Tupe transfer help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all Just looking for some advice I have just been TUPED over to a new employer.

Everything was going smooth until this week I was told that I'm now only entitled to 20 days holiday as they pay double pay on bank holidays ( I work bank holidays and used to get 28 days holiday) I questioned this with ACAS they have said I'm entitled to 28 days either way I have forwarded this and waiting a reply

Also our holiday year previously was June to June it is now jan-jan, they have said we can use what we have left from old employer until June and then after that they will give us around 14 days to use until Jan is this right

Thanks for any help

Edited by diddums124

Everyone is entitled to 5.6 weeks holiday - what that looks like for you will depend on your hours/shifts. 

What does your pre-TUPE contract say about holidays?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Also : 

WWW.ACAS.ORG.UK

How an employee’s employment contract can be changed after a TUPE transfer.

changing the dates the holiday year runs to/from is an admin change and no big deal but y9our entitlement should remain the same or better.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks I work 5 days a week (30 hours per week) my previous contracts states 28 days holiday. Is how they are working out the holiday entitlement correct as in giving us 14 days from June 1st until January . 

1) whether their maths is correct depends on how many days you have taken already. Also what is actually going to happen with the bank holidays. Roughly, 1st June to 31 December is 7 months so 7/12s of your 28 days = 28 x 7 / 12 days = about 16.3 days. But if you have used a lot between Jan and May, and "owe" them some back, 14 may be correct.

2) on the leave/bank holidays questions - 5.6 weeks x 30 hours a week = 168 hours

168 hours = 28 x 6 hours days,  24 x 7 hour days, or 21 x 8 hour days.

So it depends a bit how they pay the leave.

I would ask for someone with HR to sit down with you and explain how it is worked out, and paid. 

What you have said sounds wrong, but if you have taken 19 days and have 9 to take before 1 June, that is 28 days so maybe the BH is a red herring. 

Do you work a BH, get double time, *and* get to take a day off at another time? Or single time and a day off? Or something else?

Could you get that clarification and come back please?

I think you should get 16.3 days from 1 June to 31 Dec, but that will include 3 days for for August bank holiday, and xmas - so 14 days additionally is a little (but not outrageously) generous if you also get those 3 days off. They are rounding up in your favour.

Edited by Emmzzi
  • Thanks 1