Amazon uk pre ordered book issue.

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in March l pre ordered book #3 of someone my daughter has been reading. Its release date being 10th November 2022. Book 2 had been released only a few days before and they originally advertised 3 books minimum. It is someone she follows on Youtube

I paid via gift card which l find easier.

Last week while checking my gift card balance and checking my pre orders, l have a few due, to find the date for me getting it had changed. Contacted Amazon and was told that the publisher, HarperCollins, had told them they could not get the all the pre ordered amount they previously said and as result they were delaying some orders to Tuesday 15th as the rest of order was coming in overnight on the 13th to dispatch the 14th. It sounds plausible as l have had this before not just with Amazon but other retailers. 

Something on Friday evening told me to look elsewhere for this book. Only Amazon has the book thought nothing of it if was a publishing issue others might have taken it down or hidden the book. I best mention the youtuber is based in America.

This morning l woke up with a bad feeling and something told me to contact Harper Collins. The first person l spoke to said it seemed weird that amazon had no details of the book, name, picture, basic storyline, does have the ISBN done a search and found nothing told them the Author is based in America and he checked the American publishing side of the company to find the book had been abandoned in March.

According to the guy a email had been sent out to everyone in April to say this book was not coming. This made sense as to why it was nowhere else. I queried as to if the email had been sent especially as Amazon is still advertising this book available on Kindle and Audio book, can't buy the hard back copy or paper back copy. He assured me it had. He further advised that he would make people aware that amazon is selling the kindle/audio book and to contact amazon and ask for my money back. 

I have contacted amazon to be told they know nothing about it and that it's too late for me to cancel my order as it is gone to packing. I ask what they are packing to be told book 3. I asked him what book as Harper Collins has said its not published to be told the 3rd book in the series. I told him it was not possible and he placed me on hold so he could speak with his supervisor.

5 minutes later a different guy came on and l explained to him everything, and he said the same that it's saying the order is now in packing and as result my order can't be cancelled. No one can confirm what l am receiving. He also said that l could be making up a excuse to not want the book now having brought it from elsewhere. Frustrated l ended the call as was clearly getting nowhere. 

Phoned HarperCollins back to be told they can't be dispatching the book to you it's not published. Explained how guy said they know nothing about it and that l will be receiving something from amazon tomorrow. I have asked if he can contact someone who can urgently contact Amazon to explain the situation. He has said he would but may be a few days. 

Amazon are still refusing to refund me I don't expect the book to be dispatched and if it is it to be the correct book. Harper Collins can't help as it's a 3rd party Now what do l do. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

If amazon are going to deliver "it" tomorrow, I don't think you have any option but to wait until you've got it (whatever it turns out to be), and then return it to them for a full refund.  You do it by telling amazon that you are exercising your statutory right to cancel a distance sale under s29 of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (legislation.gov.uk)

I presume you have evidence (1) from Harper Collins that book #3 was never published and (2) that despite this fact, amazon still allowed you to place an order for book #3?

Edited by Manxman in exile

I know how to return to amazon. 

2 is a no. The book was abandoned/ decision to not publish at end of March. At a guess l would say the last week of March. Book 2 came out the 2nd March and l ordered book #3 the 5th March. 

1 is also a no as l done it by phone. I know l should have recorded or even via email but l was not expecting this to be the situation. At first it was just to sort a bad feeling out. 

I think l am annoyed mostly that if Amazon knew about this and done nothing then they have made money on my money. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

and if you'd used a credit or a debit card you would have had instant recourse.....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes but l wanted to know it was paid for. Tho when doing a charge bacķ before with my bank l found it was very ĺong winded and l pretty much had to beg for them to do something to help as it took them 3 months to be bothered to accept the claim. 

Well suprise suprise.no book dispatched and date pushed back again. Spoke to them and again publisher cant get them the books. The bloke said if that was true they would have contacted me by now. 

Spoke to bank as l brought the gift card via debit card. They were as helpful as a chocolate tea pot. They want me to give them time. Another 6 weeks.