Barclays blocking my account for whatever reason ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got a phone call on 26.12 from someone saying that is from barclays, and he needed to check some recent transactions i've made, as this never happened to me i just hang up as previously barclays send you a message asking if you've made this transaction etc and you just need to answer with Y or N.

Few minutes past got a message that they temporary stopped my debit card to help protect against fraud, phone them up and they start asking me question why I was trying to withdraw cash (large amounts) as they say,

I told them that I couldn't do it because the atm won't let me, probably did'nt have enough cash, I had to withdraw 3 times 100£ and once 50£, so in total 350 (that's not a large amount) and the guy on the phone started saying to me that it doesn't add up...

asking what doesn't add up, as well getting frustrated at this point, as it's a cash withdrawal so for personal use, shopping, gambling etc he just close my account and send me to the bank with passport/id, that I will have to do tomorrow.

I've explained to him it's cash withdrawals for personal use, don't need to give him information what I do with my cash withdrawals and still does this.

I'm just fuming as I have the bank account blocked for this 2 days;  any suggestions for tomorrow?

to claim for distress,

or failing to have an appropriate conversation with me, asking me to many personal questions about what i do with my money?

a) never have any suspected deposits, withdrawals etc...

usually just wages goes it, bills out, savings what I can, takeaways and shopping.

Thanks, 
Peter 

Without knowing what is normal conduct on the account, how much you had in the account compared to withdrawals and what Direct Debits etc. are due to be collected, before any monthly wages are due to be paid in, it is difficult to comment.

Banks have a duty of care towards their customers to identify unusual transactions and to try to stop possible fraud.   If the amount of transactions and type of transactions is different to normal, they might be thinking someone has gained control of your account.  

You might be unhappy with the questioning of transactions, but some may think Barclays are just doing what they are supposed to be doing. And perhaps when they take such actions, they have prevented further fraud from happening.

Suggest trying to resolve this with Barclays in an amicable way as they require.  If you prefer an account with less risk management, then look to move your account to another Bank. Most of the main Banks have these fraud detection protections.  My Bank contact me through a mobile app and I can authorise transactions they ask me to check.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you should never have all your money in one bank account, cause if you get hacked,, the same thing will happen again.

go open say a monzo or a starlings bank account - a parCHUTE ACCOUNT.

dx 

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

update: bank fully unblocked.

Compensation claim made with bank manager help, his update was sort of between 10-100£ as operator attitude was unacceptable on the phone, especially for the reason mentioned by him (why I cash out 3x 100£ in a short period of time) 

Remember, sometimes we just have to fight for our rights.

Can be closed;

|Thanks

• Andyorch changed the title to Barclays blocking my account for whatever reason ***Resolved***