dylon vs the woolwich

dylon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You was right Kimmy barclays filed their defence at the last minute as you said,it's now being transferred to another court would that be my local court or one of their choosing?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I have been reading some other threads about joint accounts my account is joint but I have always signed any letters to barclay's is that ok or have I muffed up my claim?

I have always signed any letters to barclay's is that ok

Yes

CPR 19.6 says:

19.6 (1)Where more than one person has the same interest in a claim –

(a)the claim may be begun; or

(b)the court may order that the claim be continued,

by or against one or more of the persons who have the same interest as representatives of any other persons who have that interest.

Hi all, I have been reading some other threads about joint accounts my account is joint but I have always signed any letters to barclay's is that ok or have I muffed up my claim?

you will be fine. i did the same with abbey and they sent a cheque in my name :grin: :grin: damn o/h got the post from postie. :wink:

you will be ok with barclays the end result is good and litigation are very polite and easy to deal with :grin:

• Haha 1

Igot a notice of transfer of proceedings today it's being transfered to my local court Edmonton,on the transfer it says 1.The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.will I get a AQ from Edmonton then or will they not bother with it?

• 1 month later...

I have just received my court date today it's the 13th of august I didn't fill in an AQ I just paid the court the £100 fee,would now be a good time to ring Barclys to see if they would settle

Hi all,should I send off my court bundle to Barclay's first and then ring them to see if they would seetle or is it to soon to ring them as some other treads I have been reading say that they will not seetle until 2 weeks before the court date?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help please? do I send a revised soc to include my court costs which is £350,it seems very quite on this site at the moment or is everyone out spending their reclaimed money.

No need to send a revised schedule of charges including the court costs.

Unfortunately I cannot give you any Woolwich specific advice as I am not familiar with them.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thanks for your quick reply Guido T for a while there I thought noone was on this site anymore,I wonder if there is anyone out there with an email address for Krysta Campbell at Barclay's please.

Quick update,I emailed Krysta @ Barclay's on friday no reply yet i offered to settle now i also said i didn't know who was handling my claim that is why i contacted her I'll wait until wednesday then I'll email her again.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,it's a long time since i posted any up dates to my claim I have been working away alot must keep paying the bills,I am about to sort out my court bundle I can't get a copy of the terms and conditions of my account I have been to the woolwich and barclay's they are saying as noone is opening any new accounts they don't have any.Will this matter as regards my bundle,also the court bundle template says to add some perssonal info not sure what to add can anyone help please?????

Thank's Micheal I'm getting barclay's to send me the t&c's and I will send them on to cag as soon as they arrive,will it matter to my court bundle if I don't have the woolwch t&c's because of the recent changeover to barclay's.When I asked about the date I opened my account with them they said it was 2000,but I have held an acciunt with them before they became a bank should I mention this in my bundle.

Hi Dylon

I think it's worth a one line mention and if you have requested Woolwich T&Cs and not had them provided, I think it's always useful to point out that despite your best efforts, Defendant has failed to furnish etc.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Thanks for words of wisdom welshcakes,Barclays sent me a copy of t&c's today titled woolwich & barclays are moving together t & c's I don't think they will the same as the woolwich's own t&c's that I signed way back when,should I use these in my court bundle?I will send these off to CAG tomorrow,also I can't download the OFT summary for my bundle it say's error not found any idea's anyone.

Hi Dylon

The T&Cs have undoubtedly been re-worded so I would cover yourself by including them as "CURRENT T&Cs in absence of original T&Cs". That way, any reference that B's makes to their T&Cs in support of their case is technically negated as they are referring to a document that was authored after the account had been opened.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

Link hasn't been updated, Bookworm is aware. For now use:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/financial_products/oft842a.pdf

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

Cheers welshcakes you're a diamond I can send my bundle off tomrrow now,my court date is three week's away perhaps it's time for a phone call and email to see if they will settle.