Electric Lemon V Barclays - £5000!!!!

electric lemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dar,

Hey, I just love the 'Leccy'!! Brilliant!

OMG - No I had no idea that we can now claim further back than 6 years!!!

Thats veeeeery relevant to me as I can remember giving an estate agent a post dated cheque for a property in March 2000 for 1st April, and they "made a mistake" & cashed it.

It was for £550 & all the 15 cheques that I wrote for other things that month were paid but I got charged horrifically:mad: !! And, then consequently that set me up to be almost constantly in the red for best part of 6 months with even more charges whilst trying to claw my way back into the black.

It was an absoloutely horrid time financially, as then the people who I rented my house out to decided to stop paying the rent for 4 months until they Bu**ered off. OMG the memories bring me out into a sweat just reliving it!!

Financially the year 2000 was one of the worst Ive ever had!:(

Should have sued the estate agents.

Whats the score on the time scale then - I'm all open ears now!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No,Thailand I havnt filed!

Think that might be good news? is it?

The reason I havnt filed is because we just didnt have the funds this month:( . We filed for our joint Barclays & the swines filed a defence on Friday, being the last day that they could!! Now have to wait another 28 days - groan:mad:.

I'm aiming to file on line for this one on 25th in 10 days time.

Hi Dar,

Errrrrr, you still here??

As I already have gone back & sent off letter for past 6 years with Woolwich(Now Barclays), how do I word the SARS???

Do I simply write please give me statements from 1995-2001 for an additional 6 years?? Which seems strange asking for more statements pre last statements batch??!!

Many thanks.

Whats the score on the time scale then - I'm all open ears now!

Send in a NEW SAR requesting the data from the date of opening your account until the date of you current claim.

This is why I suggested you 'move the goal posts' a bit to reduce your current claim but if as you say you had a rough time in 2000 your new claim might be higher than this one LOL

Some people think you can now go back 12 years where as others say you can go right back as far as you wish, Im waiting to see if any are proved otherwise.

Personally I think we will be given the 'run around' by banks during a second claim.

watch my thread to see how i get on with mt Claim No.2

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh MY GOD!!!

I have finally filed on line with MCOL - SCAREEEEEEEEEEEY process!!:eek:

Only for the fact that when I did it I was petrified of doing anything wrong, as the banks will scrutinise for anything so that they can get the claim thrown out.

And, That would kill me!!

I tried to record this on the 'Litigation in Process' thread, however Bankfodders up to the hilt with messages so cant send the details just yet.:(

Soooooooooooooo, for all those interested, I thought I would post the details on here!

Claim No 7QZ59278

Issued 25/4/07

Court MCOL

Charges £4,935.50

Interest £1624.82

Costs £250.00

Total £6810.32

I must say that I was shocked at the amount of costs:eek: !!

They must have put their prices up as the last time I checked 4-6 weeks ago it would have only cost £120 to process the court claim!

Oh, well, I shall just have to have a rummage for more things to sell on Ebay now to make up for the extra amount!

Best to all,

Electric:D

Dob a dob dob, Banks are sods!:D

EL, just realised, the reason the fee is £250 rather than £120 is because the interest has taken you over that threshold (5k), apart from having to cough it up initially it just means Barclays will be even more out of pocket... its a shame I know:rolleyes: :)

I think I used Vampiress's chambers spreadsheet no'2 for the banks, but will double check for you - have to have a rummage!

Martin Lewis has a good one on his website - really simplified on MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

If you havnt got masses & masses of charges I think his calculation sheet is fab!

Have a look and give it a go. - Let me know how you get on?

Are you claiming for much?/many charges?

Best,

Hi Thailand,

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, it all makes sense now!

Thought it was strange that the fee could double in a very short period of time!!!!!!

GULP! Its a bit of a heavy one to be forking out such a large amount for us this month (& the flamin car needs taxing & a new tyre!!), but it has to be done.

Oh, well, I guess I shall have to put the kids in town on Sat to sing for their supper!! (joke!)

I shall be on the edge of my seat until I get their defence to this big claim. It will be reassuring to see that I havnt dome anything wrong as I will be able to compare with the other 2 claims.

Did you see a different post of mine

Thailand - you make me laugh!!!:D

So glad to 'ave you around.

Well, here I am just waiting for an acknowledgement from Barclays now for my claim.

Just saw yesterday on-line that the claim against Barclays re joint account was defended on Thursday - drat & double-drat.

Husband & I so thought that we just might have won by default as it hadnt shown by Friday which was the last day.

Oh foolish ones we were!!

Just waiting for a court date now & at last will be able to set our sights on when we will have our money back.

Just a quick question........

I know the claim is for a said amount on the original paperwork & on the court claim - however, is there no way that we can change that at all as there have been a few more charges since it was originated in Feb???

I think I sort of asked this before but cant find the answer?!:o

Thanks masses.

EL

Hey DE!

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

Thats great info!

I may well do that as it saves me doing a second claim, which I have heard the Judges dont look very favourably at?

Can I do this as late as the last week before going to court???

I dont mind paying the £35 as I presume I will get that back.......or will I?

No, via N244 (if memory serves), you don't hun. Das Banks can't be held accountable for your 'altering your claim':rolleyes::)

I may well do that as it saves me doing a second claim, which I have heard the Judges dont look very favourably at?

I don't think thats for a judge to decide hun, I could be wrong, but feel 'round 2' would have to be judged on its own merits.

Ok, thats cool. Thanks for the advice.

How long should I expect to wait to hear for a court date from the Bank filing their defence??( joint Barclays we're waiting for this).

My seperate Barclays (£6800) , hey have until 14th May to acknowledge.

I am cream-crackered 2nite & eldest toddler is not well with high temp so Im retiring early tonight expecting rather a broken few hours ahead!

Crikey Thai,

Thats seems sooooo long away.

However, I kinda figured that there would be a possibility that things might not get settled until August time. (blows big raspberries & makes other more obscene gestures!!!).

I'm just going off to see if my claim has been acknowledged for the & £6800. Will be back in a jiff.

Get it!.......Jiff, .........as in jiffy lemon!!!! (so lame, I know, but couldnt help it!)

Big squeezy hugs to you for the AQ help.___________0____________

!!

!!

JL

Whoops, sorry about the wonky legs! The thought is there!!:D