can someone tell me how to get a copy of the template ltr?

bisi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to the forum but feel that like you i have been charged excessively for something that was not my fault.

I have a cashcard account with Natwest and was never aware of there being an overdraft on there - I certainly never agreed to it. I was charged for going over my supposed 'o/d' by about two or three pounds! My charges are now in excess of £170. Firstly I wasn't aware of the charges because my bank statements (after trying to change my address three times) were being sent to the wrong address and I never used the internet banking (that is until now!).

I would like to wirte them an initial letter (have written to them before but they were blaming me- the cheek!) and put the wind through their sails. So would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction so that i can send them a letter sharpish!

Thanks.

Read the FAQs and look in the Library. Both are very helpful and will guide you in your claim all the way

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I am in the same situation as you give or take a few variables.

here is the link for the first letter you send off.

http://idigital.vm.bytemark.co.uk/bag/forum/viewtopic.php?t=725

to work out the interest of the charges...

go into this spreadsheet, and type in what the charge is,,,

http://idigital.vm.bytemark.co.uk/bag/resources/BankCharges.xls

EG

In respect of - OD Charge

The amount - £28

and the date it was taken out - 01/01/2006

Firstly I wasn't aware of the charges because my bank statements (after trying to change my address three times) were being sent to the wrong address and I never used the internet banking (that is until now!).

Hi Bisi,

I find it interesting you had trouble with changing your address. I have a joint account with an ex-boyfriend as Natwest won't take his name off it yet. When he moved, and this has happened twice, he gave them his sole account number to change the address, but Natwest also decided to change the address for the joint account. It takes months and repeated visits, along with no one really knowing what they were doing, to get the address corrected. That was with both of us requesting they do so! How can they advise of charges in advance as they are supposed to if you never get a statement!! :roll:

Cheers,

GrecianGirl

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks