DLA for 2yrs old refused (heart condition) + My Benefits and borrowing - help with both please

peakson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Thank you for the fast response, 

This is why I just put no change every year I was advised to do that in 2016 and it works, I usually have an assessment every couple of years, but I had Charity MIND help me do the paperwork this year as I have been referred by adult mental health team, so now I'm not sure what I will have to do, thank you for letting me no about the money not stopping before the assessment as I can relax abit now, I havnt been given an assessment date as of yet, so DX could be right it may get extended for another year, I don't think I will get any better by then I seem to get worse each year 

Sorry forgot to mention both dla and uc backdated, I put a note in the journal, thank you

Edited by peakson

• 2 months later...

Back on here again guys, sorry to trouble you, its problem after problem here 😅 

So now I'm living on my own with disabilities and 2 children 1 with a heart condition as discussed. 

We were unable to find advice, and could not get on here in time, cab wouldn't answer the phone.

My partner is still around but has had to find temporary accommodation via our local council, reason for this is she's done something silly at home and on her bail conditions until august she's not allowed to return home, the council told us we could not keep our joint claim as she would need to claim housing benefits to support her temporary accommodation.

Now she has a single universal credit account and I have my own uc account with two children, I've added our disability, rent etc so I think I have set it up properly.

They said I will still receive money on the 7th so hopefully that will go through OK, 

My partner gets carers allowance, will this need to stop if she's away temporary? I.E three months plus.

Secondly if that is the case. It must stop! Would I be able to get SDP back? I wasn't sure as the children will live with me..

Also to update my daughter has her heart surgery on the 8th of June :(

Thank you

Sorry would let me edit again.

Just forgot to mention, wanted to add SDP as I won't manage and would have to hire a carer, I also need to find child care for my one year old as I won't manage full time on my own.

Thank you

Edited by peakson

So yes Carers Allowance needs to be informed first, so they can cancel this.  Then ask about reinstatement of SDP.   I think amount related to SDP is only allowed on initial transfer to UC. If it is removed, it cannot be reinstated, but it is worth asking.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

SDP has to be in payment the month before a natural migration I think it is, so highly unlikely you will get it, as it doesn't exist under UC, unless applied on migration.

Technically, your partner can still claim CA as long as they are still offering care for you. They do not need to live with you. If she ends the CA claim, unless she already has LCWRA, she will then be expected to look for work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I think I've found out what to do, I could be wrong that's why I need you guys!

So cancel my partners carers allowance for myself.

Then open a carers allowance claim for my daughter(middle rate dla) and I will be named carer? I think SDP should be out of question as this will probably be temporary.

Question is, am I able to be my daughters carer? I claim esa (old style) and pip.

I know it would be less money, but it's something and probably less complicated to claim? 

Just to clarify we claim

Esa and pip (myself)

Child benefit(would this need to change to my name?)

Uc

Child element

Housing

Disabled child

Disabled adult

DLA(CHILD) middle rate.