TRIXIE V First Direct

TRIXIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd sent a letter to FD before seeing this forum and they told me to 'get lost' in a standard letter which I since reading your posts you have all had too (which made me giggle).

Saturday, I send my letter asking them to send me all my statements as my initial letter only went back 2yrs from the details on-line - which then stood at about £1500.... so now I'm going for the lot, all 6 yrs worth. They should have coughed up sooner now it's going to cost them more!

I'll keep you posted!

Ironically I work for credit card company and it's funny to see that people here are serving papers on them. It grieves me to have to tow the company line and say no to refunding charges - SORRY to all those of you I may have had to do that to :Cry:

Thanks

Trixie :lol:

Hi, ironically you haven't read the T&C's of being on this site ;-)

Employees of banks (and cc companies) MUST let me know that you are here - please email me at dave@bankactiongroup.co.uk with who you work for.

It's completely confidential and it will be deleted after I have read it - this is to protect you, and to protect forum users from bank 'infiltrators'.

You are more than welcome to be here and use the site etc..., but I must know who you work for so I can eliminate your IP address.

Cheers,

Dave.

PS. Good luck with your claim.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

SORRY.... I have just mailed you. As I mentioned I'm at home and won't be using work facilities to attend to private business... there are too many eyes watching all movements.

:oops:

Thanks

No problem, I hope you understand our reasons.

Thank you for emailing - received and will be deleted shortly.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

No of course I understand, and agree 100%... just feel a bit stupid, but then I was! LOL

Thanks

No problem ;-)

You might try clicking the 'donate' button to atone for your sins ;-)

------------

------------

recieved a letter confirming my Data Request and that they won't charge me the £10 - great ta!

Then another letter saying you're still not getting your bank charges back, infact a carbon copy of the very first letter I recieved. Oh but I'm more than welcome to go to the Ombudsman if I wish - Naa rather go to court and get my money back thanks.

Thanks

Recieved all my info today - delivered to next door!!! I opened the account March 1999, However, I only have statements going back to 2003, despite my notes going back to 1999!

I rang this evening explained to a very nice man who didn't have a clue what I was talking about asking for my missing 4 yrs statements if they still have them, otherwise I'll be happy with the 3 to cover my previous 6 years. 'The message will be passed on as the department dealing with them has gone home'

I still have the 40 days from the original request don't I not from today?

Currently I'm at approx £1650 with another 3 years worth to be put on top.

Thanks

Forgot to say ... This site is mentioned in my FD notes!

I wrote to them before finding you all asking for my fees back as they were unlawful etc.... on 30th March in response to it they've written the following...

'LETTER REGARDING FEES, CUSTOMER FEELS UNLAWFUL & EXCESSIVE, CREDIT SERVICES TO RESPOND SPOKE TO XXXXX WHO FEELS IT NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH IN THE SAME WAY AS 'BANK ACTION GROUP' LETTERS'

Looks like FD have a different process dedicated to you all!

WELL DONE, you've got them on the run!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

rec'd the final 3 years statments today. Calaculated what they owe me and written the letter out (well copied & pasted off here) so that is ready to be posted tomorrow.

Once I get to the filing a claim stage and it's been submitted how long in general do the courts take?

Thanks

Not long at all. From filing my claim, I think the money was in my account about a week-and-a-bit later.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

• 2 weeks later...

I've recieved a letter from FD saying, well nothing really, just that the bank have said all they are going to and that's it.

Do I need to wait til the 14days is up before sending my letter before action or can I send it now as they have replied to my initial letter asking for my charges back?

Is this letter another standard repsonse?

thanks

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just getting my claim ready to go on 3rd July whilst I have some time and I've come to this paragraph that has stumped me.....

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from {date when the money became owed to you} to {the date you are issuing the claim} of £ {put the amount} and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of {enter the daily rate of interest}.

Well it's the last part about daily rate of interest, what figure do I put in here?

I;ve looked through threads and FAQ's but can't find anything at the moment that answers this specific question... can someone assist me please?

Also they have charged me another £120 since my LBA I'm ok just to add this to the claim aren't I?

Thanks

I'm just getting my claim ready to go on 3rd July whilst I have some time and I've come to this paragraph that has stumped me.....

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from {date when the money became owed to you} to {the date you are issuing the claim} of £ {put the amount} and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of {enter the daily rate of interest}.

Well it's the last part about daily rate of interest, what figure do I put in here?

I;ve looked through threads and FAQ's but can't find anything at the moment that answers this specific question... can someone assist me please?

Also they have charged me another £120 since my LBA I'm ok just to add this to the claim aren't I?

Yes, just add the £120 to your claim.

The daily rate of interest is your claim x 0.00022

I.e if you're claiming £1000 plus [for example] £10.00 interest, you'd work out the daily interest on just the £1000 (otherwise you'd be charging interest on interest. geddit?)

So, it'd be 1000 x 0.00022 = 22 pence.

Hope this helps!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Oh my god, thanks for the help in filling in my claim, but there was no need. Rec'd a letter from FD yesterday saying ok we'll give you all your money back and waiver the charges going through your account this month, just sign this declaration - which I promtly did & returned - I did do the right thing didn't I?

No court needed and nothing about keeping quiet either. The reason they gave was that it was more cost effective to settle out of court even though they would win anyway... ok whatever FD.

I wonder if this is a new direction they are taking as I was fully expecting to file a claim next Monday.

Not sure what I need to do regarding letting the forum know as I didn't go to court so wouldn't go in the litigation section..

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, I AM REALLY HAPPY. ONCE THE MONEY ARRIVES OF COURSE I'LL MAKE A DONATION.

:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there's been no reply to my letter yet, will have to chase them. I have my umbrella account set up so if they want to close it they can, I'd prefer them not to though.

Thanks

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks