Thames Water/tm Legal - old water bill old address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The SAR has arrived via email. 

Several pages of info re old address and new one. There is a record on there that I was struggling to pay at one point. Which would make sense.

I am not a TW customer now as live in another part of the country with a different water provider, bills are up to date, but TW call me the customer in this.

At the bottom of it all is this 

Please inform the customer that debts to the value of £310 have been sent to TM Legal for litigation purposes. Please DO NOT set payment plans on these debts, the customer must call TM Legal on 0330 828 1770 to

discuss these debts, as the customer could be liable for additional costs that are not on C4C

I cannot make phone call to TM..I rarely speak to anyone on the phone, memory issues mean I will not recall all that was said and I am vulnerable due to my health issues.

Additional costs may refer to older bills as mentioned in my earlier post. 

The council will provide to them addresses and they will find out when a person lived there surely from voters info etc.

This is a worry but then am telling myself that instalments is all anyone can force, and am about to end my UC LCWRA claim to start State Pension.

I cannot deal with the phone call demand. Should a letter be sent to them? I will wait for advice here before doing that. 

the next move is not yours

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't understand. 

The last communication from TM Legal was reply to them by 24 the december or it would be looked at/further action.

I didnt contact them but requested SAR which has arrived with above info. Stating customer must contact TM Legal.

So if I don't.. after having that sent to me. 

Am guessing they will decide to pursue in court or not? is that what you mean? I just wait now and see what happens next?

sorry if am daft here just getting clear in my head.

bill dates ae the key, were you there for the date range and can prove otherwise.

if if if they might might want to goto court they must abide by the pre action protocol and send a letter of claim FIRST

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes I was at the property and it just seemed a lot of money for the time I was there which is why I didn't think it could be owed, that amount, but digging out paperwork I was there for about 6 months, i'll have to read back through sar as it says about payment plan, so something was happening. It was 2018. Older part bills may be in the system but not shown on sar, hence the could be liable comment.

I had a major life change and meltdown which led to the long distance move and my  head was all over the place between mid 2018 and early 2019.

I'll wait to see if a pre legal letter arrives and go from there.

Thank you for your patience. It has taken me almost 4 years to settle here and ease the anxiety of it all and this just shook it all up a bit. But..i'll wait and see what happens next. 

Edited by Ruby_Tuesday