smesin v Nationwide

smesin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im watchin, im at day 28 the magical court day on friday and not heard a peep from them let a lone a defense, not had any money back in the account either so dont know whats going on with them. skeggsy

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No defence does not mean home and dry, quiet the obverse really, in many respects it is better obtain a defence and then you know your claim is progressing as it should, see here for further information:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/48946-curli-lloyds-tsb.html#post572354

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

can you tell me how the Nationwide can offer a defense if you have been through your statements then there cant be one can there? my 28 days up on friday this week and today money is going into account in silly amounts Im at a loss to know where this leaves me as its only a small proportion of the money and I dont know if i still enter judgement on friday if its not all been paid up, or give Mr Bacon a ring or an e mail???

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi Skeggs 885, the banks usually provide a nonsense defence, something along the lines of the charges are not a penalty or they are for a service, see here for Lloyds TSB's (I do not have a Nationwide claim):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/47207-guido-t-lloyds-tsb.html#post466483

I will have to leave someone else advise you on whether you should make contact, as I do not know how Nationwide operate in terms of claims settlement.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Just sit tight and watch the money rolling in. Nationwide doesn't pay the whole amount in one go (that may tantamount to admission!), but 3-4 equal instalments on eafter the other on the same day. Last entry is acash one and includes the interest and the court fee. All part of the games they play along with the other sharks. If you fancy you can go along and tell the members of Nationwide at the next AGM how they are 'proud to be different'!!

BTW, they don't close your account anymore as a result of FSA intervention (don't push it though, they're looking for an excuse now!)

what do you mean Judedread? when you say that " they don't close your account anymore as a result of FSA (what does that mean:o!) intervention"

I try not to be thick - but sometimes I fail :lol:

I really could do with not having that account closed -as we have not got an umbrella account (yes, I know, I know) but due to a dreadful credit rating ( Tescoo finanace sold his loan to a debt recovery co.) on my OH no one will touch us, - we have tried! and we have both won against our personal accounts/ so we are probably on borrowed time with them! So if Nationwide close us, we have no joint account! :o

I put my N1 into court 3rd April - their 28 days deadline is 1st May - are they likely to pay up before that or have I got to go through the AQ fiasco as well? they reallly know how to waste the courts time (and mine).

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

no fair SMESIN you have 7(8 now) more replies than me! and 1000 extra people reading your thread!

:| worried and stressed:|

Nationwide! Here i come, could be alot of money they might have to pay me back:eek:

Data request letter sent 04/06/06 via Hull Branch Nationwide.

Hull financial consultant called ME to help 04/06/06

:smile:Refunded £1200, 19/07/06, still going for the rest of it though!

LBA posted 22/09/06 claiming £2720!

D`oh! - put wrong amount in LBA - short by £1000!

Finally got the money to go to court 09/03/07

Acknowledged 13/03/07

No reply, so judgement issued 29 days after acknowledgment 14/04/07

DEFENCE FILED ??!! 09/03/07

FULLY PAID UP 17/04/07

Second Prelim sent 20/04/07

Second LBA sent 01/05/07

MCOL acknowledged

County court letter saying PAID UP 20/06/07 - although this wasnt the claimed amount, so i disputed it.

Still awaiting court date/decision due to OFT case.

what do you mean Judedread? when you say that " they don't close your account anymore as a result of FSA (what does that mean:o!) intervention"

Hiya,

JudgeDread was probably referring to the fine that was dished out to the Alliance & Leicester by the Financial Services Authority for closing accounts in response to claims.

Most Nationwide customers who won their claims since then, me included, received a letter saying... you have been refunded this time, but any future challenges of the T & Cs that you have agreed to will be met with account closure... or words to that effect. It's very unlikely your account will be closed if this is your first claim against them.

From what I've seen, most claims are being settled anywhere between day 21 and a week or so after the defence deadline. Of course, that's no guarantee that you won't have to fill out an AQ, but looks promising.

• Haha 1

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Chris this was a good idear for people just beginning there claims to follow some continuity. Iv just won 897.00 today and have 3 more pending. I cannot for the life of me work out what the term LBA is and its driving me nuts, fill me in pse.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

ahh it all makes sense thanks so much

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I try not to be thick - but sometimes I fail :lol:

I really could do with not having that account closed -as we have not got an umbrella account (yes, I know, I know) but due to a dreadful credit rating ( Tescoo finanace sold his loan to a debt recovery co.) on my OH no one will touch us, - we have tried! and we have both won against our personal accounts/ so we are probably on borrowed time with them! So if Nationwide close us, we have no joint account! :o

I put my N1 into court 3rd April - their 28 days deadline is 1st May - are they likely to pay up before that or have I got to go through the AQ fiasco as well? they reallly know how to waste the courts time (and mine).

It appears that they dont close the account unless you claim on lots of different accounts but the minute you go against their toc your out with 30 days notice. have you tried the Halifax?

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Skeggs - I am already with the Halifax!! But not the OH I won against them December last year!! :o So I don't think they will be keen on us!!

I have today however just found out that I won against the Nationwide!!!!!!!!!! :D :D We have had 2 equal amounts put in on the 24th , and 1 cash amount put in on the 22nd / but they are still about £170 short (interest after filed N1 and just a short fall on what I claimed). How long do you recon, I should wait before I ask for the rest of it, they have not tried to contact me about it, - I will not inform the court about it yet as it is not fully settled, N1 was filed on 3rd April...

Anyone????:confused:

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

I have now had my letter from the Nationwide pointing out the error of my ways, and not to misbehae again or else, so for now we are still safe! But they have still settled at under the claimed amount, so according to them the onus is on me to proove they have got it wrong!

Still at least I still have a current account!

darling1

Interesting? I dont know what Nationwide are playing at. Im past my day 28 and they have only put a small amount of the claim back Im planning on entering judgement on Monday as dont know what other course of action to take, have written and told them of my intention.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Unless your account is closed the bank won't normally send out a cheque, they'll just put in straight back in. MCOL doesn't have enough characters for you to request it, best thing to do is let them put it back in and then withdraw it.

As for account closures, no they seem to have stopped doing them since Abbey got a slap for trying that and had to pay out compensation.

The Squall

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth I, while living, have conqured the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Who Watches The Watchers?

Of course if you really want a cheque you can state so on the N1 and file it in person at your local county court

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth I, while living, have conqured the universe.

thanks its just im a bit worried as my account is on no withdrawals surely if my claim goes into this account and into the positive they would let me withdraw?

to clarify i am not using hte acount at the moment only to repay my overdraft at their request.

Unless it's an agreed overdraft I imagine they'd let you withdraw however much you're into the positive (maybe an extra £20 or so, but they you'd ironically end up geting a charge!!), but if you really want a cheque i'd suggest filing using an N1 instead of MCOL.

Maybe view it that you're saving money in the long run by not having to pay back the overdraft over time?

The Squall