Money off from PowerGen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently a PowerGen customer.

Just thought Id post to say that I visited PowerGens website today, and got a quote based on my useage (Gas and Electric).

I did this and got the results, then registered on their website.

The results turned out to be lower than Im paying at the moment, so when I registered on their site, there is a freephone number to ring to see if you can get a better deal.

I phoned and told them that they had quoted me a better tarrif as if I was not one of their customers, and without batting an eyelid, they put me on it. A saving of over £100 per year.

I hope this is useful to people who have tried to switch, only to have to pay off sometimes quite large bills to get away from their existing supplier.

PG....:wink:

Is it the online tariff that they've put you on? If it is, just make sure you keep an eye on the bills they send you, cos personally I've found them quite expensive.

I used to be with Npower, paying £35pm to cover both gas and electric. After checking out USwitch it showed that Powergens dual fuel online tariff would work out cheaper for me. I started off paying £40pm to cover both, thinking that I would get in front on my bills, but it wasn't covering it [i even give regular meter readings, so they weren't estimated and I'm not using anymore gas/electric than previously]! I ended up increasing my dd to £45pm in Nov, after having a couple of 'shortfalls' on my bill. Even this hasn't covered it.

I've just changed to Scottish powers online tariff cos one of the comparison sites reckons they'll be cheaper for me - just hope this works!

PJ

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.