JW 'v' HSBC ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is one copy to court and one copy to bank or 2 copies to court and 1 copy to bank. Sorry to sound a bit thick. :o

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

How come the embarrased smiley comes out as surprised smiley??:confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Letter to Court now sent (I decided to send 3 copies just in case). How long does it usually take for a reply? :confused:

they've got 28 days to defend from the date it was deemed served. you'll see the date on the notice of issue that you received before. they'll probably defend on the 28th day at the last possible minute - seems to be automated lol. just sit back and read up on the allocation questionnaire information now, which is the next step.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Thanks netty. spent most of last night reading your huuuuuuuuge thread. It was very entertaining and I thought the part about making an advert similar to the Halifax's one would be very interesting. I am currently fighting against Halifax and MBNA aswell but both of these are in the prelim stage. Halifax is currently "investigating my complaint" and MBNA is ignoring my SAR. :)

I haven'r got that far yet. Sound fantastic :D . don;t forget to send some down outh so that I can put them up in the many branches I have around here. lol lol.

My MCOL has been issued. :eek: . Feeling quite scared now.

AGHHHHHHHHHHH. Received another letter from the wonderful Mr Langdale appologising for not reply to my letter dated 6th Feb and that he will reply by 9th April. I am worrying that he didn't receive my LBA. I have already done the MCOL. Should I give them a ring tomorrow to see if they had received by LBA???:confused:

As you have already done your MCOL I would worry about the LBA it is history now. Colin appears to have no record of the communications anyone has with him in fact I think he may be a computer system!!! :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Thanks givememymoney. What will happen if they just turn around and say they never received my LBA. Will it cock up my MCOL?

No it won't because you can prove you sent you prelim which they responded too in there you mention you will take action within 14 days. You have filed your MCOL another 14 days from that date. You will be able to produce a copy of your LBA. So there is enough evidence that you sent it. That aside the business end is really the court action and there would be nothing to stop you starting there if you wanted too. The directions on this site are to do the two letters before court action in order to demonstrate that you acted reasonably and fairly (and also in the hope that they will settle before court action is started) so not to worry.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Thanks again givememymoney. Thats a relief. :) . Thanks again

Thanks Nettyg. I will stick to the timetable.

I'VE HAD AN OFFER!!!! :eek: But the only problem is that they are still refering to my prelim letter. Since the prelim letter they deducted a further £150.00 from my account which I explained to them in my LBA letter. I have already done the MCOL at a cost of £120.00. In my prelim letter I was claiming £3395.50, but in my LBA letter I was claiming £3545.50. They have offered £3120.00 in full and final settlement. What do I do???? Do I go after the full amount shown on my MCOL of £4201.10 which includes the 8% interest plus court costs??? Will the bank increase their offer. Can I accept this offer as a partial settlement figure and go after the rest????

Netty. If you are there, please heeeeeeeeeelp.

it would all depend on how dependent you are on the dosh jw. you could accept as part settlement only as you have filed your claim in court and will recover the rest - up to you really jw (i'd be inclined to go for the lot)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Thanks for the reply Netty. Do you think that I would get the rest if I took it further and do you know if there is a template letter for accepting part settlement?

If you added the £150.00 before you filed your claim it will just be added to what they have already offered and the court costs of £120.00 are an automatic addition to your claim and the interest will be added also.

You have paid the £120.00 you might as well finish the ride, you have nothing to loose by allowing the legal process to continue.

pete