walton v barclays **ANOTHER WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

rang barclays 13th april just had 60 pound in charges taken from my account put through to head office asked for last six years statements sending them next working five days no charge for these they must be supplied free under data protection act. its a shame only last six years about ten years ago i got into difficulty and r b s had a birthday for 2years

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they must be supplied free under data protection act.

Not quite true m8, they have a legal obligation to supply this data within 40 days from receipt of request, and can charge up to a maximum of £10 fee to cover costs

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

Thats my signature.........my cases.......nothing to do with your post

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

• 2 weeks later...

after receiving copy statements last week at no cost i sent lba off 18 april just received letter back today saying we are looking into you;re concerns and will give you an answer no later than the 23 of may, in the letter i sent they were given 14 days should i take action after the 14 days or wait till the 23 may. not sure because i jumped the gun buy sending lba off first. i realy want to stuf them

Winston Churchill

If you have only given them 14 days from first letter sent, then that might be a bit quick of the mark, usually you send preliminary request letter giving 14 days, the LBA giving 7 or 14 days (i gave them 14)...as long as you can prove you have given them adequate time to reach an amicable agreement, and not just rush straight to the claim, the judge may frown upon it if this is the case........if it was me, i would probably send them a reply to their letter, saying something like, thank you for your reply, under the circumstances i will allow a further 14 days for you to deal with this matter, however upon expiry of this additional 14 days, i will screw you for my money back ......

but then again, it's your claim, your timescale, and your decision !!

• 4 weeks later...

i gave the bank till the 23 postman just arived standard letter offering me half my claim with acceptance form. i am going to accept the partial offer and claim the rest through court action, thanks everyone for all youre help, what a great site, and i will certainly be spreading the word

Post moved. Please stay on one thread for updates on same claim.

Winston Churchill

yes you;re right i rang the number on the letter saying i accept the partial payment and would claim the rest through court action, i also told them that it would be easier on both parties to settle in full now and not involve the court, they said basically it was a good will gesture accept it or get nothing, i told them i will put in writing that i accept their partial offer and will claim the rest through the small claims court. i will give them 14 days to reply if still no result i will use money claim to get the ball rolling. hope i am doing this right

Winston Churchill

just received letter saying the amount offered was in full and final settlement of your claim, i am therefore unwilling to adhere to your request to reimburse you with the full amount claimed,and it is with regret that you will proceed to the county court.i will go on moneyclaim tonight. would like advice on working interest out, thanks for your help on this site

Winston Churchill

has anyone got an idiots guide for working the interest out, and what formula to use, not sure on spread sheat. if i had a 25 pound charge 500 days ago what formula would i use

Winston Churchill

just had a look at my claim, it says to be held at northampton; if it was to go all the way could i get it swiched to my local court

Winston Churchill

just had a look at my claim, it says to be held at northampton; if it was to go all the way could i get it swiched to my local court

If it ever got to a hearing it would automatically be transferred to your local court.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i have just rang moneyclaim to stop action and start another claim, what i dont understand is on the moneyclaim form i have used the template off this site and altered it accordingly, in the template is states i will be claiming interest but then it asks you if you want to claim interest and you must put the paragraph in the claim which takes the characters to 1400 you can only use 24 lines or 1080 characters doees this paragraph need to be put in, or is it enough that i have stated it allready in my claim. a bit confused at the moment

Winston Churchill

If you have all the info that is in the pop up, then it is enough.

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

filled in particulars of claim stating i want to claim charges back plus interest, the next part asks you, if you want to reserve the right to claim interest,do i need to put this in my claim, i am claiming interest using the online calculater from when the charge was taken to now at 8%,

Winston Churchill

Yes if you want to claim the 8% interest you need to tick that option. If you are using moneyclaim online you will then get a popup box with some text which needs to be put in your Particulars of Claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks for that, i need to delete some of the wording in my claim to fit this in,theres a limit on the number of charactrs you can use.

Winston Churchill

barclays have acknowledged my claim and have 28 days to file a defence, i will now prepare my case for a court hearing

Winston Churchill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks