Innocent vs Monument (Barclays) CONTRACTUAL INTEREST

innocent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Innocent,

Seems i'm in the same boat as you! Monument have hammered me for the interest. Just waiting for my court date and instructions from the Judge. This interest thread has been a big help for me, Glenn UK is good to see someone who has won Contractual.

will keep you up to date

cheers

JS1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what can I say "ladies and gents"

Many MANY thanks for your words of wisdom and encouragement.... :D

glennUK thanks for checking over my threads and u can understand why I messaged you to view the 2 alternative POC's :) .Nice to know you beat barclaycard at contractual and monument = barclays!!!!

red death.... hijacking? who? Write all day in my thread; we are all in the same boat, and I like ur POC ideas :) .... I think to claim costs (eventually) you need to be out of the small claims arena.... over 5k which ur claims are....

js1 glad you found my thread :) and in turn I will browse and no doubt learn from yours....

(Been a bit busy :rolleyes: and due up in 5 hours :eek: .... will start my claims by the end of the week, as now due)

runnycustard..... lovely name!

poc = particulars of claim; its the major part of the court paperwork you fill in at the beginning of the legal proceedings. I would suggest you read the FAQs about the process and read as many threads as possible... and I (well "we" all will) help where and when we can

Thanks all

Innocent

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Hi

I'm getting all rather confused over this - I've just had a letter from monument offering half which I will refuse... or should I say I will accept a this as a partial refund only??? does that mean they add that to my account now? plus I'm not sure what to say in my 3rd letter - do I mention that I will commence court procedings in 14 days?

and what is a POC - as you can see I have no idea about this sort of stuff! :eek:

Sorry runnycustard.....

it is common place for monument to offer half (or think they are)....

...accept it as a partial refund and give them 14 further days...

...they wont add it to your account automatically; they will refuse your offer of only a partial settlement (in common with me) :rolleyes:

...but hey... if you go to court; "you have done all you can to resolve the matter before court proceedings"; and look good in front of the judge!

Your 3rd letter should read something like my reply in this thread.... basically "thanks; partial settlement only; give u 14 days to pay this and remaining amount; then court proceedings".... again their are example letters in the template and FAQs library

runnycustard........ ask loads of questions now before you commence legal proceedings :wink:

Sorry if I appear rushed... must sleep

Cheers

Innocent :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

MONUMENT VISA

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Innocent,

Someone actually claimed back costs from Abbey. £9.63 (ish) for a total of 49 hours. Don't have the link here with me at the moment as I am at work, but i'll post it when I get home.

Another nice little "earner"

FWIW

There are quite a few people who have claimed costs, not just asgainst abbey. The rate is 9.25 per hour.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Red Death

my costs against abbey came to £472.79 @ 9.25/hour that comes to a little bit over 50 hours i think and my court fees were on top of this amounting to another 350.

In truth the number of hours is irrelevant, getting the bank to pay a claimants legitimate costs is or should be par for the course under the right circumstances.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Very nice Glenn. Could I ask how you set your costs out? Was it a straightforward "total costs = £472.95" or did you go into any detail, i.e 6 letters @ 1 hour each for example?

Also if you dont mind, how did it end up costing £350 in court fees? Any detailed explanation would be greatly appreciated.

I wont hijack ths thread any further, ill post a summary of what i claimed on Glenn Vs Abbey if it helps.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thanks you two.....

(been really busy this week)

Hope to catch up with all your thoughts and suggestions soon :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

MONUMENT VISA

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Hi Everyone

Sorry to hijack this thread but Im not sure how to start a new one.

Please could someone help me with a query I have???

I have an account with Monument which I haven't used in years. However, I owe them over £1000, although my limit was £250. This is due to charges that they keep putting on my account.

I have sent away my request for statements and I know that I can claim back charges I have paid. But can I tell them to take the charges off my account that have built up?? If they done this then I wouldn't owe them anything and I could close the account down.

Thanks for your help

Thanks you two.....

No problem, that's what we are here for. I am also claiming exemplary charges for stress and anguish. Worked with Capital One as they have sent me a final offer. They haven't included admin costs so I might refuse and go for an extra £100.

Ok Tracy....

I doubt they will just take the charges off. You will have to fight for them. Eventually they will settle and take it off the total, play it well you might make an extra couple of quid.

My advice, send away for the statements and in the meanwhile read read and read some more. The better prepared you are the smoother it will all go. Oh and lastly, welcome to the forum.

Here are a couple of links to get you going.

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

You'll then find all the templates you need here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

You'll also find this very useful;

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

You'll then need to start your own thread.

HOW TO START YOUR OWN THREAD:

You get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of threads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....group-against/

2/ Find your Bank, click on the bold blue name of Bank

3/ Go to the bit that says "Forum tools" and click on it.

4/ Click Subscribe to Forum. It will ask you how often you want to recieve updates ( daily I found is best)

5/ Then it will redirect you once you've subscribed.

6/ then click on "Forum tools" again, and choose "Post new thread"

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "yourname vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

8/ Then hopefully people will visit and post/subscribe etc.

• Haha 1

Many many thanks for your reply.

I got a list of overlimit and late fees from Monument today. The amount comes to £1008.

Im still not too sure what to do about this.... I think I will print off the template letter on this site and see what happens.

I dont have £1008 to give them jus to ask for it back!!!!

Do you think I should add up the contractual interest as well? I dont want to be greedy, I would be quite happy if they just took these fees off and cleared my account. That way I could close it and be done with them. However, I know that isn't going to happen.

Ive looked over this site and moneysavingexpert but I cant see any similar queries.

Tracy:-?

Ok, tracy, first thing's first, you really do need to start your own thread. That way people will be able to find you and advise you on your claim. If you want send me a pm once you have set up your thread so that I can find it and i'll guide you along the way. I only charge 25% of the total claim (kidding)!

I wouldn't advise you to go for the contractual interest rate. I didn't with my credit card company but thinking about it for my bank. It is much more complicated, and for the amount you are claiming it won't make a huge difference.

If you have all of your statments then you can move on to your preliminary letter. If not time for a SAR request. In your prelim letter you are only asking for the charges back, interest only gets added at the court stage. Don't worry though, you will get the chance to add interest as they will definetly say no to your charges. BIG SURPRISE!!!

So, I'll walk you through it all but you really need to start your own thread. As I said, send me a pm once you have and I will be able to advise you through it all. Good luck, if you stick to your guns and do things properly you willl get it all back and be able to get them off your back.

Ciao

• 3 months later...

Hi

I know i have put this on another thread but i'm after as much advice as possible.

Right its crunch time!! Had a call from litigation this morning offering all my charges back! They said they cannot pay me back my contractual interest! This is a large amount of money.

1. Is it a blag?

2. I have a court date, if it goes to court will i get conractual back?

3. Has anyone won contractual of a large amount.

Any help would be great as its about to come to a end.

cheers

JS1

Hi,

I spoke to Kate in the litigation team, I was about £4400, then added interest it was over a grand more. They never even suggested to do it withiout the interest, so if you have done everything by the book and have a court date I would say thanks, but no thanks and continue with your court date. Ring them and tell them what you are going to do - without hesitation and Ibet they come back and offer everything - they settled mine on Monday.........

Good luck, would be interested to see how you get on........

Hi :D

Please see:

Contractual Interest - precedent lost

Ok...... if it goes to court you will win only the charges, plus overdraft interest +8%

and potentially IMHO I would continue if you have not been offered this too date........

IFFFFF you have been offered all of the above then IMHO you have some serious thinking to have to decide.....

I have an ongoing Lloyds case where I am asking for CI and hope to win via default because Lloyds are making so many delaying mistakes and tactics

People have won large sums of money with CI but this was before the precedent was set above

Money has been short and I have not continued this monument claim at the moment but will resume this shortly....... I too have some serious thinking to do with regards to whether this is a CI claim

Innocent :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

MONUMENT VISA

NATWEST BUSINESS