GP formal complaint

Bugjd44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, 

my friends husband had blood tests 2020, they showed issues.

he visited the doctor last week with symptoms and possible risk of cancer.

the blood test results was never discussed with him until last week. 

do you have a template/letter we can send to the GP to complain?

thanks 

Hi

You haven't really given us much to go on in your post could you please give us a bit more information.

With most GP Surgeries if bloods are taken if you haven't heard anything it is as simple as contacting the GP Surgery and asking if the results are back for the blood test. So did they ever contact the GP Surgery to ask if results were back?

As these Blood were taken some time in 2020 you need to bear in mind the COVID-19 Pandemic that hit and the restrictions in place but also the NHS had to basically shut down different areas and treatments to deal with COVID-19 to not only protect the public but those in the NHS to keep that service running. (please note I am not defending what has happened here)

Is it these blood results discussed at that appointment that raise the possible risk of cancer?

If yes to above did they not ask why it has taken so long from 2020 to inform you of this?

We do not have a temple letter, you can look at the GP Surgeries website on how to complain but what I would suggest is to contact the GP Surgery and ask that you want to speak to the Practice Manager or they call you back as you have a Formal Complaint.

Discussing this with the Practice Manager has to be recorded on record and any investigation if required into this matter with you informed of the outcome

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group