Accepted 75% but now want more - stebiz

stebiz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received letter back 2nd June saying the normal - 'we have looked at account and we are not at fault............................'

If this goes to court we may need to close your account (or something similar) the wording has been printed on here many times before.

JUST ONE THING - 'MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED IN 2004'

Just awaiting response to court summons now. :smile:

Stebiz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received letter from the court saying that they wish to have a further 28 days to issue a defence. Served on the 19th June 2006. What am I likely to hear next?? Will they go the full 28 days and wait for a court date???

Regards

Stebiz

It's fairly standard stuff, just play the waiting game now...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Received a copy of Abbey's defence today from Andrew Horton, DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary Solicitors.

They intend to defend the claim.

I guess now it is just a case of waiting for allocation questionaiire???

Stebiz

Yes, the court will send one within a couple of days of receiving their defense.

I got one today :)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Received a copy of Abbey's defence today from Andrew Horton, DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary Solicitors.

They intend to defend the claim.

I guess now it is just a case of waiting for allocation questionaiire???

Stebiz

Hi Stebiz,

Just reading your post - I'm a couple of days ahead of you :D - got DLA's defence Wednesday and Acknowledgement of Service from the court yesterday.

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

The Consumer Action Group

Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

Letter received today from Piper Rudnick solictors (acting for Abbey) saying that they are in process of reviewing claim.

They note I have claimed ? along with ? as interest but have provided no details of how the sum has been calculated...........................this should have been supplied when you filed your claim.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Abbey who sent me the details originally (infact they actually sent 6 years of statements on 3 separate occasions). Does this not have all the information they require.

Should I email the solicitors???

Regards

Stebiz

We would advise sending a copy when starting action, if nothing more than to keep things ticking along nicely.

• 9 months later...

Okay I accepted 75% of my charges last July because I needed the cash urgently. I have other claims going through now and money isn't as tight.

I had to sign an agreement at the time saying it was in full and final. They also said they would not remove my default.

Question: Can I go back for the other 25% and the years previous to the 6 years??

Regards

Stebiz

Okay I accepted 75% of my charges last July because I needed the cash urgently. I have other claims going through now and money isn't as tight.

I had to sign an agreement at the time saying it was in full and final. They also said they would not remove my default.

Question: Can I go back for the other 25% and the years previous to the 6 years??

Regards

Stebiz

Sorry but I think you've answered your own question there. Full & Final, means you can't make the same claim again.

Sorry.

Matt

If you think my advice has helped, please tip the scales on the left. Thanks

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton.

Advice offered by MattyH is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt. Please research any information I have offered, as I will not be held liable for any incorrect advice i've given you.

<--------- If my advice has helped, please tip my scales. 8)

For Further advice come into the Chat Room: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

FAQ's : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Step By Step Instructions ; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Matt. To be honest mate it would be nice to get it but if not no big deal. It was nice at the time and there are already thousands in other accounts I am having written off.

However I have read on here that you can't sign away your 'rights' in common law. Also I would like the default lifted.

Regards

Stebiz

Guest littlesally

I am sure I have read somewhere on here that you can claim them back as the money is yours and the charges are unlawful. It's not like a compensation claim or something like that.

Can't find the thread concerned, but will keep looking for you.

If anyone else knows where any threads are about this, please post a link here.

Sally x

Hi LittleSally,

Yes I thought I'd seen something too but couldn't find it. It went along the lines 'you can't sign away your rights'. The reasoning behind is we all signed originally accepting we would be charged 'bank charges' and they are unlwaful. So the fact you signed accepting 75% should make no difference either.

Anyway worth a try. If you could find the link that would be great.

Regards

Stebiz

Guest littlesally

Okay, PM'ed Hagenuk (a font of knowledge!) and he gave me these.

Some of the posts are conflicting and I have not read most of them! But hopefully there will be something there to guide and help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/59643-accepted-gesture-goodwill.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/49963-just-quick-question.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/75380-been-stupid-anything-i.html

All the best with it. This seems to be happening quite a bit so if possible please keep your thread up to date as this will help others who come after.

Sally x

Thanks to Littlesal for these links

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/75380-been-stupid-anything-i.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/49963-just-quick-question.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/59643-accepted-gesture-goodwill.html

I am going to write to Abbey again saying that I now want the other 25% back. I also have some statements from some months previous to the six years that I left out of the last claim. As several of the posters above said - no consideration was actually made and it will only be a small claims only. I'll keep you all informed.

Stebiz

I won't be doing this until monday so if anybody else has any ideas please advise.

I seem to remember somewhere that even if you sign a full and final. if the charges are unlawfull then that agreement doesnt count.

you can not sign a way your lawfull rights.

give it a try..... they can only say no.....but they might say ok

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks