Caz V's The natwest Bank

Caz1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well I managed to watch whistleblower at last in my own living room:D

After watching I'm only really left with one thought that banks are just selling machines without much consideration for feelings,circumstances or situations especially for their staff. Imagine the pressure of having to meet those targets if it's the only thing that get's your bread and butter and if you're jobs at risk for being an "underachiever" the feeling you get must be intense,I really feel for the staff at the bottom end and think it's the structure that's at fault.As for the privacy issues if everythings in place to let anyone delve into that information than it's the system that's wrong and not the staff because how many of you hand on heart wouldn't have a peak e.g. at Mr.alan.Sugars activities? because I'm nosey and I would \o/

Another thought is if someone was to invent a business right at this moment and promised small fees and honest practices, inbetween say a post office and a bank then I'm sure they'd be millionaires because that's all the public want.We also want to shop instantly to the other side of the world,have cash exactly when we want it so the privacy is always going to be an issue because you only need one sour grape among a large bunch to jeopardise everything.

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooh spoken like a true politician Caz. Have you passed that idea onto Nattie yet. I keep urging him to set up in business on his own in an advisory capacity. He would be brill and could also make money from it, and might actually enjoy it more than working in a bank. Just a though Nattie. Crikey whilst were all talking about the fact it costs the banks less than 2 squid to bounce a cheque your'e busy being a kind hearted person and putting forward the case of the sales staff. You are a sweetie Caz. Personally, I totally agree, it must be a horrible environment to work in for the poor peeps if that is true for most banks and the way they operate, but I have to say, if it was that bad, then surely you would look for something else sharpish whilst still doing the sales pitch till you found something else. Im no sales person, I could not sell anything to anybody cos Ive too much of a conscience. I would hate myself for doing such a thing. But I appreciate we all have to make a living somehow. And then for the head lady at Barclays to then say this is not common practice. Ummmm, how many times in the last year have I had aggressive sales calls on everything from replacement windows to loans to bank accounts, to insurance to just about anything you can think of, every single call was agressively sales sales sales and the usual nicey nicey banter to open the convo, and then when you can get a word in edgeways I just say, thank you but no thank you, and then they get snotty, when clearly I have tried to be kind and let the down nicely, but in the end THEIR ATTITUDE MAKE YOU HAVE TO BE RUDE TO THEM TO GET RID OF THEM. How many times can one say no thank you in one five minute call. I dont want to have to put the phone down on them, but they make me do it, because they dont take no for an answer, so I have to put the phone down on them, and then no doubt, other end of phone theyre calling me everything from a pig to a dog, and its their own fault. They made me put the phone down on them. Its so bad. Aggressive sales. But sadly its the way of the world. For anybody to get a sale by duping somebody is beyond belief. I could never live with myself if I was them, so they do take some responsibility for the pitch they give down the phone. At the end of the day we all hav a choice. Whether to do a certain job or not. If we dont like something, then we simply look for something else whilst staying at the job we dont like, and then off pronto when something better comes along. We all have choices. Anyhow Caz. It seems like Im the only person on here this morning, so Im gonna clear off for a bit. Got housework to do and the ironing pile is now as tall as Mr Higleys pile of claims on his desk, NO DOUBT, so better start to tackle it and get rid of my pile. Poor Mr. Higley, if only it was so easy for him to get rid of his, just by ironing them. ooooooh poor man. Back later. Take Care. Fendy xxxxxxxx

Morning Fendy :D

It was just when the lady cried in the backgound last night it's all I could think of throughout the rest of the programme! I've been here some of the morning I'm on page 3 of that blasted DLA renewal application for my beloved- ( only another 100 pages to go through) I'll break the back of it by dinner time:p

I noticed on the yorkshire banks computer screen it said 0.09 for the cost of service so that's a whopping increase passed onto the customers.

I reckon most of the bigwigs are only interested in their profit margins and share prices and the price of their own stock so have little sympathy for any of them but as for the rest of the staff I'll always feel sorry for them.

I've worked in sales years ago but I made a concious decision that I like to sleep well at night and although I was good at it I left to persue pastures greener:)

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Oooooooo I know this isn't a natwest issue but this happened today and I know everyone in the forum is pretty clued up on consumer rights can anyone advise me on this:

I wondered if anyone could help me compose a letter to reliable collections I recieved a reply regarding my CCA request today which was along the lines of "we are familiar with the consumer credit act and therefore we understand that this debt is unenforcable this does not alter the fact that this is an unpaid debt and has such will be recorded on your credit record as a default"

Can they actually continue sharing your data if you haven't signed an agreement giving them permission to do so?

Any advice much appreciated:grin:

Hey Caz............ I'm not clued up on this stuff at all, but it could be worth posting on the general debt forum just in case somebody can help out. x ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks hedgey:D will do!

Morning:)

I recieved an offer today from the Natwest for a settlement of £856.00 \o/

woooooooo hooooooo! my claim was for only £867.00 and my LBA only went the other day so I'm gonna accept.

Thanks you guys I couldn't have done it right without you xxxxxx

CONGRATULATONS , We just guided you along the pathway. The decisions were all yours. ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Nice one honey - you deserve it! Start planning your new wardrobe!!!!!!!!! xxx:D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

:) Thanks again you guys.....I'll still be watching your threads with baited breath to see what happens!!

:) Thanks again you guys.....I'll still be watching your threads with baited breath to see what happens!!

.............. and drinking copious amounts of red wine with us on friday nights (in the name of support, advice and encouragement of course!!!!!!!!) Think you're about to have the best saturday that you've had in weeks!!!! xxx:lol:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I'm contemplating claiming my charges from the Nationwide now but have been reading their thread for the last week or so and they have a habit of closing down accounts ( and I love all the online services I get from my account) so am weighing up the pro's and cons.

Even though I have my dosh back from natwest I'm still going ahead with my complaint about the retaliatory behaviour etc and will let you all know about that one:) there's always the joint account aswell I've got my statements back for that one (Natwest) but haven't ploughed through them yet because I didn't want to confuse my little bonce.Have a happy Sunday EeeeeeeK @ putting the clocks forward I'll be trying to catch up all day now!

Hey Caz. Do you know what? I think I'd be inclined to go after the Nationwide anyway even if they have got a habit of closing down accounts. You've got other accounts elsewhere, so you could always shift your DD's etc to these. And, if they do shut your account down, you can always complain and get compensation from Fin. Omb. ............... so you're a winner all round!!!!!!! Maybe go after your nat west joint account first - then slap the Nationwide with a lovely little prelim!!!! Have a happy Sunday honey!!!!!!!! xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

You know what Hedgey I'm gonna send my SAR off to Nationwide tomorrow and get my statements to glimpse through!!! It only costs a tenner so what the heck:D

You know what Hedgey I'm gonna send my SAR off to Nationwide tomorrow and get my statements to glimpse through!!! It only costs a tenner so what the heck:D

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!! Go for it Caz - you already know it's worth it!!! And let's face it, you know exactly what you're doing this time, and you also know all the little tricks that the banks pull! I reckon we should be seeing another 'I've won' post in a couple of months!!! Right behind you honey - go get some more of your money!!! xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I had a strange thought and I thought I would share it......here goes....

We all think it's our right to reclaim these charges (which I agree with ) but what if the banks bring they're charges down to say £5 then all of us who have had full refunds get a bill for £5 for each charge we'd got back - at a later date. A strange theory I know but I think it might be a possibility.

You would just challenge the £5 and tell the bank to disclose the true charge. Which we all no is well below £5. their could be a problem if they decide to charge us 50p.

:D :D

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

lol Parkvale....I won't leave the country just yet then:D

Hi Caz i jus read tru ur thread for the first time, congrats by the way! It seems they are doing the same thing to me re referring to this Birmingham contact centre, I mean what the heck is that all about and isnt it strange how they did this after sending them the prelim... I really do believe this is some retaliation process but they havent carried on with me like they did with you, I must admit they havent been that bad - as yet. What has happened since, have they been to collect your switch card? lol

Lol luckily I had 2 ( I sent one back by registered post but hid the other in the back of my purse ) he he he naughty!