CPM 2*PCNs - residential Parking - didn't display permit - appeals refused - for parking in my own bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I’m writing to get some advice on 2 PCNs totalling £200 issued by CPM for forgetting to display my parking permit. The car was parked in a parking bay that I own which is located in my residential development. 

Appeals to CPM to reverse the PCNs were rejected even after proving my ownership of the bay. Similarly, I have had no luck with the management company or the board of directors of my development.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that I have to pay £200 for parking in my own parking bay. 

Any assistance on this is much appreciated.

Hello, welcome to CAG.

Please could you let us have the information requested in our forum sticky so we can start to advise you? Perhaps start with the first one you received and then we'll decide whether to add the second one to this thread.

After that, have a read around other threads about CPM and also do a search on 'supremacy of contract' which could be a good argument for you.

Best, HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

• dx100uk changed the title to CPM 2*PCNs - residential Parking - didn't display permet - appeals refused - for parking in my own bay

Never appeal to these fleecers, you have no obligation to do so and appealing may remove your rights under POFA.

However in this case you have supremacy of contract in that you own the car parking space and they have no authority over that.

You do not pay them a penny and this should be easily batted off if the chancers try it on in court.

No further communication with them unless you get a letter before action, be prepared for a  sea of begging and threatening letters to try and separate you from your cash - don't fall for it.

• Like 2
  • I agree 1

In addition to completing the questions asked in post 2 above it might help if you dig out your lease relating to your parking space and see if there was ever a mention of permits at the time.

I have included this URL by the parking Prankster who explains various cases in the Courts. Two of which are mentioned in his post. You will have to scroll down a few cases but they should help to allay your fears and to give you many reasons to win any case they might bring. As well as a possible GDPR claim against them..

PARKING-PRANKSTER.BLOGSPOT.COM

Putting the fun back into parking<br> <a href="http://parking-prankster.com/court-claim.html">Click for guide to fighting ParkingEye court claims</a> <br> <a...

Edited by lookinforinfo
  • Like 2

• dx100uk changed the title to CPM 2*PCNs - residential Parking - didn't display permit - appeals refused - for parking in my own bay