Hsbc

chipper99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Pete.

Basically I dont need the money in a hurry. But even though I am tempted to accept, I would like the whole amount of the charges returned plus my court costs. So do I return the form "not-accepted" with a letter or do I call them in Leeds, one Mark Loker, and ask them to improve their offer or send a letter on a similar note or just take it on to court? Any advice welcome.

Chipper.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a common ploy - there is no way they don't already know that you have filed - it's meant to pull at just those emotions - should i, maybe i won't get any more, what should i do......

use the rejection letter that says - hey, too late - i've already filed my claim in court and now will accept xxxxx.xx

well, it doesn't say it quite that way - but that's the idea -

no one said it would be quick - but lots would take that - bird in the hand better than two in the bush thinking - i'd say go for the whole enchelada!

Rejecting Offers might have to tweak one to make it just right!

Hi all.

I have received a letter from HSBC regarding my claim for £2625, saying that all the charges they made were legit fees as set out in theier price list. They go on to offer me a settlement sum of £2004.30 with no admission of liability. Any advice????

My gut instinct is to refuse it as the amount of the charges alone are £2227.00 and then there is the £120.00 I paid for the court claim. They have therefore offered me less than the charges they took from me. No mention of how they arrived at this figure or why there charges ranged from £25 to £125 each time. So what do you all think.

Chipper.

Seems its back to the 85% of claim ploy to me lol oh and plus the £120 mcol fee

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hi everyone.

HSBC's 28 days were up today and I called the court to see what was happening. They have filed a defence against the claim and it has been posted out to me today along with AQ. I must admit I was slightly suprised in light of recent correspondence. Any advice?

Also can anyone recommend where to go if / when I need to open a new account. If this goes all the way there is no way Im staying with HSBC. Many thanks for your continued help.

Chipper

Hello again. I received the AQ in the post today. Just a quick one: do i ask for a month stay to attempt to settle? And are there any witnesses or experts I could use? I cant think of any so this may seem a daft question.

Cheers, Chipper.

Hi Chipper

I would not ask for a months stay..........let them attempt to settle now. You have copies of the letter you have sent as evidence that you have attempted to settle this matter. In my AQ I put myself as witness as advised in the AQ thread in templates. Hope this helps

JB

here's how to fill it out:

aq info:

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

this is your step by step completion guide -and here is:New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

and here is how to use it:

for section g of the n149 (section h on the n150), use the wording in blue on post #3 of new strategy link, and then attach draft order for directions - use wording on post #2 of new strategy link(the bit in blue) making sure to add your name and court claim number to all pages. simple as that. just follow the steps with these two minor additions. the draft order is just asking the judge to order both parties to lay out their wares within 14 days of him ordering it - so it shortens the length of the time to a court date - and as dg/hsbc/all banks don't want to do it - they will pay up by offer or just not file their aq in which case you also win.

on, the other front - of this two pronged thing - have you sent dg a breakdown of your charges - it is advisable to do that, as they always ask for one before they offer anything - so it saves a couple of days.

and unless your claim is for under 1500 and wouldn't incur the filing fee of 100, i suggest leaving it until the aq is nearly due before filing it - as dg have been coming in with offers just before the due date in several cases.

Thanks for all that folks. I intend to send DG a letter, in the post tomorrow, as a gentle nudge, raising the point of their clients having to pay a further £100 should the AQ be submitted. Would it be of any help to anyone if I put a copy of HSBC's laughable defence on here? I got a copy today with AQ.

Cheers.

something like this?

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

Re: XXXXX - v - HSBC

account no,

claim no and filing date.

It has come to my attention that as of xx/xx/07, (latest date you've talked to the court) you have now filed a defence in this case. I have been sent an Allocation Questionaire to return to the court. I would remind you that should I be forced to file the Allocation Questionaire, I would then require the addition of that fee to my claim.

I am mindful of the vast number of claims with which you are currently dealing. In order to more speedily resolve this matter, I am willing to accept the sum of £xxxx. (rounded down to nearest pound). I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

I hope to hear from you very soon so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved. I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their intervention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

• Haha 1

Hi all.

I sent a nudge letter on 7th June to DG advising re. AQ. No word yet and AQ is due on the 21st June. I intend to take it in on 20th. Do you think I should send another letter or wait until after I submit the AQ? Any thoughts appreciated.

Chipper

Hi Chip

I took mine in last Friday. Rang Court yesterday and they have still not filed theirs ! P'eed me off a bit but never mind fingers crossed I have a result by the time I get back from Corfu. Fly out at 07.00am tomoz. Hope it goes ok for you.

Chris:p