Shower leak but moved in new build Aug 2020 - no rights anymore?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

We moved in to our new build in Aug 2020 and did utilise the two year period that you have to get the builders to make good the various issues that needed addressing in that time.
I have two questions:

1. There is a stain on the carpet outside of upstairs ensuite. I have looked in the shower cubicle and can see that there is a gap where the sealant has cracked and degraded so I assume that the stain on the carpet the other side of the wall is down to that. Is the builder liable for this in any way?
2. Is it true that, essentially, once that two year period is over, one can't hold the builder to anything that has not been reported in that time?

I've been in a similar situation and could get nowhere.

A 2 year "warranty" on general snagging type problems seems to be standard (alongside the 10 year NHBC gauarantee for major defects).

In my case, Harron Homes were useless during the two years, needed chasing constantly to put problems right.

When the two years were up they just closed down and wouldn't entertain any further "problems".

Fortunately, they were minor ones that I could sort myself.

Have you approached the builder?... You never know...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service