Caz V's The natwest Bank

Caz1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sent off my SAR back on December 2006 and in January a letter was returned to say there was no signature on it (I checked my photocopy and low and behold there was).

I decided it was just a stalling process so sent back a reply consisting of their letter with another photocopy attached of my original (signed)SAR and a cover letter asking them to respectfully send my details as per original request.

After weeks of waiting yesterday I sent out one of your template letters from the library re: none compliance if they don't respond to this whats my next step? - I need to get the ball rolling with my charges because the longer I wait the more charges are piling up.They have also sent me a default notice - when I have filed to have my charges removed can I also have the default removed because the account was in dispute? If so how do I go about this :o) Thanks everyone!

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can file to have the default removed too, see the template letters and theres a version in there, that lets you tell them you want charges back, plus removal of default based on the fact it was caused by them in the first place. Check out templates. Its all in there. x GOOD LUCK.

OOOOOoo the cheeky monkeys .....I sent a postal order back in December for my SAR and I was chasing up my statements on the telephone this morning and have found they have also debited my account for £5 on the 27th February for the statements - how cheeky!

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Just wanted to clarify, you did send the SAR to Mr. Alex Lyons, yes, recorded delivery. Thats by far the quickest way to get them. I got mine in 14 days after asking. ? Maybe I was just lucky. lol xxx Im at MCOL stage now. See my thread: fendy v Natwest. Quite scarey, but Im up for it all now. Not scared anymore, just apprehensive about making sure all paperwork is done properly. Keep at it. Good Luck

:) Thanks Fendy - yes I sent it to Mr.Alex Lyons 1st class recorded and sent the letter before action the same way..lol

My friend sent off for his statements at the same time and in this time,he's settled just before the court case! They're just stalling me and defaulting me it's just my luck :( Good luck with your claim!!!

Don't worry in a week or so (fingers crossed ) I'll be shouting for your help in how to word everything correctly so you're not allowed to be scared or aprehensive:) I've read your thread and you're doing great so just keep at it xxx

Will be glad to help in any way I can or point you in the direct of a MOD in for instance I really dont know. Got a way to go myself yet. Not home and dry till the cheques in the bank. LOL. But really, unless you screw up really badly with court stuff you cant go wrong. So long as you follow the process carefully on here, you cannot fail. xxx Best of Luck and dont be fraidy. You will get what your entitled to.

:p I got my statements at long last this morning YAY!!! Have used the spreadsheets and done the first letter and it's £867 wow I thought it would be only about £100 just shows you what you never realise when you're just paying everything month - month!

:p I got my statements at long last this morning YAY!!! Have used the spreadsheets and done the first letter and it's £867 wow I thought it would be only about £100 just shows you what you never realise when you're just paying everything month - month!

excellent get the prelim letter off today as Natwest are paying out very quickly at the moment.

:D I've just been & posted my prelim by 1st class recorded delivery ( sits back and waits)

Ooooh when you get your sod off letter, can you paste what is says. I love reading the different variations they can come up with for basically SOD OFF. Ha. !! It makes me laugh how many ways they can actually say SOD OFF. Ha. !!!!! xxxx

Lol I sure will Fendy Ooooooo!! I had a bit of a sod off already when I told a lovely lady on the telephone that this account was in dispute and I was unwilling to discuss a repayment plan until it was all sorted out.She withdrew my overdraft the next day and sent out a letter from the collections department in Birmingham to say they wanted repayment of the account within 28 days!! I just thought ner nerrrrrrr ner. Hows that for great customer services and I had my polite telephone voice on too:p

You can actually complain to the Financial Ombudsman about retaliatory behaviour you know on this one. Them removing your overdraft purely because the accounts in dispute etc. etc. Once you get your pay out on this you want to do letter to Ombudsman and tell them about this because banks can get into trouble for retaliatory tactics. Seriously consider it. But probs best to wait till this little debarcle is over, its a lot to handle sorting two things out at once. Im struggling but getting there wiith Abbey and Nasty West. Chin up. xxxxx Soon be over.

I'm sorting 3 out at the minute this one for me,then the joint one and my friends decided that because it took Natwest 3 months to settle he wants his charges back which they levied in the time it took them to settle....lol All three are with the Natwest at this address so I suppose they don't like us much now:D I'm definately going to complain after all this is over. But my knees would be trembling if it was anywhere near the amount you're re claiming Fendy - I reckon you're doing great and as they say Every little helps ( in the case of my tiddly amounts).

• 2 weeks later...
:mad: They've sent me a letter today to say that they require my switch card to be cut up and returned back to them or they will send someone to my house to collect it at a cost of £125.00!I've wrote and told them on numerous occassions & explained that the amount owed is in dispute because my overdraft was £300 but the charges owed total £867.00. BUMHOLES I'll just wait and see what happens.

I've compiled a letter over the weekend with a photocopy of every letter sent regarding my claim for bank charges and am going to send this back to the collections centre in Birmingham ( the ones who keep sending me the above letters threatening further actions on my account ) I've explained thoroughly that this account is in dispute and will be complaining to the Financial Ombudsman if they don't stop carrying on with this retaliatory behaviour.

I'm going to miss Whistle blower tonight:mad: because the strong winds have blown my aerial off the roof and no brave aerial men will scale my roof in time \o/ So please all watch it and report back with the juicy bits! it's LBA day too because I haven't heard a whisper back from the Natwest.

Guest NATTIE

As Kate said you have 3 days to sort out arial for wednesday. The £125 is a charge which is called Card Recovery. This is the quandry..are you keeping your bank account open? if yes then they will issue a cashcard anyway if the switch card is returned, if no you might as well send it back or take it into a branch, get them to destroy it and put a note on your account to that effect

Thanks Kate and Nattie:)

I opened a parachute account in December before I began to reclaim my charges - so I won't be keeping this account with the Natwest so have sent my switch back to the bank by registered mail with a letter explaining that I won't need another.

The problem only started when I cancelled all my direct debits (because I was below my overdraft and had planned to pay it back within a month ) it was only £200.00

at the time I rang Natwest customer services with a list of all direct debits and cancelled them over the phone which I was told was done.

Then a month later I recieved a statement and a letter to say my Sky direct debit had gone unpaid and had levied charges on the account etc.

So I rang and wrote back to customer services but they refused point blank to return the charges even though the mistake was what they called "in house" and the majority of my charges have escilated from then - amazing isn't it.

It's just made me more determined to push on with this claim but I will always stress to others the importance of having a parachute account especially with my own experiences.

We have no brave aerial men in Derbyshire...lol no-one will scale our roof until the winds have died down which doesn't seem to be happening today:rolleyes: But I've been and talked the ears off one of the neighbours accross the road and they're going to tape whistle blower \o/

Getting a good ariel erector in this weather is like eusa_wall.gif. Hope that cheers you up.:)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Lol @ you 2!

psssssst getting a good erector in any weathers tough work he he he!:lol:

Oooo Fendy you'll be getting rich very soon! Don't forget mines a diet coke with hmmmmmmm about 10 triple whiskeys! Lol