Lloyds Visa Card

richardc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had an interesting conversation with the "help" desk. Asked them for copies of all previous statements. Asked for £5 per sheet. Quoted DPA - no I was wrong DPA now amended - there is now no maximum charge they can charge what they like :evil:

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Have checked ICs site urlhttp://www.ico.gov.uk/eventual.aspx?pg=SR&cID=678

You should receive a reply to your access request within 40 days. The record holder may ask you to send a fee. This is normally £10, but different fees apply to health and educational records.

Once you have provided the fee (if required), proof of your ID and any information needed to locate the information, the record holder must comply with your request. This should normally be done by providing you with a copy of the information held.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Have spoken to them again. "help" desk operator would not put me through to management but consulted while I hung on. Their line is that they are obliged to pass on contents of their file on me but statements are not part of that file and they therefor can charge £10 each.

Suggestions?

This sounds like a new line

refer them to durant - make a Data Protection Act request and then complain to the Information Commissioner

Ask them if they will confirm their refusal to a DPA request in writing straightaway so that you can begin an immediate complaint to the Information Commissioner

I would also say that it would be entirely possible to imply a term into the contract that they will comply with reasonable and lawful requests such as a DPA request. Failure to carry out a DPA disclosure is potentially a breach of contract.

Dave found this on another forum:-

per homer_j

I have just had a phone call from the Yorkshire Bank Data Protection Advisor and he has backed up phone call that I cannot claim my bank statements through a DSA and that there was a meeting in DEC05 between the ICO and several banks, which gained clarification to this matter. The ICO were adament that bank statements were not covered under the DSA.

So just called the ICO and they have confirmed the following:

No further guidance on this has been issued following the durant vs fsa case. What may be the issue is that we are asking for bank statement copies. He recommended that we be more specific to requesting the list of transactions and charges as these are certainly covered.

Thanks for all the above - certainly clarifies the issue. But how odd that they forgot to mention that transactions and charges are covered.

Will open new thread when I start my claim against them - but they've really annoyed me on a couple of isues recently

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks