I won!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That was weird - how come my last post which should have been after spice's ended up as post #1?!!

edit: and this is #2??? weirder...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

That was weird - how come my last post which should have been after spice's ended up as post #1?!!

edit: and this is #2??? weirder...

Question to be asked then... Will this become #3 ?

[Edit: It did... How odd !]

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

Question to be asked then... Will this become #3 ?

[Edit: It did... How odd !]

O:oh my stars - it's not my brain then lol!!:o :D

O:oh my stars - it's not my brain then lol!!:o :D

:eek: :eek: It seems it's not just this thread either... Just happened when I posted elsewhere... :rolleyes:

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

:eek: :eek: It seems it's not just this thread either... Just happened when I posted elsewhere... :rolleyes:
I will pm one of the admins....

I will pm one of the admins....

That will save me the trouble !

Think the site might be going into meltdown ! There are record numbers of users online at the moment !

PS. Apologies to cariadai for highjacking his/her thread !

Hello everyone

I just wanted to let you know about my claim, which has been successful, so everyone else claiming from HSBC can take heart. I was claiming £1441.50, and wrote the first claim letter three weeks ago. That letter was ignored, so I wrote the second last week. Today I had a reply, stating that they felt the charges were fair, and that if it went to court they would win, but that because of management time and legal costs, they were willing to offer me £1305.00.

I'm perfectly happy to accept that - its 90% of my claim, and thats ok. I wanted the money for a specific purpose (to pay off my credit card debt) and its enough for that.

I just wanted to let everyone claiming from HSBC know, so they feel more positive about their claim. I read that HSBC was one of the harder banks to claim from, but its been pretty easy for me.

Good luck everyone!

Troodle

well done!

bet it feels good!

any mention from them about how you conduct your account in the future?

Sky

BOS - Prelim letter del 19/5/06 LBA del. no response - filed 12/06

Clydesdale Financial Services - Gave them their chances off to court we go!

HSBC - Watch out I'm coming after you next!

If you like anything I say click the scales!

Congrats... :lol:

Make sure you complete the survey... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

(and a donation wouldn't go amiss !;-) )

Well done :)

I also got over 90% of my charges back after 2 letters, plus my pending charges were also removed (I insisted on this as part of the settlement)

Bank said nothing about how to conduct my account, and haven't reduced or called in my overdraft. They didn't ask to keep it confidential, nor ask for anything at all. They wouldn't have got it anyway :D

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

Great result - well done.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

CONGRATULATIONS

Dont forget to fill out the survey (and donations gratefully received of course!!)

Posts may be out of turn here due to the clock problems the other day. I think this is starting to resolve itself now....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks