Anybody come across LDK Security?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are correct, just ignore.

As for those yellow lines, as they presumably on private ground, they have no basis in law. So you have done nothing illegal.

from what daveydavey is saying about teh council issuing wearning letters, this would suggest the DYLs are in fact on public highway and not on private land.

In that case LDK and and should be completely ignored. davey may wish to report their actions to the council as it could very easily be perceived as fraud, i.e. they are attempting to charge people for parking on a public highway without any such authority to do so.

As an aside, if you have received a warning from the council regarding this no parking area, you may have to take greater notice of this then you do of LDK.

Tonight i've recieved a £60 fine rising to £90 after 14 days and £140 after 28 days "to cover administrative costs".

You have not received a 'fine', you have received a begging letter.

To make it clear, I know I am in the wrong. But what gives the LDK group the right to charge people for parking on public highway double yellow lines? It's like a private group walking along St.Mary's way issuing fines?icon_confused.gif

They can't.

Surely this area is out of LDK's control.

Correct

So I do plan to appeal the fine,

Don't waste your time or money.

Am I really OK ignoring this?

Yes

Really good work guys, thanks for any replies.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

My car was clamped ages ago, unlawfully. I had a ticket too, they just clamped it for no reason. They demanded the payment on the spot £120.

Ive written to them quite few times now but with no response at all! The one of the letters came back saying that this address doesnt exist. Then i found the supposedly right one and still had no reply.

What shall i do?? Its redicilous!!

Hi....yea sure. Basically i parked in Lidl car park, bought a ticket, and came back within the time on the ticket, but found my car clamped.

And the weird thing is that on the notice blank it said that it was issued at 11:30, when i have actually entered the park at 11:45. I think they wrote it out for someone else and then i happened to park near, so they put it on my car. The clamp blank looks weird itself, see attached. The made me pay on the spot £125 for release of clamp. I still have the ticket that shows that i did not overstay or anything else. I was very suprised to receive it and was trying to prove my point by showing the ticket, but the guy completely ignored me and said that its all done and cant be sorted without pay, i can appeal if i want to.

I did.....5 times, but heard nothing from them. In the end, i found their email address and emailed them, and still no reply. I called them, i wrote to them and i emailed them.......is there anyway of getting through to them now?

LDK Clamp notice and ticket.jpg

i recently had a run in with ldk and am looking for advice.

basically i got a £90 ticket for not parking within the lines of a space. i wasn't aware that there were any markings as the block paving was wet and all looked the same colour. so i parked between 2 other vehicles but one of them was parked in 2 'spaces' so i ended up between 2 as well.

however i returned to the car park 2 days later to double check the lines were visible and found workmen painting on new lines to mark the spaces!! so surely this proves they were difficult to see?

my dilemma is whether to follow the overwhelming consensus on here and just ignore the ticket. the citizens advice bureau told me that debt collection agencies can get out of hand and i could end up owing hundreds of pounds, so i was advised to write to ldk to appeal, enclosing my photo of the parking bay and threatening to contact local newspapers etc and the bpa. i am aware that in doing so i would make sure not to admit i was driving etc...

so what to do? if i ignore them will i end up in trouble with debt collectors? is it worth the hassle? are they likely to act on my appeal?

thx in advance for your help...:-)

I am in the process of ignoring a ticket from LDK after following the advice on here. I have had the first letter from Graham White solicitors and if true to form the next one will be arriving any day. It was a £90 ticket which went up to £140 when Roxburghe debt collectors first wrote to me and now on the solicitors letter it states at the top amount due £140 and then further down additional charges of £207 or thereabouts. My 'fine' was given because i didn't have a ticket because the ticket machine wasn't working but i clearly had a notice in my windscreen stating this.

When it happened back in October i telephoned the Citizens Advice Bureau for advice and they told me to contact them to appeal but also said that if it did go to court i would have a good case. But instead i took the advice on here and am holding my nerve without too much worry.

When it happened back in October i telephoned the Citizens Advice Bureau for advice and they told me to contact them to appeal but also said that if it did go to court i would have a good case. But instead i took the advice on here and am holding my nerve without too much worry.

Just shows where you get the better advice. :D

. the citizens advice bureau told me that debt collection agencies can get out of hand and i could end up owing hundreds of pounds, so i was advised to write to ldk to appeal,

Just shows that those persons who are supposed to support the citizen really don't know what they are talking about .

They should just admit they don't know what you should do rather than give such stupid advice.

regards

I did.....5 times, but heard nothing from them. In the end, i found their email address and emailed them, and still no reply. I called them, i wrote to them and i emailed them.......is there anyway of getting through to them now?

Have a read of the clamping guide.

Sue the landowner and the clamper jointly. The landowner details can be obtained from the land registry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I got a phonecall from Graham and White Solicitors (Rebecca).

Firstly I was asked to confirm my address, I didn't refuse but asked why? and whom it was in connection with, (Rebecca) wouldnt confirm who it involved and since I have no reason a solicitor would be contacting me I asked where Graham and White Solicitors were based. SURREY! I live in Middlesbrough so knew the only connection must be LDK Security.

I asked if it was to do with LDK, (Rebecca) was unsure how to answer, I immediately realised it was LDK. (hope it wasn't too late.)

(Rebecca) then went on to ask if I was the owner of the car and stated Reg. I denied being the owner (as I dont believe I am). I ended the conversation immediately and put phone down.

I am now left full of rage following the call.

I have followed the advice given on the website and thought LDK would give up persuing me. The ticket happened early December 2009 and they have been trying to make contact since. I will still confidently go to court if they want to take this route.

Am I right in thinking the resident who's flat I was visiting pays council tax or Middlesbrough Council do. Do LDK pay Counicl Tax on the area of the flats which they operate or do they rent the land from the Council? Otherwise how can they issue parking tickets?

Homegroup the landlord of these flats said they would contact LDK on my behalf to appeal parking ticket, LDK obviously haven't took any notice.

Shall I keep on ignoring?

Today I got a phonecall from Graham and White Solicitors (Rebecca).

Firstly I was asked to confirm my address, I didn't refuse but asked why?

If they call again, tell them they must go through YOUR security to continue the call before you will answer any of their questions, then make up the most ridiculous questions you can think off, they will soon get the idea.

regards

just an update to my situation with LDK. On my last post i was at the stage of receiving my first letter from Graham White solicitors. My second letter from Roxburghe debt collectors was dated 27th Jan giving me 7 days to pay before it was passed onto solicitors and the letter from solicitors was dated 2nd Feb not 7 days. Now it is more than 7 days since letter from solictors and haven't received the second letter from them (yet) as expected. Have they given up now or are they just so useless that they don't do anything right.

a little bit concerned about them ringing people up about this as stated in a previous post. Suppose i just have be on my guard in case this happens.

What is the legal position for LDK? I had a PCN from them in Dec. and just received a bill from Roxburghe to par£140 within 7 days.

There is no "legal position" with LDK. Don't forget they are not the police or the council. They are just private individuals, just like you or me. Anybody can set themselves up as debt collectors without any qualifications.

Just ignore them and they will eventually lose interest in you.

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved my final notice today from Graham White Solicitors requesting immediate payment. The letter also mentioned Bailiffs, but I am aware bailiffs cannot visit your home unless my case has been to court. Still 100% keen to go to court to submit my case. The notice also advised me not to ignore the letter as this will not resolve or remove the debt.

I recieved my final notice today from Graham White Solicitors requesting immediate payment. The letter also mentioned Bailiffs, but I am aware bailiffs cannot visit your home unless my case has been to court. Still 100% keen to go to court to submit my case. The notice also advised me not to ignore the letter as this will not resolve or remove the debt.

The usual rubbish. People have had the identical letter months threatening "immediate action" but nothing ever comes of it.

I don't see how these people can sleep at night, sending out these threatening letters.

. The notice also advised me not to ignore the letter as this will not resolve or remove the debt.

No debt has been established so how can it be resolved or removed.

regards

can any one give me any information on how i stand with LDK unfair parking fines,yesterday i was parked at hsbc maingate team valley and got a ticket for obstructive parking,it states on their sign that a ticket will be given for parking on the double red lines or the disabled bays,I was not parked on neither,the place that i was actually parked did not have any no parking signs in place.The van that i had is a hire van that the company i work for has hired.Also i keep a drivers log of when the vehicle stops & starts,i stopped the van at 10:15am and left it for 6min, when i got back to the van i found the ticket on it & the time on it was 10:15am, I didn't see any wardens about when i left the van,he must have had the ticket already done before i left the van and waited for me to leave,I think this person should have asked me to move instead of hiding, (dose anyone know if there is a min/max time limit for parking before aticket is given)