Has anyone been "sold" a loan by the Coop to cover unlawful charges (overdraft) and then been successful in getting their money back?

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've received one email to which I replied that I'm about to send them the spreadsheet showing what I think our loan payments should be,

Dear Mrs P,

URGENT MESSAGE

Can you please contact The Cooperative Bank as a matter of urgency on 0845 602 8819.

If you choose to respond to this email, please ensure that you DO NOT include any confidential account details as this is not a secured platform.

Regards,

Val McCarren

The Cooperative Bank

6th Floor, Balloon Street

Manchester M60 4EP

The Co-operative Financial Services operate through the brands The Co-operative Bank, The Co-operative Insurance, The Co-operative Investments and Smile the internet bank

Good with money - to help cut our CO2 emissions we've built the UK's largest solar power installation. The Co-operative Tower in Manchester is clad with over 7,000 solar panels capable of saving 78 tonnes of Co2 each year - that is enough to fill over 5 million party balloons

An "urgent" letter from the infamous Val (does this person exist?),

letterfromvalmccaren6thmarch09.jpg

And a telemessage to phone CO-OP Ron ?,

phoneronletter.jpg

Oh sorry phat forgot all about it - I'll get on to it and get you something today.

I'm getting grief off them now, I really need to put the prelim in. If anyone can help in any way, any suggestions ?

Thanks

Dear Sir

Despite our previous letters, you have still failed to send us the recalculation we believe we are entitled to, due to part of the above consolidation loan having to be taken to cover an overdraft made up of unlawful charges.

We are not disputing paying the loan, but are disputing the amount we are having to pay back, which includes interest on monies unlawfully debited to the account.

To try and help get our point across, we have prepared a spreadsheet which shows, what we believe we should be paying.

We hope you will look at this and do the ethical thing and recalculate the loan so as to avoid any legal action being taken.

Edited by phatram

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a call from the CO-OP. They say charges are not unlawful(well Neil said) and when I reply to letters to Ms Val McCarren I'm replying to the wrong department, correct person but wrong dept!!

I'm fuming these idiots can't even pass mail on correctly.

Neil said thats why they don't answer my mail.:mad:

I explained about the loan being wrong and he of course disagreed, so I challenged him to take me to court to let a judge decide and Neil said he's going to default me on my loan and then he hung up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In reply to your letter of the 20 May 2009, as far as we are concerned both the above accounts are in dispute, as you have been notified before. You seem to choose to ignore our correspondence and keep sending us the automated threatening letters.

Our current account is subject to a Court case which is stayed at the moment due to the Banks appealing against the OFT’s decision, and the Loan is subject to a complaint to the F.O.S, proof of delivery of said complaint you will find enclosed.

We have received letters from your colleagues asking us to forward £10 for information re. our account, but we do not require this – we have all the information required, thank you.

We trust this is to your satisfaction, and remain,

Yours sincerely

• 2 weeks later...

Lloyds TSB.... They have cost us in the region of £55000. Money missing from loan, insurance not paid when claimed, unauthorised borrowing fees and 26.4% interest for things authorised by the manager. Cheques returned because the manager had the week off. Lost work. Our manager wanted satelite tracking-we could never find him-even one of the men in the Business Center said it was like trying to raise the dead! 9 recorded delivery letters and still no reply. i am still trying to save jobs and they don't care.

Send them a notice under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 77.This is where they must provide all paperwork, signed agreements signed by BOTH parties, all calculations and they must do this or they commit an offence. There is a judgement by Lord Justice Clark 2002 "Failure by the lender to fully observe the terms of the CCA would make the loan unenforceable with no further payment or restitution allowed to the lender" ....or words to that effect.

Subscribing.

Working on a similar claim myself at moment, although not very advanced with it, as still working on the spreadies.

I'm in a more fortunate position than yourself, in so far as this is regards a closed account, I no longer bank with them (Lloyds), and so I'm not under the same threats and pressure as yourself. Thus not worked on tis as pro-actively as yourself.

Do intend to step up the game over the next week or so, and will try to contribute and help yourself if poss.

One thing you really must check is the terms of your previous charges settlement.

Do make sure that the settlement did not include any reference to being a "full and final" settlement in respect of your claim, as this may preclude you from pursuing the related interest accrued on the loan ?

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

• 4 weeks later...

If your complaint has gone to the Ombudsman then they should not be sending you letters, at least not through a debt collector. You can speak to these people and then 2 days later they are on the phone again or sending letters. You have no legal contract with Fredrickson INT so you don't need to make any arrangements with them. Defy them to take you to court. Debt is only created by your promise to make the payments and the debt is in your name. So... what have they given you? In law, a contract is only enforceable if you give them something and they give you something back. This is called a "consideration in law". It is difficult to explain but look it up on Wikipedia. So here is a provoking question.. what have they given you? A credit in your acount or a promissory note?

• 2 weeks later...

Keep getting phone calls from Fredricson International "about your Co-Op account Mr P "

Told them I've got proof of delivery for the letter sent but they don't listen. Want me to do some security check thing with them:rolleyes:.

Truecall will be delivered tomorrow and will soon be in action:grin: