American Express- Update THEY PAID UP WAHEEEY!!!

gomadnomad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I posted my letter last Thursday and they got it on Friday. Called today and asked if they wanted to respond to my letter or if they were happy for me to commence proceeding as detailed in my letter. The nice lady said they had not recieved a letter but when I told her the registered post number it appear as if by magic. The nice lady asked a few questions like why are you claiming this back now? Why did you sign the agreement if you did not intend tio be bound by the T&C? I gave appropiate replies and referred her to my letter. She said that she would speak to someone and that they would call me back by the end of next week. That's fine I said and thank you but i must remind you that as you have failed to respond to my letter in the alloted time I am afraid that the course of action detailed therein will continue to apply namly that a claim for reimbursement will be filed with the court tomorrow. OK the nice lady said i'll call you back at 4PM. And she did ! AT 4PM! Your case is now with the executive commitee and they will respond within the next week. Thats fine I said and thank you but I must remind you that...............................I'll keep you posted :lol::lol:

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

(£509.60amex..£396.31 Halifax credit card....£768.47+£783.99 Halifax current account)

so crooked they use a corkscrew for a ruler!(allegedly)

Hi all, I posted my letter last Thursday and they got it on Friday. Called today and asked if they wanted to respond to my letter or if they were happy for me to commence proceeding as detailed in my letter. The nice lady said they had not recieved a letter but when I told her the registered post number it appear as if by magic. The nice lady asked a few questions like why are you claiming this back now? Why did you sign the agreement if you did not intend tio be bound by the T&C? I gave appropiate replies and referred her to my letter. She said that she would speak to someone and that they would call me back by the end of next week. That's fine I said and thank you but i must remind you that as you have failed to respond to my letter in the alloted time I am afraid that the course of action detailed therein will continue to apply namly that a claim for reimbursement will be filed with the court tomorrow. OK the nice lady said i'll call you back at 4PM. And she did ! AT 4PM! Your case is now with the executive commitee and they will respond within the next week. Thats fine I said and thank you but I must remind you that...............................I'll keep you posted :lol::lol:

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

(£509.60amex..£396.31 Halifax credit card....£768.47+£783.99 Halifax current account)

I think Amex could be one of the more interesting organisations to get caught up in this scandal. They are known for two things:

1) Scandalously high and escallating charges

2) They are one of the few organisations that make people bankrupt for consumer debt. Most huff, puff and threaten but never go through with it but Amex does.

I wonder if there is anyone out there who was made bankrupt by them for a debt that when you strip out the charges was less than the £750 court threshold? If there are such cases then I imagine that Amex are looking at paying back a damn sight more than just the charges and a bit of statutory interest!

I think Amex could be one of the more interesting organisations to get caught up in this scandal. They are known for two things:

1) Scandalously high and escallating charges

2) They are one of the few organisations that make people bankrupt for consumer debt. Most huff, puff and threaten but never go through with it but Amex does.

I wonder if there is anyone out there who was made bankrupt by them for a debt that when you strip out the charges was less than the £750 court threshold? If there are such cases then I imagine that Amex are looking at paying back a damn sight more than just the charges and a bit of statutory interest!

Oh Fek! Thats not what I wanted to hear. I got the feeling on the phone today that whilst they were polite and very professional they are not going to give in easily. Has anyone got anything back from them yet? I guess I'm feeling a bit nervous now but really I don't have a lot to lose do I? I owe them about £2000 and my claim is for £413 with interest comes to £509. I charged them at the 8% as on the spreadsheet but should I reconsider this and charge them at the rate they have charged me on the charges they have levied. To be honest I think they are getting a good deal!

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

Oh Fek! Thats not what I wanted to hear. I got the feeling on the phone today that whilst they were polite and very professional they are not going to give in easily. Has anyone got anything back from them yet? I guess I'm feeling a bit nervous now but really I don't have a lot to lose do I? I owe them about £2000 and my claim is for £413 with interest comes to £509. I charged them at the 8% as on the spreadsheet but should I reconsider this and charge them at the rate they have charged me on the charges they have levied. To be honest I think they are getting a good deal!

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

gomadnomad, I understand your apprehension. I am in the prelim stages with Amex but suspect it will get as far as you. I would very much appreciate it if you could keep this forum updated with your progress. I am no expert so cannot recommend you go ahead with action, but from what I have read, all it requires is confidence.

• 3 weeks later...

Big smiles in my house this morning as a nice cheque from the directors office of Amex Europe came through the door. £509.60! :lol: They made me an offer last week £446 but said that by accepting the cheque and continuing to use the card that this meant that I accepted the terms as fair and reasonable. I called them back to explain that this would not be the case and they had not calculated the interest properly plus as they had dragged thier heels the interest had increased too. I told them 'I have always accepted your t&c and will continue to do so but reserve my right to challange you again with regard to unfair charges. I told them how much i actually wanted and 'OK i'll inform the company lawyers' the nice lady said and the cheque came today. I like many people was a little sceptical about taking on these institutions six weeks ago but it works. If you have any doubts remember we ARE in the right and it IS our money.

Big thanks to Dave and Bankfodder ( voucher on the way) without whom this would not have been possilbe. I'd like to thank my Mum and Dad and everyone who has supported me thruogh this long and tirsome struggle with the opressive ............................................... :lol::lol::lol:

Hopefully lots more posts like this to come

Gomad :lol:

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

And some of that will pay for your trip down to the Smoke!

Yep.... That's what my wife said!

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

Hi,can anyone tell me where to start,i am about to take bradford and bingley on but cant even find the standard format letter to get going?call me thick if you want but im obviously not looking in the right place,also has anyone had any dealings as yet with b+b?,i will look forward to any help,thanks in advance,Brad

Hi,can anyone tell me where to start,i am about to take bradford and bingley on but cant even find the standard format letter to get going?call me thick if you want but im obviously not looking in the right place,also has anyone had any dealings as yet with b+b?,i will look forward to any help,thanks in advance,Brad

Can you start by reading all of the FAQs and as much of the forum material as you can. Alllow a couple of days. It is a worthwhile effort as it will put you in control of your claim.

Then start your own thread. Don't hijack someone else's thread.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks