Natwest breach Injunction

whizzkid001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, make this shortish.....they sent a barrister against lil ol me (no surprise there). She made it clear in a chat prior to the hearing that they would NOT wipe out the debt we owe nor pay any compensation/damages......

Inside, as I expected, she completely deflected the issue of their breach at every turn (& succeeded), instead making the issue being trying to get us to agree to a Tomlin order today re the money we owe them.

Unfortunately, turns out the judge too seemed to want some sort of closure on this (4th hearing already) and in doing so, seemed not to want to do anything re penalising their breach, or even hear our reasons for disputing the facts in their Witness Statement!!

So, to cut a long story short, it was a victory, but a hollow one - we got what we always sought, but they got off scott free....

The upshot is that we DID agree to a new Tomlin Order, which effectively gives us everything we had wanted since the start of this, and conversely they too are bound not to default us or disclose any credit info to the CRA's.

There is more I wish I could say presently, but let's just say this is only round 1!

Settled Claims:

Abbey: £4025 Claimed 27/02/06 - Paid in full 19/06/06

NatWest: £4529 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 1/08/06

Halifax: £1150 lba 18/05/06 - Paid in full 07/06/06

Natwest CC: £420 Initial letter 25/07/06 - Paid in full 08/06

Woolwich: £1100 Paid in full 28/2/07 + Default removed

NatWest Pt 2: £1700 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 7/2/07 + Defaults removed

Current Claims:

Abbey Pt 2: £2300 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Alliance & Leicester: £1421 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Refunds pending:

Capital Bank: Swift Advances: Halifax

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey: HSBC

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, it looks like we've had few incidents where judiciary seems not be too bothered by breaches and slipages of the big financial firms...the sharks are still getting off way too easy...what can be done about that..:(

Nevertheless; good show, whizz, you must have been sweating adrenaline. well done!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you got what you went there for - then it was a victory - not SO hollow. I would progress from your cuppa to something a little bit stronger, if that takes your fancy, - relax over the weekend, try & put it to the back of your mind and revisit next week if you feel like it. I think you done GREAT!! More power to people like you who stand up to the big guys, and stand up for your principles.

There will be further very important updates on this matter in the very near future. At this moment in time, I am unable to divulge what :D

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

hey whizz,

what you got remember it must have cost the Nat West in the region of 10K in legal fees so they paid a bit didnt they ?....Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I,m fighting RBOS (same firm really) ( Cobbetts of course)and so far their estimate in legal fees is £7,800 and it hasnt got to court yet!!!!!

sparkie 1723

Did you have to pay any costs? - was this a small claims case??

I was suprised when I was taken to the small claim court last year tht the Judge didn't really care two hoots about the rights and wrongs of the case, Just kept refering to a contract that I had never signed and saying I should have known about it (?) as I had signed a different statement on the back - regarding a different subject!! - I lost and had to pay the costs.

I think some judges just cant be bothered with justice - just the law.......as they interperate it.

So well done wizkid - at least you won...still awaiting the next installment

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

sp

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

• 2 weeks later...
There will be further very important updates on this matter in the very near future. At this moment in time, I am unable to divulge what :D

subscribing -- well done whizz btw--VERY well done

Just hate every DCA out there

subscribing

John

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

I have an injunction in place which stops NatWest from recording or relaying to any 3rd party,

How did you obtain the injunction in the first place?

Was it just a case of filling out the N1 form?

An injunction is not given very lightly by the courts, by it's very nature, any type of injunction is serious and almost only given as the last resort, where clear harm can be shown to be caused if not granted, and when all other avenues are exhausted (except of course in emergency cases of physical harm etc)

In my case, the bank had not only failed to comply with a number of statutory duties and obligations over 6 months, but our circumstances - in being in the middle of a house/mortgage move - were also crucial in persuading the judge to grant it.

For a lot of you, this won't be the case and I would suspect going for an injunction would be either premature or inappropriate and indeed unsuccessful - at least not until every avenue (and there are a number) has been explored and are exhausted, and your particular circumstances warrant the granting of an injunction.

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

I don't doubt it, but as I said above, there is no point in explaining my own circumstances & how I obtained the injunction because it simply won't apply in your case, or anyone else's for that matter, and cannot be used as a sort of template!! I can tell you the form is on N255, not N1.

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

I don't doubt it, but as I said above, there is no point in explaining my own circumstances & how I obtained the injunction because it simply won't apply in your case, or anyone else's for that matter, and cannot be used as a sort of template!! I can tell you the form is on N255, not N1.

I have the same problem as you but much worse. maybe 3 of my hsbc accounts will be closed and i'll get a default for each if u don't tell me.

can u jusgt tell us how you did it and let me decide if it's relevant to my case.

thanks

Listen, feel free to take my advice or not - you are extremely unlikely to get an injunction firstly against account closure/s (not least because they have every right to give you 30 days notice of closure), to my knowledge noone has yet successfully even undertaken or succeeded down this road. Complain to the Ombudsman and let them be fined if they close it as a retalitory measure, fine - but that's vastly different from asking a judge to prevent them doing so, or doing so just to avoid default action!

As far as I'm also aware, I am the only 1 who has successfully been granted an injunction to stop a bank from passing specific Default information, due not only to a number of specific DPA failures by the bank over a 6 month period of time, but then also to a number of very extreme circumstances (moving house and mortgage being only the main one) and at the end of the day I was fortunate to get a very sympathetic judge - most I suspect may not have done.

Don't let me dissuade you from trying if you want to, but your circumstances are wholly different from mine, I cannot 'tell you how I did it' because it simply wouldn't help you - you can't just adapt my circumstances to yours and hope it will work.

I suggest if you're determined to go down this route, speak to a mod who may be able to advise you more generally and to your case specific.

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

your circumstances are wholly different from mine, I cannot 'tell you how I did it' because it simply wouldn't help you - you can't just adapt my circumstances to yours and hope it will work.

Three times he's told you why?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

xfox - you are looking at this from the wrong perspective - whizzkid is doing you a favour and trying to help you! You cannot possibly interchange one case for another. There is loads of advice in the FAQ's and the library/templates etc. It's a self-help site - why are you expecting someone else to tell you exactly what to do? Whizzkid is absolutely right, nothing "fishy" about it whatsoever.

Sorry to get involved on this but I feel I must say something

Whizz may have 'told' him but I don't agree.

Of course xfox can adapt whizz's circumstances to suit. We amend cut & paste POC including draft orders all of the time.

Also Its clear xfox has circumstances in which account closure could cause him grave harm (xfox is the best judge of that not us) & if that be the case the court just 'might' depending on how well he pleads grant a temp injunction.

It's his dime so let him find out lets not prejudge what a judge might or might not do. Members on this site should know better

As for interchanging one case for another not being possible........as I have already stated we do cut & paste all the time.

It's clear to me, at least, that xfox lacks confidence & just wants help in preparing his N255 application

This site is about helping one another so tell him what he wants to know (by pm if necessary) & let him decide