Please Post How Far Back You Have Managed To Obtain Statements

Guest bong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know I've PM'd you about this Crusher but I'm wondering what others might think about this - HSBC solicitor's sworn witness statement for my hearing stated that they don't hold the data going back further than 2001! :eek: :eek:

Looking forward to finding out what evidence you've got there Crush!

well, just had a PM from a very well known user, they have just been told on the phone in no uncertain terms that microfiche is held going back 5 years further than the usual 6 years... 11 years in total!

I have asked the users permission to give a name, I will do so if I get it.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they have been "ordered", and are going to be supplied.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

I'm having real problems getting statements off Lloyds/TSB- yes they were separate when I was banking there.

I've sent my SAR/CCA request- no response. So I've sent them a dpa non-comp letter.

So I rang up, to be told that they found my account (I have my sort codes and account numbers), but as they could not verify my identity, they could not transfer me to the department dealing with it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

maybe ask them if they could ask you a few questions about yourself to compare with their records - date of birth? address? or whatever else they might have on their system.

I've now found out the accounts were closed in 1997-8. As they both had large overdrafts, these have been written off. I don't think it is worth bothering them now- in case they chase me for the debts- and they won't have any info left- is this right?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I dont think they can chase you for debts from 97/98 because they will be statute barred (to play them at their own game!) unless they have tried to contact you within the last 6 years to obtain payment from you.

But if I start hassling them about bank charges, is that acknowledging the debt? I've sent them a SAR and now a dpa non-compliance letter.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

But if I start hassling them about bank charges, is that acknowledging the debt?

no it isn't acknowledging your debt, its only acknowledging theirs. the two aren't related, they lost their time to pursue you but through their concealment and/or your mistake, you have reason to pursue them beyond the statutory limitation period.

Ok, I'll see what happens- I'm waiting to see their response to my dpa non-compliance letter.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Northern Rock provided me with details of all charges back to March 1995 (account opened thereabouts), after initially only providing 6 years and telling me vairous [edit] relating to how they didn't have to provide them, I couldn't claim back further, etc, etc.

Barclays have said they only keep information for 12 years and that they couldn't find anything relating to my previous account which would have been closed sometime pre-'95, having been opened about 1987, I would think.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

the latest summary

Abbey - 1926 -80 odd years!

A&L -

Barclays - 12 years

Barclaycard -

Co-op -

Co-op credit card (per Glenn's thread) - 1997 - 10 years

HBOS:

Bank of Scotland - 10 years

Halifax - 1991 - 16 years

HSBC -

Lloyds TSB -

NatWest - 1992 - 15 years

Nationwide -

Northern Rock - 1995 - 12 years

RBS - 15 years

Yorkshire - 7 years (possibly 10)

Anyway, emmaf, if you start compounding any charges on those accounts you'd possibly clear the debt AND come out in front (my first is £45 from Sept '95 which attracts £676 interest when compounded just annually at their(RBS) rates; I'll bet Lloyds or TSB were no cheaper!)

the latest summary

Abbey - 1926 -80 odd years!

A&L -

Barclays - 12 years

Barclaycard -

Co-op -

Co-op credit card (per Glenn's thread) - 1997 - 10 years

HBOS:

Bank of Scotland - 10 years

Halifax - 1991 - 16 years

HSBC -

Lloyds TSB -

NatWest - 1992 - 15 years

Nationwide -

Northern Rock - 1995 - 12 years

RBS - 15 years

Yorkshire - 7 years (possibly 10)

Thanks for this summary - great help.

Just to let you know, Nationwide have given us since 2002 - but I am pressing them for longer.....

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Anyway, emmaf, if you start compounding any charges on those accounts you'd possibly clear the debt AND come out in front (my first is £45 from Sept '95 which attracts £676 interest when compounded just annually at their(RBS) rates; I'll bet Lloyds or TSB were no cheaper!)

Kenny, can you talk me through what u mean but compounding? By PM iff poss, saves hijacking this thread!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

If they had let me know at any point since 1997 that the accounts had been written off, I wouldn't mind!

It goes against the grain not to go in for the kill. I think I'll wait for a response, or if someone can tell us how long they keep their records for?;)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Yeah- OUR money!!;)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

the compund interest I'm claiming on stuff 6 years old looks very close to being unreasonable to me, as it's it's a hell of a lot more money that the core charges

does anyone think a court would back compound interest on charge made twelve or more years ago?

the compund interest I'm claiming on stuff 6 years old looks very close to being unreasonable to me, as it's it's a hell of a lot more money that the core charges

does anyone think a court would back compound interest on charge made twelve or more years ago?

Has not been tested yet in court, however if your case scares the sh@t out of the banks and does not give them wriggle room then theres a good possibility it may be settled prior to court hearing, however you must fully understand the arguements first.

Tanz