Mbna Nightmare!!!!

Cornucopia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hit them with everything you can after the way you have been treated. But dont forget, you have the best card up your sleeve yet.

Morning people!

Thanks Stansfield! I most certainly will!

Nothing in the post this morning and no word from Gavin Theobald (who is apparently having a problem contacting anybody at Global - WHAT?). To be honest, I am not sure what to do next! I am busy applying the finishing touches to my complaint letters to OFT, IC and FSA. I have written to Eversheds to remind them that they are now in breach of my CCA letter and also that they can do nothing while the account is in dispute.

Anybody think I should rewrite this whole saga to Bill Wareing at MBNA? Having spoken to a Legal Eagle yesterday, it seems that MBNA have screwed up left right and centre (well, we knew this didn't we but there were a few other things I didn't know). I wonder if Mr Wareing is able to sort this mess out!

I love Mondays!!!!

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornucopia.

try and see if mr wareing is willing to resolve the situation. did you get through reading the s.85 debate, very interesting, if you are having difficulties try adding that to the equation and see what MBNA has to say. keep up the pressure, do get the confirmation from info commissioner that MBNA have screwed up as if you do take court action it will look good, likewise the FSA and OFT complaints will show the courts just what is going on. it is a shame that mbna do seem to be running away like a rat up a drain pipe rather than resolve the issues.

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

Cornucopia.

try and see if mr wareing is willing to resolve the situation. did you get through reading the s.85 debate, very interesting, if you are having difficulties try adding that to the equation and see what MBNA has to say. keep up the pressure, do get the confirmation from info commissioner that MBNA have screwed up as if you do take court action it will look good, likewise the FSA and OFT complaints will show the courts just what is going on. it is a shame that mbna do seem to be running away like a rat up a drain pipe rather than resolve the issues.

I am going to write to him and include every last email and letter. I am not prepared to have a phone conv with anybody at MBNA as I don't believe a word they say any more! Their silence speak volumes at the moment!

Yes, I did read on S85 and further, I know for sure that when Mr Corn's MBNA card was reissued, they did not include a copy of the agreement. A breach, I believe?!

I did have a conversation with a legal person yesterday who also said that issuing a default via email is not admissable. Nice one MBNA. Roll on next Friday when Arrow's 12 days for the CCA is up.

You mentioned yesterday that as Arrow Global are not registered on the IC's site, they cannot process my data. Does this mean that they are not allowed to pass any information onto a third party ie : Eversheds. I am also concerned because they are apparently registered as Overseas Credit Services, even though they write from a London address?

Thanks for your continued support!:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

companies like arrow global will be asubsidiary of another company who will be registered with the info commissioner and as you put it they are registered as overseas credit services. However, if an unregistered company does process your data they are contravening the DPA as you do need to be registered with the info commissioner.

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

companies like arrow global will be asubsidiary of another company who will be registered with the info commissioner and as you put it they are registered as overseas credit services. However, if an unregistered company does process your data they are contravening the Data Protection Act as you do need to be registered with the info commissioner.

I think I need to investigate this further, as I can find no record of Arrow anywhere...........thanks for that!

Have really enjoyed firing off complaints to all and sundry today! Even had a go at Southern Electricity for sending a bloody DCA round to our house when our bill was long paid and the cheque cleared for several weeks! Idiots! Made me feel better though!

I am taking a bit more time composing my letter to Bill Wareing as there is so much information (and reams of attachments) that I need to get it absolutely right. Have still not heard from Gavin today, it really is a bloody disgrace!:-x

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Do you know what, I have just had the most shocking moment! I know it's late and this is probably irrelevant but let it be a warning to anybody wanting to take out a credit card (my daughter will NEVER have one!), I have just worked out that in the 7 years that Mr Corn & I have been together, he has actually paid MBNA just short of £30,000!!! This is without even denting the £15K debt. He has actually had the card a lot longer so the total amount would probably make me cry. It is shocking because this whole thing happened because of very difficult personal circumstances, not high living and I don't think he has used the card at all in the last four to five years (it was cut up a long time ago!). This is all due to the extortionate interest rate they have charged him.

Really, when you look at it like that, it is nothing short of criminal.

I really want to weep!:(

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Dont weep. There are smiles in the not too distant future :D

Hello love!!! Could almost bet you would pop up and cheer me up!!! Fingers crossed, have been writing like a demon today!!!

Did you manage to sort out the other situation with JC??x

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

No not yet, but hopefully sorted soon.

Im glad you've been getting your complaints off. The more fuss we kick up the more chance they will think twice in the future and some poor soul will be spared the same despair.

Credit cards are a very expensive luxury unless you are able to pay the balance in full every month. Not many of us can afford to do that despite our best intentions.

A little tip for the future which not many people know: When you transfer a balance onto a 0% card, all your payments go to pay off the lowest interest balance. Therefore, your purchases sit there, sometimes for years accruing interest upon interest until the transferred balance is totally paid off in full. You will have paid far more than you had saved.

The trick is to use another card for purchases and never spend on the card you have transferred the balance onto.

No not yet, but hopefully sorted soon.

Im glad you've been getting your complaints off. The more fuss we kick up the more chance they will think twice in the future and some poor soul will be spared the same despair.

Credit cards are a very expensive luxury unless you are able to pay the balance in full every month. Not many of us can afford to do that despite our best intentions.

A little tip for the future which not many people know: When you transfer a balance onto a 0% card, all your payments go to pay off the lowest interest balance. Therefore, your purchases sit there, sometimes for years accruing interest upon interest until the transferred balance is totally paid off in full. You will have paid far more than you had saved.

The trick is to use another card for purchases and never spend on the card you have transferred the balance onto.

Good news, he is a lovely man! Bless him!

I think half the problem with credit cards is that everybody starts off with the best of intentions and it only takes something to happen (in my husbands case, divorce) that can send it spiralling out of control. People go into denial and think it will sort itself out but when you are using a credit card to pay rent and put food on the table, you are in trouble!

You are right about the balance transfers, I did know that but it isn't made clear, that's for sure. If I have done that, I have never touched the card I have taken out and cut it up immediately and then cleared the balance as quick as possible! It can work, as long as you are disciplined and organised (is this me we are talking about!!!!:rolleyes::)).

Anyway, am feeling better for complaining to anybody who'll listen, I might even lobby my MP! Why on earth not!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

C - this is the one thing about this process that has been so important to me - its not so much getting back the charges and feeling empowered to control my financial life for a change, it was when I looked a 8 piles of statements from 8 different cards/bank accounts and started totting up the interest charges as well as the penalty charges - I have always wanted an Aston Martin and I could have had a new one if I hadnt paid all my money away! :eek::mad:

Money on credit is sometimes a necessary evil, and for those banking employees who are watching these threads yes, there are some cases where "we" the consumer have only ourselves to blame, but I have no cards now other than an Amex charge card and a debit card for my current account, and I will certainly NEVER be applying for a new credit card.

Fingers crossed all your letters hit home :D

x

• Haha 1

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

C - this is the one thing about this process that has been so important to me - its not so much getting back the charges and feeling empowered to control my financial life for a change, it was when I looked a 8 piles of statements from 8 different cards/bank accounts and started totting up the interest charges as well as the penalty charges - I have always wanted an Aston Martin and I could have had a new one if I hadnt paid all my money away! :eek::mad:

Money on credit is sometimes a necessary evil, and for those banking employees who are watching these threads yes, there are some cases where "we" the consumer have only ourselves to blame, but I have no cards now other than an Amex charge card and a debit card for my current account, and I will certainly NEVER be applying for a new credit card.

Fingers crossed all your letters hit home :D

x

Morning Chorlton! Wise words indeed, I really hope you get your Aston Martin! It is heartbreaking really, isn't it. I too will be avoiding credit like the plague when this is all over.

ANYWAY.........UPDATE...........HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP! Would especially appreciate input from Stansfield & JonCris if at all possible!

I have come into work today to find an email from Gavin Theobald (even though I expressly asked him to email me at home and NOT my place of work).

He tells me that Arrow Global are willing to accept payment of £120.00 per month and that he will put it all in writing. There was nothing in the post this morning though, I hasten to add. It's amazing how "helpful" they are being given they sold the debt. Also amazing how happy Arrow are to accept the sum given they have had a CCA. Let's face it, most DCA's would be arguing about it being "not enough".

What the hell do I do now???? Eversheds (Arrow's Solicitor), breached on the CCA on Friday, Arrow's CCA runs out on Friday (2nd Feb). My letter to Mr Wareing at MBNA is ongoing but I hope to have it completed tonight.

Please could somebody tell me what to do now, I am busy learning about Section 85 but can't do anything more about that until tonight, I am really anxious that I don't balls things up at this stage.

Thanks in advance guys.......x:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

You are doing fine. Of course you are happy to pay Arrow the agreed sum, providing they honour your CCA request.

The worst that can happen now, is that all court action will have been cancelled, you will have more affordable monthly payments, and the debt will be significantly reduced when the charges are reclaimed.

What a lovely day it is today!

Corn..... you have won already! Results are coming in fast and furious. Before you found this site, you were in despair! You have come a long way since then and things are looking up.

As per our conversation, there is one last card which just might be an Ace. xxx

You are doing fine. Of course you are happy to pay Arrow the agreed sum, providing they honour your CCA request.

The worst that can happen now, is that all court action will have been cancelled, you will have more affordable monthly payments, and the debt will be significantly reduced when the charges are reclaimed.

What a lovely day it is today!

Corn..... you have won already! Results are coming in fast and furious. Before you found this site, you were in despair! You have come a long way since then and things are looking up.

As per our conversation, there is one last card which just might be an Ace. xxx

Thanks for that Stan! You are, of course, right! However, I am still a very unhappy bunny as you know!

JonCris told me something about the way they issued the default that makes it void! Am following that up tonight..........

Roll on Friday is what I say.................!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Thanks for that Stan! You are, of course, right! However, I am still a very unhappy bunny as you know!

JonCris told me something about the way they issued the default that makes it void! Am following that up tonight..........

Roll on Friday is what I say.................!

Further to the above Stan, I would like to run my letter to Bill Wareing past you before I send it, would that be OK?

Also, I have not replied to Gavin's email, I am going to wait until I receive the full letter from MBNA before I respond, by then I hope I will know if Arrow have defaulted on their CCA. Any comments anybody?

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

C, this is such positive news :D

Looks like its all flowing the right way now - not sure how you are set right now but if the suggested repayment is manageable then at least it calms things down and at the same time Arrow are off your back and working for you (fulfilling your CCA request).....the cracks in MBNA are beginning to show ,so the refund of your charges, as Stan (Gor' bless 'im!) says WILL follow and that will help knock this debt or another one into better shape.

The boot is firmly on the other foot (and I am sure your feet are significantly more shapely than Gavin Theobold's, although Perseus may give you a run for your money!)

Thanks for my click and confirmation that I don't wear skirts ;)

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

How can you be grumpy,

And when I get my charges back from MBNA the first thing I am doing (after a donation to this site) is to buy a toy Aston Martin and give it pride of place on the sideboard :)

It will remind me to never again allow myself to get sucked in by the credit cards siren song again :o

How can you be grumpy,

C, this is such positive news :D

Looks like its all flowing the right way now - not sure how you are set right now but if the suggested repayment is manageable then at least it calms things down and at the same time Arrow are off your back and working for you (fulfilling your CCA request).....the cracks in MBNA are beginning to show ,so the refund of your charges, as Stan (Gor' bless 'im!) says WILL follow and that will help knock this debt or another one into better shape.

The boot is firmly on the other foot (and I am sure your feet are significantly more shapely than Gavin Theobold's, although Perseus may give you a run for your money!)

Thanks for my click and confirmation that I don't wear skirts ;)

Evening Chorlton! Thank you for your post! The amount is the same that was originally agreed with MBNA before they screwed up so it will work - for now. Only 3 days to go until Arrow have missed their 12 day deadline and Section 85 - now there's a thought!

Stan (Gor' bless HER!!! We do have some gender issues on here!) has been fab but the charges are an issue at the moment as MBNA say they have refunded them all (have issued an SAR so we'll see and there's the small matter of the compound interest).

Now, onto feet, mine are in fact vile, I hate feet although they are very useful. I'll bet Perseus's are far prettier in his kitten heels!

I'm off to finish my killer letter to Bill Wareing............watch our Mr!!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

And when I get my charges back from MBNA the first thing I am doing (after a donation to this site) is to buy a toy Aston Martin and give it pride of place on the sideboard :)

It will remind me to never again allow myself to get sucked in by the credit cards siren song again :o

Ha! Go for it! You never know, you might get a real one one day!!!

By the time we've finished, there won't be a credit card industry!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Stan - so so sorry :o as you say C, lots of gender issues in the MBNA forum recently - perhaps we should have "m" or "f" after our names (and a special symbol for Perseus)

Enjoy writing the Wareing letter!

(and I won't have a word said against your feet!)

How can you be grumpy,

Lol! Most people think Im male.

Anyway Corn. let me know when letter is done and you can fax or email it to me. Sorry for delay in replying but Im not always sat at my computer.

Hi Stan!! It is funny, this gender re-assignment we have all been doing!!!

It might be late as I have so much to include, would it be OK if I emailed it? Can you PM me your address or email it to me - you have mine I think, I PM'd you with it a little while ago. Or text it to me if easier.

Please don't apologise for delay in replying! I am only obsessive at the moment because of the situation even though I go to bed googly eyed every bloody night!!!!:rolleyes:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Evening people,

Absolutely nothing in the post from MBNA, Arrow or Eversheds. This is despite a letter from Stephen Bailey promising me a "full response to my complaint" by 30 January 2006.

Will hopefully be posting my letter to Bill Wareing by end of week, am awaiting professional advice on that one! However, as you all know, Arrow have less than 48 hours to produce so we'll see.

Sorry that this is a boring post, am hoping to up the ante in the next few days, just wanted to update you and say hello!

Might just sit tonight and watch Desperate Housewives, feel the need for some head clearing!!!:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Afternoon kids,

I must firstly apologise to Stan for chewing her ear off last night when she probably just wanted to sit and watch the telly. I was on the wine and am unable to control gob when that happens!!!

Right, an update, I have had a long, and in my view, patronising letter from Stuart Johnson this morning. It is funny that all the things he is saying we should have done were not relayed to me when I first contacted him, in fact, they weren't even emailed to me! I am not the bloody expert here, I don't know the in's and out's of credit law (although am getting better at it!). He has also said that when they issued the email we didn't receive saying that we had to contact them right this minute or they would no longer be able to administer the account, they issued it to my work email address aswell. This is a fabrication. All my work emails are archived and I have nothing that refers to this at all. He also said that they telephoned us. Wrong again, we have a phone that logs all calls and we did not have one from the CEO office on that day. The fact remains is that MBNA DID NOT at any time issue a formal Default notice. They are also refusing the remove the default. I asked them to do this given that we did not receive proper notification on MBNA headed paper. He states quite clearly that they did not receive the Asset & Expenditure form. I have a photocopy of it in my possession. I guess they might not have received it, but I certainly posted it, in the envelope provided by MBNA with FAO. Stuart Johnson on the front (which they wrote on themselves). I personally think they lost it. He also tells me that they are unable to put an account "on hold". This may be true, but he didn't actually tell me this when I spoke to him. He did, in fact, say, don't worry we'll freeze everything. We didn't make any payments because we assumed that reduced payments would start once they had completed the administering of the account. He never once said that we needed to continue making payments and I was in touch with him for weeks and weeks! I think the advice we were given sucks and because of that, we have found ourselves in this situation.

In conclusion, I think they sat back and allowed this to happen because it meant they could sell the debt and wash their hands of it. If this wasn't the case, why did they ignore 11 emails and why did it take a faxed, emailed and recorded delivery letter to their solicitors office to elicit a response from them?

Further, Arrow have still not produced the agreement, time is up tomorrow. If they do not produce by tomorrow, my letter to Bill Wareing is in the post first thing Monday.

AM LIVID!!!:-x

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks