Kelley V's HSBC

kelley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HE HEHE, maybe we can both press our buttons together....... my dreams never come true so not holding my breathe that I will get a full offer befor the 10th.

I have to say the further this goes the more Im enjoying sinking me teeth into this.

also lol............getting back to the interst, i think Im just going to claim the 8% interest that was done when I used vamps spreadsheet, my head hurt last night thinking of the daily rate.....

:smile:

kelley

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh man my head hurts lol

Ok i have worked it out to 53p a day, but my head is so frazzled( i said i was dull lol)

I have got to the point i dont no what im doing with this interst, I have the 8% from the spread sheet, but now what??

you have a breakdown that shows it - the totals go on to the mcol when you file and then you will be sending copies of that breakdown to the court and then to dg.

kelley, i've got a niggling feeling about this - so let's do it slow - from the top - and remember even if you have done something incorrect -at this point it's still pretty easy to fix. so don't panic.

when you added up all your charges - did you include those which said "Interest DR" from your statement? if you didn't - fine.

if you did - then you may have done it incorrectly - so let's find out and take it from there - did you include interest charges from your statements in your list of charges?

Sorry Lat was working last few hours,

No the only charges that I have placed on Vamps s.spreadsheet were:

• Returned direct debits
  • Unpaid item charges
  • Card misuse
  • General charges

I didnt include any debit interst on the shedule,

Kelley

P.S thank you for helping me

then i'm sure everything is tickety-boo!

you've done the correct s/s to get the 8% interest - which you will add at the claim stage and the daily interest also goes on the claim form.

so, now you just wait for the 14 days to pass before you can file the claim - go ahead and register with mcol and work your way up to the particulars of claim - i'll send you mine as an example and there is one in the template library too -

the mcol is very straightforward - just follow it through and you'll be all ready for when the time has passed - you will just have to pay and submit and that's it.

• Haha 1

Wahaaaaaayyyy, I think Im finally getting it lol

Thank you, yes that did help, I will fill the rest of my P.O.C and just sit back an twiddle me thumbs now,

Kelley

Well I did it lol, I filled in my particulars, and boy have I got an itchy finger,

Why is it ........in general 14 days whizz by..........now these seem to be the longest days ever. I have found myself jumping out of bed to see the post man ( sure he thinks I mad) and so dissapointed not to have a letter from the bank......and to think there was a time when the bank wrote to me I would just gulp, and place the letter on the side where it would remain unopend!

I am also trying to get my head around the fact that if you owe the bank money.....at the end of the month they take a big slice, they are just not as quick at paying it back!!!

Kelley

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Well that day has come.... Pete did DG get there defence in??

Im just about to hit my mcol button, Ive heard nowt from hsbc, not even an acknowledgement that the recieved my LBA,(which I thought they would of)

So here goes ill be back in a few after swiping that button.

Good luck all who are also doing this today.

Kelley xx

Hiya,

I've just received a letter from HSBC offering £900 less than they owe me . They say they wont pay the full amount because it included the wrong kind of interest plus I'd claimed for more than 6 years (I'd only done my calculations on the "6 years" worth of statements they sent me!

My full claim was for £2600 and that would just about get swallowed up by my overdraft so they'd only be getting their money back anyway! ok 2 questions then..

1. Shall I pursue HSBC through the courts - they've only given me 7 days to accept their offer.

2. Can I ask for a cheque for my money instead of them transferring any refund to my account and therefore straight into my overdraft and back into their pockets?

thanks guys

Hiya Munkee,

Personally I would not accept the offer, they owe you more than that, I think but dont quote me that you accept the £900 as a partial offer of what they owe you,

And yes they can pay by cheque(my brother was paid this way)

Also open a thread up on the site, there are loads of people with some excellent advice on here, and they are only to willing to help you out, and can probably give you better advice than me lol

Good luck with your claim, Ill keep my eyes open to see how your doing :)

Kelley

OH wow that is good news..... well pleased for you xxx

Just a shame I didnt even get a letter to say " we had your letter but we dont plan on doing anything yet!" would of been nice, but no I get a big fat nothing lol.

Well the bank account is now about £120 overdrawn now after submitting my claim, no doubt ill be fined for that.

Right down to buissness........ what happens now??

Do I wait to hear from DG, or do i send them a copy of my schedule now??

I assume the courts will ask me to forward any relevent information??

And will this be done at me local courts??

I think thats enough for the mo lol

Kelley

Here you go, curtesey of Lateralus;

Once you have filed your claim, you need to send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

DG's details will be on page 2 of the acknowl.

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

(If, and only if, you are claiming overdraft interest on your penalties, also include this paragraph)

I understand you have a policy of initially rejecting claims for overdraft interest. However, should this be the case after you have reviewed my claim, you should be aware that my claim for overdraft interest has been meticulously calculated and double checked. It only ever relates to the cumulative charges within the overdrawn balance of the account at the point that the overdraft interest was debited

If it is that in your view the interest is not claimable, I am prepared to discuss this with yourseves and the judge in court.

Yours sincerely,

I have to admit though I feel very intimidated, going up agaisnt a large company, who know all the ins and outs of the ducks arse, and then there's me, not a bloody clue ablout the different laws and things.......except for the fact that they have taken unlawful charges from me lol

Im sure I will get there in the end, I have the determination and with some help good will triumph over evil :grin: lol

Kelley

Hi, ok I may sound really dim here..........but I just had a strange letter included in by bank statement.

I am due to be charged £25 at the end of april, but heres the letter

OVERDRAFT ARRANGEMENTS FEES

Please find the details of the arrangement fees that are due to be charged to your account. These fees relate to one or more informal overdraft requests you have made, which we have considered and approved.

An informal overdraft request occurs when a payment is presented to us to debit your account and either you do not have enough funds in your account, or a high enough formal overdraft limit.

Rather than automatically decline, or "bounce", the items, we consider wether the level of borrowingrequested is reasonable. If we conclude that you may be unable to service this extra level of borrowing, we will decline the request and may charge you a fee for considering the request.

OUR 'FAIR FEES' POLICY

We do not apply Arrangement fees for overdraft request( either formal or informal) unless they are made frequently. The Arrangement fee you are being advised of today is payable because you made more than one overdraft request in the last six months.

They have made it sound that I have agreed to this so called "arrangement fee"

How long has this letter been attached to statements, as I dont reacall ever seeing??

Quick............ help...........

Off to post my schedule to the courts and Ive just re-read the letter,

The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

Do I include in that figure the court fees that I have just paid, and state that Ive added those on, or just the charges from HSBC??

Kelley

Hello all, me again lol

Ok I had my notice if acknowledgement in the post this morning, only Im a little confused as to what dates Im looking at??

On the notice of issueit tells me the the "claim will be deemed served on the 16th April" and the "defendant will have untill the 30th April to reply".

Now the notice of acknowledgement says " the defendant has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form to file a defence"

Im confused with these dates as 28 days from 13th April is 11th May.

Obvioulsy Im wrong somewhere so can some one help me on this please,

Also, do I include that section in red (template to DG) as only claiming the 8% interest??

And I appologise now for being a complete thicket!!!

Kelley