Scottish Power - Previous bills incorrect?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

How easy is it to get previous bills out of Scottish Power? We've been with them for 5 years, and I need to check whether they've been charging us imperial for our gas (we have a metric meter - I checked Google!).

We got a bill this morning from them, and it shows we've used 305 units of gas over the last 3 months but the kwh is 9661. Having done the calculations, it looks like they've applied the imperial calculation, too (x 2.83).

I've never really took any notice of this before, and just assumed the bills were correct, but now I'm thinking they may all have been wrong. So I need all the old bills, and I can't access them online, only the newest one (irony is, I shredded all the old bills last week, thinking I didn't need them anymore...doh!!).

Thanks

Metric meter on dial shows M cube. Imperial meter shows Ft cube on the dial as guide use times 10.9 times the unit for metric meter, and the unit times 31 for imperial foot cube meter. ie 305 units times 31giving 9455 K watts

or 305x 10.9= 3,324 K watts This figure[3324] seems very low for this time of year Your 9661 K watts seems about right if your gas is used for central heating which is turned off for approx 4 to 5 months in the summer. Your figure of 9661 K watts would indicate a direct debit of £54 monthly assuming you have gas central heating