Electric Lemon V Barclays - £5000!!!!

electric lemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Keep your chin up Lemon keep us all informed of how beastly they are being. A trouble shared is a trouble halved

You will get a call from collections once they receive your letter.

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi EL

You're account posted yesterday reminded me of the sort of obstinent conversations I have with my 18yr old daughter - no matter how reasonable you are or how often you point out that you know they're not being straight with you, its like water off a ducks back to them... I wonder if the bank has begun recruiting rebellious teenagers to man their front line phones?

I still haven't had my statements and though this doesn't worry me, it's frustrating to have to wait for my money to be lawfully returned to me. Bit like having to wait for a burgalar to come back off a holiday paid for with my money.

I need coffee :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi EL

Just an aside.....

If this is the kind of telephone calls you are getting I think you should invest in a recording device. You don't have to tell the person on the other end of the line that you are recording them. This way, you can transcribe the 'evidence' yourself and you should be able to show the calls to a judge if needed.

Maybe someone more informed here can back this up??

EL:

Why do you even talk to them?

Say (calmly and politely): Sorry, I am not prepared to discuss the matter while it is undergoing legal process, if you have anything to say, please put it in writing. I am terminating this call now. Have a nice day.

Put phone down. Go and make yourself a nice cup of tea, smirking whilst imagining HIS face puce with fury for having been put back in his place.

Once you've had your cuppa, send this letter:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

tweaked to your circumstances.

Have another cuppa. :-D

Thanks for that link Bookworm, I have saved the "harassment by letter" template in Word format on my C Drive. Never know when such letters will come in handy!

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi y'all,

Just thought I would touch base.

No new developments from the bank - I havent received a reply to my last letter re overdraught yet, and am not expecting a very nice one.

There was, as was to be expected, no call from any manager within 48 hours as promised. Hinestly, my toddlers show more maturity & respect than them, & they are positively Neanderthal at times, tee! Hee!

Husband sent off our LBA today re : joint account - hurray, cant wait to file online - it cant come soon enough! (different thread).

I am due to send my LBA tomorrow re my £5000 WHOPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(£6800 with interest)

Again cant wait to file online for this one which I shall be doing exactly 7 days tomorrow, as I just KNOW that no offer will be forthcoming from Barclays.

What planks they all are as this costs them so much more in the long run - aaaaah well MY GAIN.... another £1800 - Luvverly!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Best,

Electric:D

Good Luck Electric.. I am sure you will get there, the banks do like to drag it out! Still, more time for you to decide what to spend your money on!!

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Just to advise,

After a short delay , finally my LBA has gone off to Barclays - HURRAY!!!!!

Im also feeling relieved as husband & I sent off our LBA for our joint account Tuesday & low & behold another offer dropped on our doorstep today offering us £2700!! The total amount is £3600 without interest (with interest its about £4400!), so watch this space as letter of rejection going out pronto! Incidentally the letter was dated same day as our LBA so they crossed in the post!!

I know, I know this is another thread however I felt so excited I just had to post & let you guys know about this one!!

It means things are coming together & that feels reeeeeeal good!

Best,

Electric:D

Hey Thailand,

Thanks so much for your post!!

Oh my goodness - Im so impressed with that artwork!! I had no idea that there was any other electric lemon??!! I shall go and have a good look - thanks for that!

What a dude you are!

Cheers:D

Well, here is the latest update!

Barclays had 1 week from the LBA - which runs out today baby!!

Filing MCOL tonight!!!!!!! - things are moving & it feels GOOOOOOOOOOD!!

Since I sent off the letter as recommended by Delboy and adapted to my needs, I have heard nothing from them??????? (remember, they were hounding me for being over my o/d but it was their charges that made me go slightly over!)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, makes me wonder?? They've undoubtedly got something up their crafty little sleeve I dont doubt, however it is strange as the letter went off on the 14th, over 2 weeks ago now., & I havnt even had an acknowledgement???

Anyway - am looking forward for the rest of the battle now as all the scarey legalities starts here!!! (knees knocking!!).

Best to you all,

EL:D

WOW Michael! Thanks sooooooooooooooomuch.

You're a real class dude.

I'm off to have a good read, but before I do is there really a huge difference in the N1 at local courts & on line mcol? (I dont want to give the bank ANY leeway to knobble me or get out of paying at all!)

Personally I think that the N1 POC's are the minimum required and MCOL because of the space restrictions are barely adequate + the difficulty of not being able to file the schedule of charges at the same time.

Having said that, thousands of people have used MCOL successfully and the convenience of filing and being able to track progress on-line is certainly the major factor why it's a popular route

• 2 weeks later...

Michael my apologies for not getting back to you sooner to express my thanks for your last post & support.

I havent had too much to report as I havnt heard anything from Barclays since my last message.i.e. no nasty phone call again about going slightly over my o/d due to their idiotic charges.

I have had a standard letter saying there will be another £65 charge but no nasty letter demanding payment. I guess the last letter did the trick!

I wasnt able to file online Again due to lack of funds, however I am without fail going to file on the 25th when I get paid. There have just been way too many expenses this month for me to go ahead.

Will keep everyone posted.

Hey, that barrister chap is in court today challenging his bank - GULP!!

Hey Thailand,

How you doin???

Great to hear from you!

Ermmmm. not to sure about this one??

How do I change it if they already have the original charge sheet??

Can I just change the spreadsheet/list of charges & send them a new one then??

Many thanks:D

lemon,

unless i have read your post wrong, i take it as you havent filed with N1 or MCOL.

If so, add them into your claim and ammend your SOC's to incorporate them.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Electric,

I'm doing great - thanks for asking hun.

I've just heard an alarm go off in my head though - this is the big claim, so if memory serves any additional charges may take you over the 5K threshold, in which case they might want to wait until round 2.

I don't remember evrything posted before so I may have put my foot in it and confused you by saying add more to your total if you have them.

Please confirm!!

Oh my gosh Thailand....you are absoloutely right!!!!

The amount of the claim over 6 years comes to £4935.50 without interest! - Eeeeek!!:eek:

Additional charges from hereon will of course take me over that 5k threshold, but as I have already filed for under this at the time where does that leave me...and them???

What do you mean by round 2???? (getting nervous now!!)

I could always just leave it, as with interest my claim comes to £6,800 which I am more than happy with. However it is mightily annoying that by the time it goes to court, which inevitably it will, they will have added probably an estimated additional £300!!!!

What a flamin cheek!!!!

Where do I stand bud?:D

Where does that leave me??? Any suggestions there dude?

hi leccy,

you have claimed for 6yrs? you are prob now aware that you can claim back further.

If you havent filed, you could change your dates to reduce the amount and then refile a claim no2 going back further up to the date you have took off this claim.....that is of course assuming the claim no2 wont be as much LOL

have I lost you?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

As you have already filed IMHO you can't add anymore anyway. By referring to round 2, I mean when you get all your charges back you'd possibly want to start again and claim for any other outstanding amounts - many posters here go for new charges to be refunded after they settle ( the cheek of banks to think they can continue to spank us after/whilst we are suing them).

Carry on as normal EL - you've got this just right hun.

Of course, I look forward to hearing about 'round 2' LOL - when you get this claim sorted:D

Yorkshire Bank are about to get that very treatment shortly:lol:

Just to be clear - any amount you've claimed for up until filing shouldn't be altered (it can be , but a pain in the bum and at your cost) and also in your case it would take you over the threshold anyway.

So when you've got your cheque from a desperate to pay Barclays, tot up all charges since filing and whack in another prelim - keep your statements from now on!!.

Its just taking back what they have unlawfully taken from you....eh?:)

Aaaah now I see!

Thats great Thailand, thanks for the advice.

I am definately going to leave things as they are, & will now do exactly as you have suggested.

It will be a relief to do a follow-up small claim quite frankly!

It might even encourage them to give me back them there smaller charges without threatening court or having to go to court - I can but hold out a glimmer of hope!!

Please just remind me of your claim with Woolwich. How much was it & when did they settle? Presuming they went all the way until just before court?!

P.S. I went to Thailand for my honeymoon & loooooved it! Desperate to go back:D

I LOVE THAILAND!!!!!!! Big up to you for loving it LOL!

My Woolwich claim was for £237 and all the trimmings, not a big one!

They settled the week I got my court date(over 4 months earlier than court date). Read 'Welshman V Barclays' for the info if I haven't mentioned it already.

BTW - I can see what dar3n is thinking, but If the 6 year thing can be challenged under s.32 *I think* through concealment you could maybe go back later and claim this as the ball is in motion with this claim.

Can you confirm you have filed? (I have my reasons for being confused)

JMHO