Speeding fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I was informed at work on 06/01/23 that I was speeding in a company vehicle at 35mph in a 30mph zone this was at 12.23pm on 30/11/22, I have just received notice of requirement to provide driver details  on 02/02/23.

What time scales if any are legal requirement to inform me of prosecution 

Regards Hugo 

just fill out the 172 and send it back.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, hugo1963 said:

What time scales if any are legal requirement to inform me of prosecution 

The only time scales that the police must comply with are: 

1. They have 14 days from the date of the alleged offence to serve a "Notice of Intended Prosecution" (a "NIP) on the person (or body) shown as the Registered Keeper at the time of the offence. You should note this is the only NIP required by law and so is the only one subject to any time limit. Any others are served as a courtesy and also because they are usually printed on the same piece of paper as the accompanying "Request for Driver's Details" (known as a "Section 172 request) which is not subject to any time limit.

2. They have six months from the date of the offence (12 months if the offence occurred in Scotland) to begin court proceedings.

You should be offered a course for that speed (unless the offence occurred in Scotland, where they are not offered at all). This is provided you have not done one for an offence that occurred in the three years prior to this one. Otherwise a Fixed Penalty (£100 and 3 points) awaits. Make sure you get your response to the s172 request in promptly as these out-of-court disposals are not usually offered beyond 4 months from the date of the offence.