"Non-Direct Debit handling fee"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being charged £2 on my telephone bill for the privilege of paying my bill without using a DD. It's small potatoes, but I'm somewhat bemused by it. While undoubtedly, £2 is closer to the cost of processing a transaction than £30, I'm confused as to how and where the "cost" arises. I'd have thought it would cost more money to process DDs due to the complex rules surrounding them (required since it gives companies direct access to your bank account) than to deal with Direct Credit. I mean, even my bog-standard bank account can do DC.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Guest Lueeze

Most companies charge this sort of thing, I guess its for paperwork generated, as staff have to manually process this.

Im not too sure theres much you can do about it...

Lou xx

Most companies charge this sort of thing, I guess its for paperwork generated, as staff have to manually process this.

I thought they have automated systems to deal with card payments :confused:

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Guest Lueeze

Yes but if you call up and pay over the phone then someone has to do that...the same if someone pays at the P/O...it has to be allocated to that account manually.

Im not saying its right im just saying that this is how they would justify it. I really am not sure how you can avoid these extras...I pay £4 to sky a month!!!!

Lou x

Yes but if you call up and pay over the phone then someone has to do that

Yes. In my case, it's called an IVR.

I'm not making too much fuss over this, particularly since this is only the third month I'll be charged the fee, and I'm moving out in about 6 weeks' time.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks