a bit confused...

graceful_willow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was being sarcastic here, by the way. i am sticking to my schedule.

steph, heard anything yet? just checking.

Never did recieve that full response so now have filed a claim, which they are defending i am waiting now for them to do so, then i can start to politely nudge!

i have just seen on another thread that someone who sent in their summary on the exact same date as myself has rec,d an offer. Didn,t send me one of them either:-| .

Steph

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cm, i used the advaced spreadsheets.

i did ask for interest, but without the 8%. was that correct?

gw

GW, following reading a thread on CAG today, its seems at this point that they are advising claiming statute interest only as somebody had a CI claim & appeal rejected. So all what i said yesterday is a waste unless you really want to learn a lot more to argue for it, for me i think i will revise position until they (CAG) can amend how to claim CI.

You could still try to argue for CI and use it to help get a better offer out of the bank, have a read of this thread and make your own mind up.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/97691-contractual-interest-precedent-lost.html

Good luck

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Never did recieve that full response so now have filed a claim, which they are defending i am waiting now for them to do so, then i can start to politely nudge!

i have just seen on another thread that someone who sent in their summary on the exact same date as myself has rec,d an offer. Didn,t send me one of them either:-| .

Steph

goodluck! i'm just going to file mine. i kinda got lost in track, because of work and family matters. i hope me being a bit late with my schedule will not have a negative effect on reclaim process...

gw

thanks lattie, that's a very useful thread.

honestly, i'm too confused (no longer "a bit"... :o) i want to get this right, and being too cautious makes me nervous. did you had that feeling that you dont trust yourself, paranoid that you'll make a mistake? probably not.

i better calm myself down before starting anything... i need a shot!

gw

i'll send you my poc's to take a look at and use as a second example - there's another example in the library.

this is a very useful thread:Getting MCOL Right

hello lattie,

if you haven't change your mind about this, can i still use your poc as a second example, please, if you dont mind?

please delete any info that you dont want to disclose.

cheers!

gw

thanks a lot lattie!

i've just done my spreadsheet with 8%, but i think it's wrong. the total penalty charge is £2040.00, and on the 8% column, it totals £17,554.01!!! surely, that cant be right? (but i would like it to be...:D ) what do you think i've done wrong? is it the spreadsheet or me?

HELP!

gw

think it must be you - i suspect the interest will be about 250-300.

so, just try again - check the reference points - dates, amount of interest, just check it all again - start over - don't know enough to guess at what you did wrong - s/s not my forte - but you'll get it - just try again and look for anything obvious. i'm wondering if it is 175.54? just try again unless some techie can tell you what you did.

thanks a lot lattie!

i've just done my spreadsheet with 8%, but i think it's wrong. the total penalty charge is £2040.00, and on the 8% column, it totals £17,554.01!!! surely, that cant be right? (but i would like it to be...:D ) what do you think i've done wrong? is it the spreadsheet or me?

HELP!

gw

is it the standard spreadsheet from here or have you created your own? you say the total is £17k, what does the interest look like for each charge? are they all way to high too? if not does 1 stand out? have you added too many zeros to one of your charges? what's the total for them on the spreadsheet?

now there's a lot of questions. :D

Hi, when I did mine I put the date format in incorrectly and when deleting it it came up with a similar ridiculous figure. Just a guess is the date format the same as todays date at the top of the spreadsheet??

is it the standard spreadsheet from here or have you created your own? you say the total is £17k, what does the interest look like for each charge? are they all way to high too? if not does 1 stand out? have you added too many zeros to one of your charges? what's the total for them on the spreadsheet?

now there's a lot of questions. :D

yep harejon, the spreadsheet's from here, i used the advance one, and no kidding, the total say £17k.

i'll give you a sample: a charge of £20.00 got an interest of £172.10, a charge of £60.00 - £516.30, a charge of £90 - £774.44 EACH ???

HELP!

gw

Hi, when I did mine I put the date format in incorrectly and when deleting it it came up with a similar ridiculous figure. Just a guess is the date format the same as todays date at the top of the spreadsheet??

yes IzzyK, it's todays date.

are your dates for the charges in the same format ie 22/04/05 etc down the spreadsheet? if so sorry can't think of anything else.:confused:

same format, oldest date at the top, ie 09.07.03, 11.08.03, 09.09.03 etc...

dont really know what i've done wrong... :(

gw

yep harejon, the spreadsheet's from here, i used the advance one, and no kidding, the total say £17k.

i'll give you a sample: a charge of £20.00 got an interest of £172.10, a charge of £60.00 - £516.30, a charge of £90 - £774.44 EACH ???

HELP!

gw

is the advance one for contractual interest? what was the date of the sample you gave above? also, a long shot but you pc is set to todays date isn't it? it's not set to the year 2100 or anything daft? :D

my spreadsheets are on a memory stick at work, I'll have a fiddle tomorrow and see if I can recreate your figures.

if I put a charge in for £20 and not date, I get interest at £172.74 so the spreadsheet is ignoring your dates.

Assuming you are using Excel, if you select one of the dates you've entered, right click it and select 'Format cells...', on the number tab you can select what kind of data you want in the cell. If you select 'Date' does it fix your problem? if not try re-entering a date, for 21st March 2007 enter 21/3/7 with the slashes going in that direction.

hope that helps :)