Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey Poppy,

if you go to the Template Library and click on 6. Interest Calculation Sheets and then you use England Simple excel sheet and you simply write over whats there with your details, really easy when you know how and start doing it and then you'll always be up to date!:)

I started using the moneysaving expert one but find the ones on this site much better

• Haha 1

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking!!! I know dangerous!:grin:

When its all decided how much the banks can legally charge, and I've already had my money (this is way in the future) are the banks entitled to write to me requesting the amount thats deemed legal on each paid referral? Not sure if this makes sense, but know what I mean.

Sorry about this question, just wondering!

Does anyone possibly know the answer to this question?

err right bear with me on this.

a mate in works missus works for RBS and they have been told that if the OFT cap bank charges at 12 or 13 quid and you start a claim they will refund the difference of the charge.

so if you were claiming back 30 quid they would deduct the new charge of 12 quid and pay you back 18.

now i don't know if this is what all the banks are gonna do and wether it's legal or not but that's the rumour i've heard.

hope that made sense.

by the way the money should be in my account today or tomorrow.

and i have just won £100 in a newspaper crossword comp.

heh heh things are looking up.

good luck with yours.;)

I know bookworm started a thread about this for anyone who was worried. (can't remember where the thread is now) My understanding is that you still have the right to claim the whole amount. Same as credit cards which were capped last year, they will try to pay the difference but people are still getting the whole amount. I believe this is because this is only a recommendation by OFT.

If I'm wrong please anyone correct me.

HTH

madhouse5:)

I think you are right madhouse because the banks still won't be able to stand up in court and justify 12/13 pounds for sending a letter.

23/02/07 Request for payment sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

08/03/07 Standard Letter from Barlclays saying they are looking in to my complaint received

13/03/07 Letter before action sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

27/03/07 Partial offer of £1255 received

29/03/07 MCOL submitted

Hi, I asked the same question a few weeks ago, I was told that they applied the £12 cap to credit card charges some time ago and it has made no difference to people claiming their full amounts from credit card companies. Bottom line is the banks don't want people to know how much they make from doing it and so are willing to pay through their piggy little noses to protect their little money making machines!!!!!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Your welcome, good luck with your shopping when you win!!!!!:D

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

I think you should offer to buy him as a slave for the day and make him carry the lot whilst wearing nothing but a gimp suit, you could call it "unpaids out" :lol:

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Thanks Tori, so you mean I can use and update this spreadsheet even though I have submitted my claim with a specific amount of interest? Also do I need to send the court and the bank the schedule of charges now even though they haven't asked for them? Sorry to be a pain but i've never done this before!!!

Thanks for your help

Poppy

POPPY07

Morning Poppy!

The spread sheets will up date automatically each day.

Sorry Poppy can't remember where you're at, have you filed with MCOL or done the N1 form yet, because if you have then send 2 copies to the courts and then once the claim has been 'acknowledged' then send a copy to Barclays, if you look I think page 3 of my thread GuidoT has given me template letters to use which you just need to copy and paste. Don't worry about the bundle yet we're still a long way from that!

Hope that helps Poppy just write back if you're confused with what I've put!:)

Sorry just read your post again, don't think I answered your first question when you send the charges to the court, I think mum of 3 said to me that you restart your computer and set the date on your computer for the day you submitted to MCOL or N1 and the spread sheets will be for that day with the right amount of interest charges for what you put on your claim

Thanks Tori, what i'm confused about tho is because I have submitted my claim using mcol plus I gave a figure for interest at the same time using my original moneysavingexpert schedule of charges, will it matter that my claim is going to change if I submit these new interest spreadsheets? Not sure if that makes sense!!

Thanks

POPPY07