OPS/DCB(L) 2xPCN's PAPLOC Now claimform - Machine said Not In Use - Llangrannog (Beach) car park, West Wales

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just found this on Trust Pilot

WWW.TRIPADVISOR.COM

Llangrannog Beach: AVOID BEACH FRONT PARKING nothin to do with the locals - See 362 traveler reviews, 191 candid photos, and great deals for Llangrannog, UK, at Tripadvisor.

There are over 70 complaints about your OPS in Llangrannog car park. Spread over several years with the machine not working and the phone coverage non existent the crooks are making money hand over fist.

However the Courts take a dim view of motorists being charged consistently when their apparatus is out of order and they know phone coverage is poor.

As they are making money this way there is no compulsion on them to get their ticket machine working. As such they will not be able to claim that their charges are justified.

• Thanks 1

re from above...

The owner of the Car Park is the same owner as the Ship Inn - Solomon Anthony Ramsey-Williams.

AVOID THIS CAR PARK AND 100% AVOID HIS PUB - THE SHIP INN.
UTTER CON ARTIST!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Great work lookinforinfo.  So the OP now has a mound of evidence that the car park owner and OPS are running a scam (and am sure could easily get more proof).

If the OP ever does get a Letter Before Claim it would be fun to send OPS a snotty letter and Solomon Anthony Ramsey-Williams a letter that he would be added as a third party to any court action.  I reckon that would knock the smile off his smug, scamming face and get the ticket cancelled pronto. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

shame as usual nearly everyone on trip advisor thinks they are fines that they must by default be paid.

it would be good to hit that trip advisor page that with some useful CORRECT advise and explanation en-masse.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/06/2021 at 11:23, dx100uk said:

someone should be telling that local newspaper they are not fines.

but your assumptions are correct.

await and see if they use some fake, paperwork only solicitors letterheads in the same printer, after sending sending lots of scary letters in various school crayon colours from fake DCA's, that are not bailiffs, entitled letter of claim.

in the 5 weeks you should have been reading up.

you should always be blocking ALL emails addresses and bouncing stuff back unread.

they can't send and that is not .....a letter of claim, by email.

dx

and they

• 9 months later...

yes you send a snotty letter

100's of them here already

use our enhanced google search box

snotty letter

post you idea up here 1st for checking

dx

and they

I remember this thread and the scam going on in Llangrannog car park.

Can you upload the Letter of Claim please?  We just need to see the letter itself, no need for the reply form/financial statement/etc. which you can use as bedding for a hamster should you have a hamster, toilet paper, paper aeroplanes, etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

PPCs are charlatans, but they usually go through the pretence of doing things legitimately.  However in your case there is not even the pretence, it is a blatant scam.  I therefore suggest -

Dear Jamie & Yasmin,

cheers for your Letter of Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in mirth at the idea that you actually thought I'd take such tripe seriously and cough up!

As usual you'll have been too bone idle to do any due diligence before sending out your bilge.  I, on the other hand, am well aware of the sordid little scheme your clients &  Solomon Anthony Ramsey-Williams have going on at Llangrannog.  I have been in touch with a residents' association, The Cambrian News plus various local motorists and have all my evidence ready to show the judge.

I loved reading Deputy District Judge Henderson's remarks about your scamming!

As for the £140 Unicorn Food Tax - government Code of Practice section 9.

You can either drop this foolishness now or take me to court.  If you do the latter I will

- defend the claim

- thrash the lot of you

- enjoy obtaining an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and spending it all on a nice foreign holiday while laughing at your clients and Solomon.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

COPIED TO ONE PARKING SOLUTION LTD

There's no rush to send anything, you have 30 days from their letter, let's see what the other regulars think.

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added

Looks reasonable to me

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Change of plan.  I did some Googling last night and this Solomon Anthony Ramsey-Williams apparently doesn't live in the area and doesn't run the local pub any more (which we were going to write to), so there's no point threatening him unless we can find his private address.  So I've changed that bit of the snotty letter.

Over the next few days invest in two 2nd class stamps, send one copy to the solicitors, one to the fleecers, and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

Local residents have put some good work into advising motorists (they don't get everything right but it's a fine effort).  There have already been victories against the fleecers in court  http://llangrannogwelfare.org/beachfront-car-park  So I've added that to the snotty letter too.

They have also got their hands on the fleecers' contract  http://llangrannogwelfare.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Llangrannog-Redacted-Contract.pdf

Thank you, Dave, yes, that certainly is a snotty letter. I think I might tone mine down a bit, but thanks for the references and for checking up on Mr Ramsey-Williams.

I have found CPR 27.14(2)(g), but am struggling with "government Code of PRactice section 9". Do you have a link at all?

its in here

WWW.GOV.UK

The Code of Practice sets out the requirements that private parking operators must follow when enforcing parking restrictions in England...

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

2 hours ago, ghedgehog said:

I think I might tone mine down a bit

Well it's up to you, but remember these charlatans have taken people to court for this car park and will do the same to you - especially with two tickets - if they think they will get away with it.

That's why you need to come across as a complete pain in the backside who is confident about court, ridicules them as the conmen they are, and would just cause them immense trouble and a hole in their wallet if they did try court.

Toning down is not usually a good way as they respond better to insulting disparagement of their case, it makes them realise you are no pushover, where a mild response might encourage them to send a few more threatOgrams with ficticious  Unicorn Feed tax unlawful Debt Collection Fees. hoping to frighten someone into paying when they full well know the costs are capped for Small Claims track,

So a reference to rolling on the floor laughing as the UK Gov new COP Sewction 9 kicks their sorry jive ass into the skip.  that sort of thing.