PCN for not Displaying DB time Clock

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All 

I do not know if other council controlled parking schemes do this but ours on the I.O.W do and that is log in vehicles that are parked in free limited waiting bays

for example some of our Disabled bays on the Island are 2 hours or 4 hours or no limit after 6pm .

however to prove a vehicle has overstayed in these bays, they have to be logged in on the CEOs handset. thus negating the need for a time clock.

today I parked in a Disabled Bay (max stay 4hrs ) and i displayed my badge.

went to 3 shops got a coffee and went back to the car. to find a PCN not for displaying a time clock, 

if the CEO is doing their job correctly then the car should have been logged in for the 4 hours and therefore not requiring me to display the time clock 

any thoughts peeps , by the way i am appealing just wanting to see if there is any other bits of info i can use in my appeal

many thanks 

lets

Time limited Disabled bays require the clock to dosplay the time of parking. That way CEO's can instantly see whether you have exceeded the time without having to make two separate obsevations.

Suggest you ask for the council's discretion, hadn't realised clockwas needed, very sorry etc, will ensure  doesn't happen in the future.

Many councils will exercise discretion for 1st offence for BB holders.

Extract from BB Handbook.

‘On-street’ disabled parking bays - signs have a blue wheelchair symbol:
You may park for free. Unless signs say otherwise, you may park without time limit. You must display the Blue Badge (and the blue parking clock if the bay is time limited).

Hi Michael 

Yes that is the case in the blue badge book it says you must...so far i cannot find a law that confirms that. 

for a contravention 30

- parked for longer than permitted ticket to be issue the CEO must log in the vehicle in question at least twice, if a time clock is displayed they still need to log the vehicle in, in order to register that vehicle on that specific street.

.In My case the street i was parked in, has 30min LW .no return within 1hr  (council allows unlimited parking with blue badge, Clock is not required)

then we have disable bays limited to 4 hours no return in 4 hours

again for a ceo to know for sure time has exceeded they need to log the vehicle in. 

on top of that for not displaying a time clock it carries the max penalty of £70 again this itself is excessive. 

i display my clock on DYL/SYL when i park if i cant find any other space to park. 

On 06/12/2022 at 22:44, letsgetitsorted said:

if the CEO is doing their job correctly then the car should have been logged in for the 4 hours and therefore not requiring me to display the time clock 

how does the CEO know what time you arrived if you did not display that time on your clock?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Surely it is easier to display both at the same time regardless. 

This then negates you wasting your time in dealing with situations like this, get a badge and clock holder off fleabay, stick em above your sun visor and put them on the dash when you park.

There won't be a law, just rules and common sense.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!