Anybody come across LDK Security?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If that threat has come in a letter from Sobell (or Graham White) then it is wholly misleading and could not reasonably be interpreted as anything else. You should definitely complaint to the SRA (Solicitors Regulating Authority) and, if you can, post the letter here so we can all see the con.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I will see if I can scan the letter at work, then I'll post on here asap... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's last letter telling me they may instruct Bailiffs!!

LDK-1.jpg

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/LDK-1.jpg

I have since received another 'Final Notice', and would you believe it - the penalty charge has reduced to £140.00!!! Wow, I got a reduction for ignoring them.

They are getting very threatening now! Lol.... They state 'They will not go away...... Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!

I have since received another 'Final Notice', and would you believe it - the penalty charge has reduced to £140.00!!! Wow, I got a reduction for ignoring them.

Is this the latest letter you got?

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rpp9co.jpg

Very well-known letter chain with scanned pics on several forums, I got this one from the Central Ticketing section on this MSE 'example PPC threatograms' thread:

PPC Letters/Threats: What to Expect (please add your own) - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

The sad news for you is that they may not love you any more and might not write again. You'll miss them now they're gone! That thread suggests that the final warning letter is the last.

But you never know, you may be lucky enough to get an extra letter from PCS Ltd rambling on about the debt (what debt, LOL, was there a credit agreement somewhere?) and saying that this 'debt' has been purchased. See the NCP letter chain links for a preview of that beauty.

Be happy that you have cost them money and thanks to them you now know that you can park in almost any private car park whenever you fancy (just check it for clamping signage!! and if none present then off you go to that footie match for 3 hours, or into town shopping...the possibilities are endless!).

Is this the latest letter you got?

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rpp9co.jpg

Very well-known letter chain with scanned pics on several forums, I got this one from the Central Ticketing section on this MSE 'example PPC threatograms' thread:

Bingo! That is the last letter - so far...... It'll be interesting to see what comes next!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

A car got a parking ticket. There is a valid excuse of parking and going to get change for the meter. The times could be confirmed if needed. It was less than 10 minutes.

The thing is the PARKING CHARGE states

Issue Reason: REASON0002

No Ticket

Not Parked Wholly Within Bay

The difference here is that because there was a Parking Charge on the car after the driver returned with change no ticket was purchased as the driver decided to leave immeiately.

Does an appeal have to be put in writing and then request photographic evidence?

The charge is from LDK

http://www.ldkgroup.co.uk/

You are taking this far too seriously, any appeal will be ignored, you are being more than generous describing any photographs as 'Evidence', evidence of what? A parked car, how is that eveidence?

You are best just ignoring the whole thing otherwise the will just keep writing to you with ever more threatening letters.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi,

A car got a parking ticket. There is a valid excuse of parking and going to get change for the meter. The times could be confirmed if needed. It was less than 10 minutes.

The thing is the PARKING CHARGE states

Issue Reason: REASON0002

No Ticket

Not Parked Wholly Within Bay

The difference here is that because there was a Parking Charge on the car after the driver returned with change no ticket was purchased as the driver decided to leave immeiately.

Does an appeal have to be put in writing and then request photographic evidence?

The charge is from LDK

http://www.ldkgroup.co.uk/

Could I just ask for further reassurance on this issue.

I took another look at the car park and it is for the town hall and has a pay and display notice that says that you can get a ticket for not parking between the lines.

You guys seem so sure about this company being a [problem] artist but I don't want to call their bluff but lose out and have to pay the £140 or even more with court costs instead of the initial £60.

It's only been a couple of days and so I am willing to wait until I get their first letter. It says on the ticket that an initial letter will be sent out giving 7 days notice to pay the reduced fine.

Also, if they get the details from the DVLA are they trying to charge the car owner or the driver? I assume that they don't know who the driver of the car is.

Edited by ldkquestion

It's completely safe to ignore their mickey-mouse 'fake PCN'. It's not a real fine or charge, you owe nothing, honestly. There is no established contract with the driver, let alone the registered keeper who they will write to (they don't care that the RK isn't actually responsible).

Stop worrying about it.

Who do these companies think they are - the Police? Well they are not, they are a private company who have no more power to fine anyone than I do. In fact I would park there again if I were you and collect some more of their trash.

Don't appeal! Guess what the answer might be - I'll give you one guess and you'll be right!

The problem is that this country is currently overriden with parasites known as private parking companies who leech off the back of any other successful businesses by ripping off the 'proper' company's customers. And at last the British public is starting to cotton on to the fact that these tickets are unenforceable and just a con.

It's such a common [problem] that almost everyone on this board has had at least one private parking ticket and ignored it (mine was over a year ago). There is no risk in ignoring everything in the absence of sealed, genuine Court papers (which won't come).

Just ignore them and the debt collector letters. You can see a preview of the letters to ignore, in the first post of the first thread on this board on MSE (apologies for linking to another forum but AFAIK the MSE top sticky thread showing the letters gives the best pictorial examples I can provide):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

You (the registered keeper) will just get some free paper aeroplanes (see this Watchdog link to see why that's funny!):

NEVER pay a private parking ticket. Think no more of it apart from to spread the word that only proper parking tickets from the Council or the Police are ever to be taken seriously.

HTH

Hi,

I just got one of these high quality, really official lookign parking notices on the side of my car... Parked at Hartlepool Marina. Arrived at 1.10pm, ticket on for 1.16pm .. expired 3.16 pm. Returned to car at 2.55pm to find a notice on.. even though my parking ticket was on the dashboard! I think it may have curled over a bit so they couldnt see it all or something.. god knows.

I was a bit worried at first, but Im sure i remember reading that these notices are BS and can be ignored - and reading this long thread has just reaffirmed that, so cheers! Ive kept the "invoice" along with my paid ticket ... and I look forward to a barrage of really scary letters from solicitors and the like!!

LDK... kiss my ass!

Swaleso

I've spent the past two days reading through threads, mostly to reassure family members who think they are going to be overloaded with threatening letters, increased costs and heavies or bayliffs. I keep trying to point out to them that LDK have no case as all they can do is sent letters to the RK.

I thought i'd post these comments which helped me confirm my position to them.

First, take note, that it is NOT a fine.

It is an unenforcible [problem] invoice that has no basis in law.

Don't reply to any letters.

Don't email them.

Don't phone them.

Don't write to them.

Just ignore, completely.

The registered keeper will receive a few letters, each threatening more dire consequences than the last.

You may then get a couple of letters from a "debt collection agency". these are written by the person on the next desk.

You may then get a letter fron a "solicitor". This will be written by the tea-boy or office cleaner, depending on whose turn it is.

Eventually they will give up and chase/intimidate some easier victim.

Bear in mind that any claimed contract can only be with the driver of the vehicle. They have no way of proving who the driver was and you are under no legal obligation to tell them, regardless of what they may claim in their letters.

The only person that they can identify is the registered keeper who is not necessarily the owner or the driver.

It is NOT possible to enter into a contract on behalf of a third person.

Ignore everything that they send you.

The only thing that you need to deal with is a court summons bearing a case number and seal, etc.

You have more chance of winning the lottery jackpot, three weeks in a row than receiving one of those.

In the event that you did receive one then post back here and you will be advised how to deal with it and win.

Ignore.

IGNORE.

IGNORE.

Then ignore, some more.

Seriously, here is the advice and reasoning behind it.

Firstly, the advice is ignore them.

Secondly, the reasoning behind this is that they only way they can enforce this charge is by taking you to the county court. This is not only costly but also very time consuming for them. Consequently, the cases that arrive at court are typically less than 1%. The law a private parking company relies on is contract. LDK would have to convince a judge that you saw the signs and that by parking your car had entered in to a contract with them.

The first issue is that they would have to prove that you could have reasonably seen the signs.

The second issue is that it is unlikely that they even have the agency rights to offer parking on the land at a charge.

The third issue is that they can only recover the true cost you have caused them which is probably about 50p.

The fourth issue is that the charge is unlawful within the meaning of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

The fifth issue is that the charge is a penalty at common law and is therefore unenforceable.

The sixth issue is that the paperwork that PPC's often chuck out is so misleading, fraudulent and deceitful that you would need balls of steel to let a judge see it.

I could go on but by now I think you are starting to get a good idea of which side the law is on. Please, please, please do not think that a private parking ticket is anything to do with a Local Authority Penalty Charge Notice - they could not be more different.

Regards,

TFT

As already stated in the above posts ignore, then ignore a bit more, then just keep ignoring.

2 letters from PPC

2 letters (now with red print etc) from DCA

2 letters (we will take your dog,wife or your kids) from supposed solicitor.

The letters get more desperate and dafter as they go along.

then peace and quiet.

dpick

If I was further worried about anything then I would take this advice

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

Yours faithfully

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?119802

But for the moment i'm taking the "Triple I" route ;)

I now just have to stop family members from cracking and paying the fine behind my back!

Thanks for the help and information.

Edited by ldkquestion

Over the weekend I parked accidentally in a disabled bay at the McDonalds carpark in Blaydon. I was issued a ticket by LDK. Now when I say accidentally parked in a disabled bay it did indeed have the wheelchair symbol on the bay (which I didn't noticed when I first parked) BUT the bay was just the standard width of a normal parking bay, not the width you would expect a disabled bay to be. Can I assume just to ignore LDK?

• 1 month later...

An update on my situation.

I haven't heard anything for 2 months and today got a letter from Roxburghe through the post. No letters from LDK about paying the reduced fine or a final notice before being transferred to Debt Collectors etc.

I wonder if they are now just skipping the middle section and going straight to them :D

Also that it has a random amout payable (£148.75) with no idication how it adds up.

I have no intention of paying but it was a surprise.

• 1 month later...

You are near the end of the process now, you may get a final, final chance to send them some money before they give up, bear in mind we are close to christmas and times are gard for the poor ppcs.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Help and reassurance needed!!!

Despite reading all posts I have fallen into the trap of attempting an "appeal", foolishly thinking I could be the one to show them the errors of their ways.

Needless to say, 2 standard "we have found no grounds for your appeal", 1 "Formal demand do not ignore letter" later I have written to the British Parking Authority, and to LDK security Complaint Department.

Basically, a colleague of mine parked in a "Loading Only - 20mins only" layby at a local private car park. We came back 3 mins later to find the PCN for Obstructive Parking, apparently the bay was for large vehicles (no description of what constitutes large other than a small photo on a sign around 10mtrs away with a truck on). I took photos of the vehicle, the sign (damaged) and sent them off. It is a company vehicle and I wasn't driving (as I told him to park there I felt responsible!) I told them they were in breach of the BPA code for failing to provide and maintain signage, as well as failing to consider the appeal properly. Guess what??? Yep, made no difference. I now await the next threat.

2 things, have I got in to deep or will I still be able to start ignoring successfully from now? 2, anyone else who thinks they can change things, DON'T BOTHER.

Thoughts, advice and reassurance would be great at this point.

For a start it's not a the "British Parking Authority" , that last word is actually "Association". The BPA has no official standing ( unlike Ofom or Ofgem), it's just a trade association for the parking "industry". Secondly lines and road marking on private property have no official standing . So from now on just ignore them and nothing will happen to you.

Edited by DBC

LDK ticketed me in november for obstructive parking when I wasn't parked obstructively at all (is that even a word?)... today I've received the scary roxburghe debt collectors letter with lots of black and red writing..

I'll be taking crem's advice after reading what everyone else has said "Do not write to them, Do not telephone them, Do not respond to their [problem]voices, Do not pay them" - they're getting nothing from me...

I normally use a nice nickname for my forum names but after reading the sticky in this subsection about PPC's trawling and trolling these forums for info on specific cases, I've decided to go with TFU crew" as it has a nice ring to it :)

thanks to everyone who's posted in this thread over the past few years - I'm glad I googled around before making any kind of payment or they'd have probably taken more than was due!

When I've got time I'll have a read through the rest of the CAG forums as it seems a very friendly and helpful place :)

thanks again, TFU crew xxx

p.s. is there any way of bringing these firms down at all? Has anyone started a petition on the number 10 website or thought of a constructive way to waste as much of the PPCs' time as possible?

Edited by HSBCrusher
bad language