Blue badge holder-PCN for 'failing to comply with a prohibition'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recieved a PCN today (dated 28/03/23) for a contravention date 22/03/23 for 'failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicle (motor vehicles).Its an LTN.

Its in relation to several designated roads in a London borough being exempt from motor vehicles driving through and use for just resident drivers,pedestrians and cyclist. (Low traffic neighbourhood).

I entered the road (within the LTN),I didnt see any signs that i shouldnt have been driving in there until i left and saw the camera sign (it was too late by then).

My query is, whether i saw the signage or not before entering the area, i am a blue badge holder with mobility issues and i went in the LTN area to collect a food parcel, are the local council not allowing blue badge holders into the zone and expect us to park outside the zone and enter on foot (which is impossible)? (Its Lambeth council).

I am exempt from LTN area's by my local council, as i am a blue badge holder but this a different council.

Unfortunately, some councils have their own rules for blue badge holders.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Councils who impose LTNs have the discretion to decide on exemptions. There's no national rules requiring exemption for Blue Badge holders in LTNs. Looking at Lambeth's website it appears they have a very limited exemption for Blue Badge holders. You have to register for it in advance (for each individual LTN) and live in Lambeth yourself (amongst other things).  So I guess you wouldn't qualify for the exemption anyway.

WWW.LAMBETH.GOV.UK

Guidance on LTN dispensations for Blue Badge holders.

You say you didn't see the sign when you entered the LTN.  Have you been back to to check if the LTN signage is actually there? If the required signage wasn't there or wasn't clearly visible you might have grounds to challenge the PCN. If it's clearly signed but you just didn't notice it probably not much you can do other than chalk it up to experience.

Another thought though. Don't LTNs with traffic filters, like Lambeth's, allow vistors and delivery vehicles to enter the streets in the LTN as long as they don't pass through them and exit them via the traffic filter at the other end?  So you could have turned around after making your delivery and left via the road you entered it on? I realise you'd had to have known you'd entered the LTN to know to do that.