British Gas Final Bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody yet anthor thread about British Gas.

I move out of my property in Jan 2001 and gave BG the meter reading, to which they sent me a final bill and a cheque for the amount they owed me. I check this with them to make sure it was correct before I cashed the cheque. 2 years later the send out a corrected bill saying i owe them money. where do i stand with this do i have to pay them if i all ready have a final bill which when to an old address.

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

WON £3054.79 (settled at court stage)

BarclayCard -

Claiming £701.89 Part 3 letter sent

Capital One -

WON £1500 (settled at court stage)

CitiCards -

Claiming £1549.41 (at court stage)

I move out of my property in Jan 2001 and gave BG the meter reading, to which they sent me a final bill and a cheque for the amount they owed me. I check this with them to make sure it was correct before I cashed the cheque.

Request a statement for the above to include the date of the above reading and the payment you made.

2 years later the send out a corrected bill saying i owe them money. where do i stand with this do i have to pay them if i all ready have a final bill which when to an old address

Has the house been empty from 2001 to 2003.?

There is a possibility here that new occupiers have given a reading but somewere in between gas has been used.

Its now 2007. What has happened since 2003?

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

It would be most unusual for BG to chase you for a debt at an address 6 years previously, especially after they calculated the amount due and paid you back your credit balance. Providing you can show your non-connection with the property, you can reject their demand as your contract for supply was terminated.

i have the bill some where in the loft but no matter how much i tell them i don't owe them, they even have 1st credit on the act (constantly ringing asking for the money), is their any legislation to stop them.

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -

what they are saying is that they made a mistake with my final bill, that they didn't use the readings I gave them when i moved out . but it took them 2 years before they used the figures that i gave them.

no the property was not empty. and they did try and pass one of their bill on to us, which BG tried and failed to get us to pay for.

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -

Firstly, the next time you get a call from the collection agency, tell them the bill is rejected and you dispute it. They then must pass the matter back to BG and cannot continue to harass you.

The final bill remains the final bill. You provided them with the relevant readings and paid their bill in response to this, thus ending your contract witrh them. The fact they did not use the readings you provided was their error - however, you would be expected to notice any unrealistic amount requested and query the difference, that would be your duty of care.

I'd write to them, stating that you have acted responsibly at all times, provided the final readings and paid the only Final Bill issued to you. In view of the time taken to reactivate the complaint, you reject their request for payment over and above the amount requested by their original, Final Bill and suggest since the error was theirs, they resolve the matter internally.