£35 for 52pence - Not Happy!!

jell_is
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Howdo!

This is my first ever post, here goes. I am fed up with Lloyds TSB robbing my money! A few months back they charged me for bouncing two direct debits but i put cash in at 9:01am. Two days later i payed in four cheques, the lady behind the counter said she couldn't pay them in immediately because the computers where down but she said they would be in before the end of the day, so i left them with her. Check my account the next day and they still hadn't been payed in! So phoned and gave someone some stick and basically said drop my charges from the previous week and i would be happy. They refused so i tried to tell them, tit for tat, and that i would be writting a letter telling them they had made a mistake and that this letter would cost £35 an item. This fel on def ears.

Anyway back to here and now, i'm just not happy with them, i will be starting to get the ball rolling in the next few days but have some questions first.

From what i've read lloyds are quite good at being retaliative when it comes to kicking up a stink, can they retaliate using several accounts or do they just threaten the one thats closed??

Do i have to send off for my particulars or can i download my statements from the net? Would this surfice in court?

Is there more of a backlash with the bbc telling people they can do it?

Has anyone been to court yet?

If someone can help me that would be great.

Cheers

Jell_is:)

Hi Jell_is

Welcome to the Lloyds TSB forum!:)

You can download your statements from your internet banking, but I don't think they go back the full 6 years that you are allowed to claim, so it depends on when your charges started whether you need to send a SAR or not.

Nobody has been to Court yet on here, they will settle before then.

Keep us informed on how you are getting on.

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Cheers Barty,

I've decided, i'm goin for it! from my statements for the past 4 yrs, they've taken just under £1200, as a student in his fifth year, that would be nice to clear some debt.

About the retaliation i've heard about, closing accounts etc. Do lloyds extend this to all accounts? i.e. I have a current account and a student account. I'm interested because i simply can not afford to close my student account for two main reasons. 1)I haven't got the funds to clear the student overdraft and 2) I can't open another student account as this illegal (1 student account for 1 student)!

:confused:

I have made and successfully won 3 claims against LTSB and they hav not retaliated in any way but they do drag their heels, though my finances are in a much better state now then the period for which I was claiming most of the charges.

And they dont learn and never remove charges willingly. I had another 1 this month (2nd this year on all accounts, I am a good boy now), the reason. £7 over my limit for 1 day. How the hell does that justify £35. I wont be going to the bother of reclaiming that, seeing as I they have very kindly given me in the region of £7000 this year.