****WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i live in hope lol

although i dont like the sound of the 2 weeks wait to get the cheque and then having to wait a further 4 days

don't we all!!!

I know its crazy in this computer generated world that we live in that it takes 14 weeks for someone to press a button to send out a pre-printed/signed cheque and then another 4 days for it to clear in our bank accounts.

I won against Barclays and the money was paid direct into my account within 1 hour but my daughter has just accepted her payment and now they say it will take 14 days to pay the money into her account!!!!! the mind boggles!

Woody

Not received notice of service from the Court yet. Probably due to postal strikes that are happening.

Another query just tried to check the account on-line. Get a message that they can't find the account and have I put all the right info in - which I have - has anyone else had this ?????? once court proceedings have started. It was there the other day!

Regards

Woody

might be worth calling them in the morning-my cheque SHOULD be here by friday-but can't comment on your query as my account is already with capquest

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

They wait until their time is up then say they will defend. Normally they pay up at this point.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well looks like things are moving. Just checked account on-line they have paid in court fee, plus charges but not the interest they charged plus not the 8% - not received a letter yet so will wait to see what they says. The account is now in credit - funny that don't have a card to spend it on LOL - as they didn't send a new one - will keep you informed.

Woody

You could ask for a cheque . . was the account closed?

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hiya,

No account not closed but they never sent a new card through when old one expired - will ask for a cheque but want to wait and see what they propose - looks to me like they have not refunded full charges certainly no 8% interest - have refunded court fee of £250 (flippin cheek paid that in cash) and I also claimed the interest they charged each month as no purchases have been made on the account for years - don't think they have paid that but will wait to see what their letter/Defence says if and when they serve it. At least the phone calls have stopped tonight LOL

Woody

Ok received their letter usual blurb about denying their fees unlawful, based on costs they incur when customer breaks their contract etc. fees only levied when customer breaches their contract, have acted in accordance with the terms and conditions and that I have no claim against Capital One.

After reviewing my request for CCI to cover interest -my calculations are incorrect, All default fees charged to any account are always charged at the purchase interest rate. Whilst you are entilted to claim back interest on the fees we have charged you at the same rate as what is on your account, your calculations do not take into account any payments you made to the account.

Total amount purchase interest ever charged is £656 which includes interest on all of your purchase and only a small portion of this figures has been charged on the default fees. On the basis of the above I cannot agree to the proposal of refunding £3937 to cover the interest.

then goes on about the charges claimed but the crux is

They have cleared the account balance of £790 and are sending a cheque for £2161 in the post which includes the court fee of £250. So have checked on line - account is clear and a cheque is on its way. Looks like I have WON woohoo. Don't think I am going to press them for the CCI as they have paid this out so quick.

Thanks all of you for your support and help with this one wasn't entirely sure it would work out!

Woody

Hi Woody. . It is difficult to go to court on the CCI part of the claim alone. Hoiw short is the offer from your original claim?

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Hi Woodentop, you sound happy with your payout and that's the most important thing - you still have a nice amount to come by cheque. Same letter as I got, even though they paid out in full for my brother and hubby, all claims done by me, all done exactly the same, all comes down to how much purchase interest you have paid on your account. I reckon you have done well.:D

HI UK and Doo

Its about £3k short with just the 8% with CCI its over £6k - my worry is that I will lose everything if I reject this offer and carry on.

I have done well with this one and no longer have them on my back - just a bit hard when others have been paid out CCI at the outset.

Woody

I know exactly how you feel woodentop, as stated my O/Hs and brother got paid out in full CCI, mine got the same result as you, I had done all three claims and used same spready's, POC etc. I bet if you add up all your purchase interest you have paid on your account for this period it will be far less than the CCI you have claimed, had it been more you would have been paid out in full.

I originally sent my cheque back and began a fight, well over 2 months later I managed to get another £200 but it was hard work and very frustrating. If you decide not to accept you won't lose the money already offered - you will probably find they have already actioned the cheque anyway. Obviously if you are going to continue you need to keep your claim intact and so not accept partial payment which has been offered.

Hi Alleigh thank you for your best wishes - keep going it can be quite daunting at times and you don't know which way to turn but the help and advice on this site is second to none - keep the faith and you will get there in the end. I didn't think I had a cat in hells chance with this one but its turned out ok in the end.

Hi Doo thanks for the advice hun - it is less than the CI figure so will stop and accept whats on its way - an excellent result in any case. Roll on the postie arriving before me hols in a weeks time!!!

Suppose I should wait until I receive their defence from the Court which hopefully will turn up shortly but in any event will wait until the cheque clears before I discontinue. Donation will follow shortly.

Woody xxx

PS can someone change my title to WON please

Mine was a little different they were threatening to put a default on so I wrote to the person that sent the letter saying that I was in the process of requesting statements and she returned with a preliminary offer so didnt actually send a prelim letter went straight to Letter before Action from the S.A.R.but as I say I was in correspondence with them. The address I sent to is

Capital One Bank

PO Box 5283

Nottingham

NG2 3YG

This is the main address that most peeps have used. Have you got all your statements? Have you started your own thread - if not start one and then others and myself will be able to keep track of how you're doing.

Woody