Smila V Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:x:x

Sent letter to Halifax on 20.02.2006 still no reply.

Checked account today and Halifax credit card have taken £8.70 (the balance was only £8.74 out of account due to arears on credit card.

By the way this is my Husband credit card, who works out of the country. the balance on the cc account was £231.55 the min payment was £15.61. my Husband wrote a Cheque for £50 which bounced due to unforceen circs. I have spoke to CC and informed them that he will be back soon, and he will pay arears then. But also received CC statement and they are going to charge £20.00 unpaid Cheque Fee, Payment reversal £50.00 and Late Fee £25.00.

OH MY GOD I am FURIOUS!!!! :evil:

So Halifax Credit Card DDP Letter goes of today as well as one to Northern Rock (who want £10.00 for each statement) :evil: :twisted:

:x:x

Sent letter to Halifax on 20.02.2006 still no reply.

Checked account today and Halifax credit card have taken £8.70 (the balance was only £8.74 out of account due to arears on credit card.

By the way this is my Husband credit card, who works out of the country. the balance on the cc account was £231.55 the min payment was £15.61. my Husband wrote a Cheque for £50 which bounced due to unforceen circs. I have spoke to CC and informed them that he will be back soon, and he will pay arears then. But also received CC statement and they are going to charge £20.00 unpaid Cheque Fee, Payment reversal £50.00 and Late Fee £25.00.

OH MY GOD I am FURIOUS!!!! :evil:

So Halifax Credit Card DDP Letter goes of today as well as one to Northern Rock (who want £10.00 for each statement) :evil: :twisted:

I'm sorry to hear that Donna - breathe deeply & try not to let 'em get under your skin (incredibly hard, I know!)

If there's any justice in the world, it'll all be headed back into your pocket again soon, and with 8% interest too...

Lucy.

P.S. On a side-note, it looks like I'm not the only one suddenly getting *very* hot on opening statements as soon as they arrive - or is it just that anything coming through the letterbox in a Halifax typeface just got *much* more interesting?

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

I'm sorry to hear that Donna - breathe deeply & try not to let 'em get under your skin (incredibly hard, I know!)

If there's any justice in the world, it'll all be headed back into your pocket again soon, and with 8% interest too...

Lucy.

P.S. On a side-note, it looks like I'm not the only one suddenly getting *very* hot on opening statements as soon as they arrive - or is it just that anything coming through the letterbox in a Halifax typeface just got *much* more interesting?

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

thanks you two

feel better this morning, went to a friends last night, got a wine head this morning and have got to be at work in 20 mins, I ill have to wait until 4.30 to see what postman has for me? by the way the four friends I was with last night will all be visiting this site today!!

Lucycat will be in touch soon!

Dave stay of the fags if I can do it so can you 17 days for me. :D

Donna xx

thanks you two

feel better this morning, went to a friends last night, got a wine head this morning and have got to be at work in 20 mins, I ill have to wait until 4.30 to see what postman has for me? by the way the four friends I was with last night will all be visiting this site today!!

Lucycat will be in touch soon!

Dave stay of the fags if I can do it so can you 17 days for me. :D

Donna xx

HI

I know this was in another thread but It does not seem to be answered.

I posted my first letter to the bank last Monday. The letter was the one that was in the library which gave 7 days to pay or if they refused I wanted statements from January 2000 under DPA, I have not received a reply as yet. Should I presume they are not going to pay and I chase it up with a telephone call or send a second letter, or wait until 40 days under DPA.

Also is Charges as Notified acceptable on a statement

Donna37

The letter which you used has been changed as it left people in an ambigous position. Send them a letter now pointing out that as they have not repsonded, the DPA request is effectiive and has been running since XXDATEXX and that you expect the information within another XX days.

No, to the same address. make sure that it does refer to your earlier one. Even include a copy of your earlier one with the original date on it.

Thank You

I have another four actions going two more with Halifax, (they are going to love me!) I went in to Branch today for one account to ask for statements, I was in and out in two minutes, with a no problem they will be with you in 7-10 days they did not want payment or request letter I had prepared, I will keep my fingers crossed. The others are Northern Rock and Lloyds

Will keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD, YOU ARE HIJACKING SOMEONE ELSE'S, WHICH MAKES IT HARD TO FOLLOW. THANKS.

Hi,

I

which was actually my CHILDRENS holiday money given to them by grand parents, etc!!

This time they have taken funds from a different account. This account I use to have my employer refunded business expenses paid into so I can pay the bill on my CORPORATE HSBC card. I could be SACKED for non payment!!

I spoke to the collections department who were completely & utterly disgusting in their attitude. When I advised them I could get sacked from my job therefore they would see NOTHING, they said, tough unless I coud "DEMONSTRATE" this. I asked if they wanted a cookery demonstration or they wanted me outside the branch with a large banner, chanting, but got no response!

They spouted that the terms & conditions of the account when I signed up for it (10 years ago!) stated they are authorised to transfer funds at will in the even of none payment!!

SURELY there is not the case & they are stealing money from me to pay another acount as they gave me NO prior notice (said they didn't have to as was part of terms, blah, blah!) nor did they contact me in any way before doing it!

THIS HAS to be UNLAWFUL???

Any ideas?

Hi

Sent letter before action on 28.02.2006 requesting refund of £3182.00 within 14days. I received a letter back yesterday dated 06.03.2006:-

CHARGES

Thank you for your letter date 28.02.2006.

I am sorry you are unhappy with our response and confirm I have referred this matter to customer Relations who will look into this futher.

Should you wish to discuss this in the meantime please contact me on 0161 242 0425

BLA BlA BLA

14 days will be up on 14.03.2006, When I will make a claim to moneywise.

Should I acknowledge the letter they have sent? or wait until 14.03.2006

Donna

Just wait.

And it's moneyclaim - not moneywise

Hello again

Just a few questions:-

I'm busy preparing my claim to moneyclaim, I have looked at the guidance to entering your claim, that you have so kindly supplied.

I don't have a copy of the original contract which would have been signed at least 10 years ago, so don't know the date the contract was signed, Does this matter?

Also money claims notes on interest states:-

The Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the Country Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from XXX to XXX of £XXX and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier at the dailey rate of XXX..

Sorry for being a bit dum but maths was never my best subject. :oops: On the spreadsheat you provide in the library this calculates interest daily. Is this the same.

• 3 weeks later...

HOOOO RAAA

At least I think they have!!

Just checked my account and £4035.86 paid in today, which was the amount of claim. But have not received any letters to confirm this.

I will confirm in Litigation Concluded as soon as confirmed by bank.

I am still very very happy, and Very very proud of myself.

Smila

I am still very very happy, and Very very proud of myself.

And so you should be, on both counts. Well done!!!

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks