dylon vs the woolwich

dylon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent the woolwich all 3 letters got standard letters back deadline is the 28th feb,last letter said all info has been passed on to barclays HO I will hear from them within 8 wks,what do I do now?HELP

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there dylon, my advice would be to proceed within the deadlines you set. I waited after recieving the letter telling me i would hear from them within 8 weeks, they offered me £1000 after about 4 weeks. Personally I wish I had just pressed on because I want a FULL refund. Its just another way of delaying you taking them to court.

Hope this helps

clairec!

I have the same question...I'm still waiting for my statements to show how much they owe me but I strongly suspect it will be over £5000. It seems that some people do one claim for over £5000 and some split the claims up..one for £4000 and one for £2000 say. I think it is all to do with court processes and court fees though.

Because my schedule of charges sent to the woolwich is over £5000 do I reduce the claim when I go on MCOL,also I'm not sure of the date I opened my account it's at least 15yrs or so,I haven't included any interest do I have do this?

1. Date of your account not crucial just put (for example) 'opened prior to 1992'.

2. Splitting the claim. Up to you - I'd do it as one lump to get it over with but it depends if you are in a position to pay higher court and allocation fees or not, plus you face a risk of higher costs if your claim is fast-tracked, goes to court and you lose.

3. Interest - yes include this for MCOL

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

You can but you might want to wait until the first one is settled before you start the second as the court can use its case management powers to merge your claims if it feels so inclined.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Personally I'd keep the claim as one. You are only just over the limit and you can apply to keep the claim in small claims in your AQ and Barclays may agree to that, since banks aren't keen on Fast Track because of Standard Disclosure, which means they would have to reveal a breakdown of their costs. The chances of you losing and therefore being liable to up to £750 costs are negligible

Once you've filed your claim you can then do so. You also need to send a copy to the court. Make sure your name, the bank's name and your claim number are clearly marked on all copies. Put in a covering letter explaining that this is the schedule of charges to accompany your claim and in your letter to the court ask them to add it to your claim form.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!