Kelley V's HSBC

kelley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Well thats me going for it, I sent my S-A-R on the 9th feb, and I had my 1st responce off the bank on the 22nd of feb. Looking good so far, as they said basically I would get all statements through in batches, well yesterday and today came all my statements-lol was in the bath and I could here the postman dropping all the mail through the box........was there for a good few minutes lol.

Any way I sat down this evening and worked out all charges and was gobsmaked to see £195 charges in one week, £125 was in one go........no wonder I was always overdrawn how can they even try to justify these amounts is beyond me!!!

In total the bank has charged me £2424 in the last 6 years -lmao I was planning on a grand( never occurred to me just how much I really was being charged untill I went through all my statements, I recalculated four times just to make sure that the figure was correct) just so I could take my partner an our kids on holidays next year so in a funny kind of way pretty happy with that figure.

Do you advise me to calculate the interest now, before i send my preliminary letter?? ( not looking forward to doing that as it looks quiet daunting)

Thanks for listening and any help in retreiving my charges will be greatly appreciated!!

Kelley

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing to see how much they have charged over the years I remember going through my statements and being slightly disappointed at one point not too find charges for a particular month as I know I will get it all back. ;)

You don't need to worry about calculating interest just yet. You should only claim for that when you take HSBC to the court.

Get stuck in reading the forums so that you understand the process to go through and feel free to ask questions there are plenty of people here to help.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

i did that too!! i have never wanted to see bank charges more!!

the interest thing is a bit daunting, but you will be surprised at how much it amounts to. it depends how far your charges go back, but i shall guesstimate (tho please dont quote me!) that the interest on that lot will be in excess of £850, if the charges are fairly evenly spread over the last 6 yrs.

does that make the interest calculations more interesting? :)

Hi Liz,Im reading threads from here there and every where, I have one small question for any one to answer, on the template for simple bank charges, do I need to include the "number of days since offence"??

I dont mean to be thick but dont want to spend the time working this out if its not nessersary yet! :confused:

will await an answer on this as Im all ready to send off my preliminary letter to the bank

Kelley

Thank you Netty.....and congratulations on your win, well deserved enjoy it well!!

Ok I have now ompleted the schedule sheet with and was so relieved it worked the intrest charges also, but now what Im puzzling over is this...... It says not to claim the intrest unless it goes to court, so when I send my prelimanary letter, do I tell them how much intrest Icalculated but state Im only after the actual charges, or do I just not mention the intrest at all??

I dont mean to be a pain, I have read the F-A-Q'S but just want some assurance as I dont want to mess this up!

Many thanks

Kelley

Thanks heaps, I now have everything ready, right down to a parachute account -just in case,

Will let you all no when I get a responce and what that is when the time gets here,

untill then goodluck every one with your claims and I will continues to read to soak up further information.

Kelley

that line in the template letter about i calculate you have taken from me xxxx in chrages and xxx in interest on those charges - refers to overdraft interest. i know you've got it all ready - but i could be worth taking a look - you could send that letter off and during the next 14 days before you send the lba - take a look again at your statements and you could send a "revised schedule of charges" with the lba

- do you have a lot of charges for interest with a DR next to it? this is interest on the overdraft.

depending on your balance at the time of the charge - a portion, or none or all of it could be on your charges - the only way to find out is to do the spreadsheet one more time - using the advanced s/s and on that the charges and interest tab. once again the s/s does every last bit of the calculating for you - charges on the left and interest on the right - oldest first and work your way to the present, and when you put in each interest debit - one column asks for the balance - i just used the balance on the line before that charge. it could turn out to be a substantial bit - my son's claim was for 1500 in charges, the o/d interest added 300 and the 8% interest added at the claim stage added another 300. so, the hour i spent doing the o/d interest (and i'm not fast or good with s/s) was well worth it. if you try it, i'm sure you'll find it as easy as the simple s/s was.

good luck.

Thank you for the advice on the intrest, lol now I have encoutered another dilema!

I ahve now been advised that because the bank only supplied me with duplicate statements and not the actual access information, before I send off my preliminary letter I should contact the branch and state this!!!

What do you guys think???:confused:

Kelley

I ahve now been advised that because the bank only supplied me with duplicate statements and not the actual access information, before I send off my preliminary letter I should contact the branch and state this!!!

If you mean Manual Intervention, then no.

Cheers, I have everything ready to go in the morning and was a little concerened as to wether to contact them or not. Ok Ill send this off 1st thing in the morning, Oh and the bank returned my cheque yesterday as well , so pleased with that lol as would of taken me over limt again lol

thanks again

Kelley

Ok, just got back from sending my 2nd letter, and am excited, lol

Cannot wait for the responce from the bank

Here's hoping for a speedy retrieval

Will let you all no how things progress

Kelley

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, hope all your claims are going well.

Ok here goes, I received this letter back from HSBC

Thank you for your letter dated...... concerning bank charges.
I am looking into the matter you have raised and will contact you with a full responce as soon as I have completed my investigations.

In the meantime I enclose a copy of our leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with.

LOL there was no leaflet with the letter.

Am I still giving the bank 14 days from the time they initally recieved my letter?? Which would be the 20th of this month, to let me know what they plan on doing.

Kelley

Definately keep to your own timescales their investigations are just designed to delay when you will get your money back. :) I presume you are reading up on how to file a claim with the court do you need any help with that?

Hiya Giveme,

I presume you are reading up on how to file a claim with the court do you need any help with that?

I need all the help I can get, I have to be honest I am a little scared of the whole court procces, ( I was petrified the day I stood in front of the magistrate for my publicans licence lol)

If you can give me the advice that would be great :)

Many thanks

Kelley

Just stick to your timescale for everything not the banks timescale cos they are just stalling tactics hoping you will go away, and best of luck not that you will need it because hsbc just crumble in the end after they have dragged it on as long as they can at the mcol stage

I need all the help I can get, I have to be honest I am a little scared of the whole court procces, ( I was petrified the day I stood in front of the magistrate for my publicans licence lol)

If you can give me the advice that would be great :)

Kelly here are a couple of links that will help with the court claim stage

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=10

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

I would recommend the MCOL route it is fairly straight forward.

Don't worry about standing up in court it hasn't happened to anyone else yet!! :D

Thanks very much Givme,

Im gonna start doing all the reading up I need now on this process.

And also have to get the LBA written up.

Will let you no how things go,

Good luck all

Kelley

Oh well, just about to pop in to town & post off the L.B.A

Lets hope dear Mr Langdale responds a little quicker, I mean how hard is to to say "yes we have taken money that we shouldnt of and here it is back ...enjoy"

LOL

It would appear to be incredibly hard for the banks just to come clean. Save themselves some money in costs and pay up quickly and possibly restore some good will!!!! 14 days from today you will start the court process. Good Luck...:)

OMG lol that is a scary thought, but I guess thats why I started this, and I want my money back!!!!!!!

So now I need to start preparing this.

Do I wait for the 14 then start or do I have everything ready to go on the 14th day??

Have to be honest Im a little nervous of doing this, just because Im no lawyer so any help advice and moral support is greatly welcomed

Kelley

You do want your money back and will get it back. Best to start reading about the court process and MCOL over the next few days. You want to be ready to go as soon as the 14 days have elapsed. I think everyone gets a bit nervous about doing this but there are loads of us here that have done it before and can help and advise. So keep chilled and have a good weekend. :)