Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fair enough! its just that I was wondering whether I was likely to get a second offer before the N1 (sshhh) deadline expires...or whether Ive had one and thats all Im going to get until 2 weeks before the court date!

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Hi tori, glad all is going well for you! I'm a couple of days behind you now!!!! ha ha!

On the subject of more than one offer - did actually get a 'second chance' to accept their initial offer before MCOL - they sent me a letter which said that they know I want it all, but it's not the banks policy to give it, so would I like to reconsider taking the goodwill gesture?

erm...no!

Anyway, I'm at MCOL stage now, and waiting! I agree with innocent on timing, I would expect my claim to be settled some time in mid to late June - depending on how busy my local court is...and how busy Barclays claims department are at the time!!!!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Busy?!!! They are positively chaotic in their office!!!!:D

Nice to hear off you Peter as its been ages, hope you had a nice birthday.

Sounds like your claim is coming along nicely - mines pretty much like yours, no surprises just the waiting for them to pay up - which we all know they will, just a matter of time!!!:)

In my humble opinion; you only get ONE offer!

And the basic 'rule of thumb' is once you receive a court/hearing date (of any sort) start contacting Barclays politely asking them if they want to settle.... eventually "in the mist of the chaos" they will...

In my case they settled Friday, and I still had to attend the court on the Monday (before the cheque arrived)....

....and just so you can start planning now (for June) .... its handy to have a fax machine, for those last minute PANIC settlement letters from them

:D :D :D :D :D

• Haha 1

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

ta for that, i guess i'll keep you informed.

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Please do :D

About to start my second claim against Barclays (the Monument credit card)....

so we should have similar timescales

We can keep each other informed ;)

Innocent

• Haha 1

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Hey!

I got my Notice of Issue from Northampton County Court, but I take it nearer the time they will pass me on to my local county court? Also its states that the defendant has until the 31st March to reply - what do I do in the meantime is it just wait until then or should I be preparing my court bundle? I am right in thinking that on the 31st they could file an acknowledgement and then I have to wait 28 days?! Sorry that these questions seem pretty obvious but I just want to make sure that I totally understand the next stages!:)

Should get transferred to your local court. Would not prepared court bundle yet - you have a few months yet, next stage is usually AQ, see the links below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html

Expect Acknowledgement around 30th and then full defence around 14 days later.

I take it you filed using MCOL, therefore send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours faithfully

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thanks GT! That was everything I needed to know! On the bottom of your post and I've seen it on others - If I've been helpful click on my scales - you've been a great help so how do I click on your scales!!:D

Thanks again

• Haha 1

Sorry another quick question the schedule of charges I send - are they a complete up-to-date one as it will be a little bit more than when I sent my claim last Friday? Or do I just photocopy the charges that equated to the amount I put on MCOL?

Made me laugh.

At the bottom left of a post you will find scales like this user_invisible.gifreputation.gif report.gif.

I think you will be okay with the rest.

hover the cursor over the scales in the bottom left corner of GT's post, and it will say 'Add to GT's reputation' then click it!

simple as that!!

HTH x

Sorry did not answer your question, do not update the charge schedule, it should tie in with the sums you have claimed, photocopy is fine.

• Haha 1

Erm, slight problem!

I thought I had photocopied the bank charges when I did MCOL but I didn't, and the interest has gone up each day, and I don't know how to amend the sheet to change the amount of days since offence, so the amount of the schedule that I send MCOL matches the amount I put in my claim with them.:???:

Any ideas?????

Well Done Dickeggsy!!! When do you get your cash?

Just so I've got it right - it doesn't matter too much that the charges I send to MCOL does not match what I said on my online application?

But then I suppose they can see that I did say it would go up .33p each day in interest

Hi there, just joined! I too was wondering about that. I have submitted my claim via mcol, giving them total of charges plus interest as I have added it to my claim since the beginning, I have has an acknowledgement of service and Barclays have 28 days to file a defence. However the whole process is longer than I thought it would be, and they owe me more interest now! Yay!!! Was just about to photocopy my schedule of charges so I could send them to court and Barclays, but then I read this!!! Can I redo the charges speadsheet so that the interest is up to today's date? Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

POPPY07

Hey Poppy!

The spreadsheets I have, have calculated the interest to todays date, so each day the interest goes up automatically.

Which spread sheets did you use? Was it vampiress sread sheets in the templates?

Guest Mumofthreeboys

The spreadsheets are designed to update the interest automatically when you open them and that is fine to send one with today's date on, but if you would like to send it with another date just change the date on your PC and then open the spreadsheet.

I've been thinking!!! I know dangerous!:D

When its all decided how much the banks can legally charge, and I've already had my money (this is way in the future) are the banks entitled to write to me requesting the amount thats deemed legal on each paid referral? Not sure if this makes sense, but know what I mean.

Sorry about this question, just wondering!

Hi there, thanks for your responses, I used the spreadsheet on moneysavingexpert.com, which ones are you talking about? Think I'd be better off using the same ones as you!!

Thanks Poppy

POPPY07