Nick V Nationwide

busa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like many people, i have now sent my first letter requesting my statements.

Many thanks to this top forum for making fight for my right.....!!!!

Watch this space...:eek:

Hi Busa.

Good for you. They will try to delay your claim in any way they can.

Stick to your own timetable and don't let them impose theirs on you.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi rooster...

i do have one question....? i'm ready for them to close my account but i also have a morgage account with nationwide too.....any idea if they will or can close that too??

regards

Nick (busa)

Hi rooster...

i do have one question....? i'm ready for them to close my account but i also have a morgage account with nationwide too.....any idea if they will or can close that too??

regards

Nick (busa)

A loan account, inc a credit card, cannot usually be closed unless you are in default.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.....

well....sent my first letter along with a cheque for £10 to obtain my statements 40 day ago today.....! and i've had no reply....yet?

i checked my online statment and saw they had cashed the £10 cheque on the 10th march......

now being that it's the easter weekend i was going to wait till tuesday to see if the statements turn up? if they dont is there any point in calling them or do i send a letter again?

not sure what to do now as i've not been able to find a thread the deals with this?

regards

Hi Busa

Nationwide were very quick with me. I think that like most banks they are snowed under so you might want to give them a few more days. if no joy still then yes, i'd give them a call before you do anything else.

Paul

right.....sorry for being soft......!!but i left sending the snotty letter about not getting my statements back till tuesday....gave the post office a chance to deliver......!! and today we got a large packet special delivery....! they must of got the letter from me wednesday and crapped themselves.....hahaha...n ot and sent the statments that day.

So....a quick rough tally up and we have been charged around £2000 in the last 6 years.......!!

right....first questions: do i claim back for an unauthorised overdraft fee at £10 a time? and does anyone have a easy way of calculating all my charges and do i add intrest? i know there is somthing in the forum about this but it seemed a bit confusing......maybe i shoul try reading it again.....

anyway i'm glad the ball has finally started rolling.......rolleyes.gif

Hey.....

well, sent my demand for my money back together with the list of charges yesterday......so who knows, could have my money back in 14 days....!! yeah right........

well......6 days later and got the standard letter back....we'er not giving you your money back.....blah blah blah.....we've not done anything wrong.....yada yada yada......here's a leaflet on how to complain.......oh yeah...and in the letter it said Quote....."thank you for letting us have the opertunity to explain how we come to the amount of the charges......." then they dont even bother.....and they also said that they will not refund my money as it would be "unfair" to other customers that find themselves in similar situations........

the saga continues........................................

Fogot to ask........

even though i have had a reply today.....do i still wait the 14 days or do i send the LBA now?

fanks

Nick:confused:

Hello busa!

If U gave them 14 days...wait 14 days!!!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Right.......the 14 days is up tomorrow......! time to send them a LBA.....methinks.....:eek:

since my first letter guess wot.......they have bounced another DD....so i'm going to add that to bill aswell.......

• 2 weeks later...

right.....LBA expires wed 16th......

should i start the court thing rolling now or wait till then?

answers on a postcard......!!!!:)

Best wait till then Busa, if it's up on the 16th, wait till then. If it does get to court (which it won't) you want it to look like you've given every reasonable chance for them to comply and resolve the situation.

If you go early it could be argued you're being unreasonable (even though we know you're not) and the bank could move for the case to be struck out (worse case scenario obviously!)

The Squall

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth I, while living, have conqured the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Who Watches The Watchers?

yeah ya right.....

i need a few days to get my head round the whole court thing anyway.... any idea weather filing a claim at my local court is the best route?

thanks for that....... i think after reading all this i'll go the local court route. it's quite handy really as it's only across the road from me......!

you never know though.... i could get a letter soon saying "yes we've been stupid, here's all your money back.....sorry about that...." ....yeah right......i won't hold my breath......!!

Hi busa!

#23 of the following Thread also contains useful links re: N1 Form Vs MCOL...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/84346-dickie-nationwide-2.html

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

ok....so nationwide have not repled to my LBA and its now time to file my cliam at court......but.....i dint understand this bit...? is this not the 8% i need to add......but whats the daily rate....is it 8%.....or somthing else....or am i being dense.....? as further down on the template stuff it says the 8% is per year???? confused.......please help

fanks

:)

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

Hello busa!

If U are Claiming the s69 STATUTORY INTEREST @ 8%p.a.

The 'Daily Rate' is explained via this link:

How to make a claim

Try entering your details into the user-friendly spreadsheet (...v1.9 courtesy of Mindzai) which can be downloaded from the following Thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

...Just remember to use/read/copy/print the 8% Sheet, NOT the C.I. one.

This too, will state the 'Daily Rate' in ££'s and pence.

(Jules Winnfield)

thanks again.....

i'm planning to pop over to the court after work tomorrow to file my claim.

i'm not claiming the overdraft interest so i have deleated it from the form and i think i've got the s96 stuff right.......waddya think?

my claim is as follows

charges £2,107.00

overdraft interest (not claiming this)

s69 intrest £532.59

court fee £120

i think i got this bit right?

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £0.46p per day (£2,107.00x 0.00022 = pence per day) OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

the bit in the particulars of claim read as;

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) The return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £2,107.00 (this is where i deleated the bit about interest claim)

b) Court costs;

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from 03/07/2001 to 18/05/2007 of £532.59 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.46

any thoughts?

cheers

Nick (busa)

Hi busa!

I can't comment on whether or not your figures are ABSOLUTELY correct as I don't know the exact dates/sums that were debited from your Flexaccount.

However...

The Daily Rate @ £0.46 based on £2,107 is correct.

...and after doing a failsafe entry on the spreadsheet, of the whole £2,107 debited exactly 6yrs ago, the figure U have for the Interest Claimed is certainly below that sum, so your figures seem feasible.

Don't forget to include a detailed list of Charges/Amounts/Dates Debited etc etc when U submit your Claim....:)

(Jules Winnfield)

ok....well been to the court last friday, asked the helpfull lady at the counter if i had compleated the form right......yep...that's ok then!!!

so hopfully i'll be getting a letter back from them and then just sit back a wait......oooooerrrrrrrrrr!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

got a letter back from the court......

quote:

your claim was issued on 18th May 2007.

the court sent it to the defendent by first class post on the 24th May 2007

it will be deemed to be served on 28th May 2007

the defendent has until 11th June to reply.

so....just a bit more waiting...?

now what?.......answers on a postcard...!

got a letter back from the court......

quote:

your claim was issued on 18th May 2007.

the court sent it to the defendent by first class post on the 24th May 2007

it will be deemed to be served on 28th May 2007

the defendent has until 11th June to reply.

so....just a bit more waiting...?

now what?.......answers on a postcard...!

It was deemed served 28may so they have 14 straight days from then to respond (if the 14th day lands on a weekend it extends to the next working day).

If they acknowledge within 14 days they then have 28 straight days (again next working day if at a weekend) from 28 may to file a defence.

You should now send a schedule of charges to the court, and when they acknowledge the solicitor for Nwide. all the info can be found in the libaray.

good luck