walton v barclays **ANOTHER WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the same boat as you and just got back that Barclays are defending the claim and off to do even more thorugh work on preparing a case. No doubt Barclays will wait till the last minute to submit their defence. Although their acknowldegement came through in less than a week. Good luck with your case and will be keeping a close eye on events.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Please check my thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1346

I am further down the road than you and it may give you some tips on how to proceed from here.

Rebel

vs Barclays Bank plc - £1670+interest @ 8% + Costs Concluded 24th June 06 - 5% donation sent

vs Bank of Scotland - £2226.42+interest @ 8% + Costs SETTLED IN FULL 6th Aug INCLUDING 8% pre court.

• 2 weeks later...

well barclays have till monday to file a defence, i think they leave it to the last couple of days just to put people off and hope they bottle it. will keep you posted.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Barclays filed there defence on day 27 with me:mad:

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

just one concern at the moment the particulars of my claim was very basic. due to the amount of characters you can use, could this be a problem. they may say in there defence that it's just a summary.

Winston Churchill

just been on moneyclaim site, the 28 days are up, and guess what, barclays have entered a defence, that is a shock, so now the waiting game begins, i think the next stage will be contact from the court. will keep updating.

Winston Churchill

just been on moneyclaim site, the 28 days are up, and guess what, barclays have entered a defence, that is a shock, so now the waiting game begins, i think the next stage will be contact from the court. will keep updating.

Stick with it Paul, they're just trying to intimidate you - we're all behind you!! :D

Parachute Deployed !!! :-D

Data Protection sent to Barclays - 04/07/06

Reply from Pete Townsend - 06/07/06

Statements received - 12/08/06 - Claiming £200

Prliminary Letter sent 27/09/06

Reply from Martin Bennett 03/10/06

LBA sent 16/10/06

Partial settlement offered 25/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

OH NatWest Credit Card - Paid in full

just received barclays defence, It says the particulars of claim are summary and the claimant has failed to identify and state any cause of action against the defendant to establish any legal liability for the sum claimed. they also state that i've failed to identify the precise charges. when i filled moneyclaim in, it would not let me enter all the info i wanted to include, so i made it very basic, stating the amount i was claiming plus interest, and saying i beleive these were taken unlawfuly. and i am claiming the last 6 years back. should i make a new claim or could this claim be altered. any advice would help.

Winston Churchill

have you made a list of charges? if so dont worry you can produce them in court!!!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

yes i have a schedule of charges. it's the legal liability part i'm concerned with.

Winston Churchill

Paulwlton,

No, you haven't done anything wrong. This part of the defence can be seen as one more of Barclays 'stalling tactics' - they know very well how much they've charged you (after all, it was the bank that sent you the statements which you used to calculate the charges!). As long as you have kept a schedule of charges & interest, don't worry. I would send them a copy of this breakdown (recorded delivery of course), and then mention to the court that you have done so when you receive information about your court date, when you are getting all of the paperwork together.

thanks for that, because i didn't include the unfair (contracts) terms act 1977. and the supply of goods and service act 1982 s.15. etc. the legal basis of my claim, could it get thrown out. Is it wise to send a letter to the litigation department of the bank, and one to the court, including my schedule of charges. so mad with myself, like i say i included all this info but when i inserted the paragraphs about claiming interest it wouldn't allow it, so just went basic.

Winston Churchill

Any advice would be helpfull, should i fill the questionaire in, send it back and wait for a court date, or do i send particulars of claim with list of charges to the bank and court. if i leave things as they are and it gets to court, could it get thrown out.

Winston Churchill

Yes i have, i've decided to send the court and the head of litigation a list of my charges, aswell has a upgraded particulars of my claim.

Winston Churchill

Received the banks defence 12/7/06, they say the particulars of my claim is more of a summary and there is no list of charges, just upgraded my particulars and sent a copy each to the court and head of litigation along whith a list of charges on my spread sheet. the questionaire needs posting to the court before the 29th. keep you posted.

Winston Churchill

i am going to photocopy the questionaire for future reference, is it wise to send one to the defendant, i'm sure i read somewhere it's better to send one off.

Winston Churchill

• 4 weeks later...

Just received this through the post, was looking forward to a court date.

Upon the courts own motion. The Court has made this order of its own inititive without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must mke an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT the proceedings be stayed pending the decision in Lloyds TSB v Elliot.

I've just rang the court, apparently they are waiting the outcome of this case in the court of appeal before they hear anymore cases, any idea what my next step is.

Winston Churchill

Errrr Isn't Elliot vs Lloyds settled ? Lloyds settled in full I believe !

Rebel

vs Barclays Bank plc - £1670+interest @ 8% + Costs Concluded 24th June 06 - 5% donation sent

vs Bank of Scotland - £2226.42+interest @ 8% + Costs SETTLED IN FULL 6th Aug INCLUDING 8% pre court.

I too beleive this to be the case, i will contact the court tomorrow and find out what is happening, is their a link to the Elliot case anywhere.

Winston Churchill

I've sent the clever letter Bankfodder has posted into court to try and get the stay removed, it also informs the judge what the layman is up against concerning the banks tactics.

Winston Churchill

Isherwood v Barclays £1155

1st letter sent 3/6/2006

Offer of £465 rejected 1/7/2006

LBA sent 10/07/2006

bogoff REPLY SENT 12/07/2006

MCOL COURT ACTION 17/7/2006

ACKNOWLEDGED 28/7/2006

DEFENCE ISSUED 17/8/2006

Defence and AQ received 23/8/2006

AQ delivered by hand to the County Court 24/8/2006

Court Date received on 26th Sept for 18th January

Documents Sent to Barclays and Courts 12th Oct

2ND JAN SETTLED IN FULL

MBNA request for £67 refund sent 17/7/2006

Halifax - Your next :eek:

I'm in the process of putting my case together, is their any links to the acts needed for court and the relevant paragraphs.

Winston Churchill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks