Abo vs Halifax **WON**

abo999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently claiming back charges with the Nat West, and they've got just a couple of days to file a defence otherwise I'll be filing a judgement by default.

So now I'm turning my attention to the Halifax...

Without hiking through the myriad threads about taking on the Halifax, can any of you post and let me know if there are any peculiarities or tactics Halifax may employ to try and deter people from going through with a claim, or otherwise make things difficult?

BATRacer: Browser-based motor racing simulation. Free to play :)

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6q0

Advice offered by abo999 is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it.

You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt

Halifax: £1299 settled in full, payment received

Hi abo999 --- I successfully claimed against the halifax earlier this year. I found them to be fairly easy to deal with and got the full amount requested of £2281 when I telephoned them after the LBA time limit elapsed. From reading other Halifax threads, they seem to be one of the better ones for settling before court procedures. Have a read of my thread to see how I got on. It only took about 6 weeks from asking for statements to the money being credited to the account.

Good luck

jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi Abo!!! i also have threads on here if u ever get bored, but i successfully won my claim exactly an hour ago!!! I got my statements within a week and sent off my 1st letter claiming £1629 about 3 wks ago. Head office wrote to me 2 days ago (3 days after my 14 day expiration date before i sent my LBA) offering me £1375 which was £254 short. I phoned them earlier and basically he offered the full amount there and then... easy peasy (2 easy if u ask me)!!! They received my LBA today so my 14 day limitation still stands until i receive the money in my account. In all, i found them very accommadating!!! i dont think u'll have any probs as long as u follow the correct procedure!!

Gd luck

Traci:p :p :p

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

I'm filing in court on Monday for mine. Halifax are insisting the bank charges I have are £450 and they are not they are £494. It shows them on the bank statements they have sent me, which I have shown on the schudule of charges sent back to them, twice! It may only be £40 but its the principle!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/11/06

Statements Received 02/12/06

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

hi Timsgirlfriend, i cant believe they're quibbling over £40!!!! they must know how much more its gonna cost them if u take them to court (court fees plus 8% interest on each charge)!!! I must have been one of the lucky ones (or i grossly underestimated my charges and they're laughing at me)!!! :(

Gd luck with yr claim!!

Traci

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

• 1 month later...

Sent my LBA off to them today, claiming £1300. Here we go...

Advice offered by abo999 is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it.

You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt

Royal Mail track and trace shows my LBA as being received on 26th March. What happens now with Halifax? Will they just ignore until I file a court claim, or are they likely to make me an offer?

anyone? :D

Royal Mail track and trace shows my LBA as being received on 26th March. What happens now with Halifax? Will they just ignore until I file a court claim, or are they likely to make me an offer?

They may make an offer they may just ignore your letter, what you need to do is file your claim at court after the 14 days have expired.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Ok, a letter came through from Halifax this morning saying they'd take up to eight weeks to investigate my claim.

I think not; they've got until the 9th April to cough up, or I'll be filing my N1.

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS!

I received a letter from Halifax this morning offering me a payment of £1327; £28 more than I'd requested, so I'm a very happy man. Shame to miss out on the interest, but I'd rather just get this payment than go through the mess about with court proceedings (I hadn't got around to filing a claim yet, so I saved myself a court fee there). It completely clears what we owe, with some extra cash left over :D

I'm over the moon with this, I only sent the LBA on 23rd March. Unlike my ongoing slog with Nat West which is about to go into it's fifth month...:D

Also, the extra £28 comes from BT setting up a DD on that account in error (I'd given details of our other bank account...); BT have refunded that charge, so that's a double bonus in my book ;) ;)

CONGRATS..!!

Its great when they settle easily.

Happy spending.....:D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Heh thanks! Yes I'm over the moon, I acually did a little dance in the living room when I read the letter :D

I was going to file a claim at the court on Friday (pay day...) and get settled in for the long slog but this was just great!

Good luck with yours!

:p